X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    In terms of watching the 'Hawks play somewhere local, I think the best chance is for BU to beat BC in the finals. That gives BU a legit shot at a #1 seed, and then Lowell/Maine can both be 2's/3's in Worcester or Bridgeport.

This again is assuming other things break our way. Here's to hoping.
    Pat? Any legit hope of us still being east?
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Very little chance UML stays local if both Maine and BU are two seeds.

Comment

Here's a not-unrealistic scenario that has Lowell end up at #8 in the PWR, likely in Worcester (with BC as #1 overall).

You have specified the following tournament results:

WCHA Play-in #2: Michigan Tech defeats Denver.
        WCHA Play-in #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State.
        WCHA Semifinal #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Michigan Tech.
        WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats North Dakota.
        WCHA Championship game: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Minnesota.
        Hockey East Semifinal #2: Boston University defeats Maine.
        Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Providence.
        Hockey East Championship game: Boston College defeats Boston University.
        ECAC Semifinal #2: Harvard defeats Cornell.
        ECAC Semifinal #1: Union defeats Colgate.
        ECAC Championship game: Union defeats Harvard.
        ECAC Consolation game: Cornell defeats Colgate.
        CCHA Semifinal #2: Miami defeats Western Michigan.
        CCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
        CCHA Championship game: Michigan defeats Miami.
        CCHA Consolation game: Western Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
        Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Niagara.
        Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst.
        Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

No one should be forced to root for BC. Unless you're a BC fan. Of course.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They said it's open to everyone ... so I don't feel bad passing this on.

Lowell will be hosting a watch party on Sunday starting at 11:30 to 1pm at the SportsZone in Dracut for NCAA Selection Sunday. Just let Scott Donnelly know if you're coming, so they can keep a count. They'll have some complimentary apps as well.

Count me in!
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              Pat? Any legit hope of us still being east?
              Of course! Figuring it out is another matter. There are just too many scenarios to work out.

A few rules... Being opposite of Minnesota will send us west. Being a 4 seed will likely send us west if the CCHA gets 2 #1s and 2#4s.

As it stands, I'd say going west is more likely than not just due to team placement and our poor travel habits. If bridgeport looks spectacularly weak you may see a swap.

We have more than a few things against us... But it is certainly not out of the question.

Edit: based on some look-ins I've done I'd say 2-1 or 3-1 against staying east. I will admit that I do want to go west... I know that's not helpful in the slightest for fans but Bridgeport looks like the opposite of fun and it looks like Worcester has gotten a lot worse in the last decade. If either had a good downtown next to the arena for pre-game post-game I wouldn't mind either.

Doing some inspection I liked what I saw on the other side of 190 from DCU... Shrewsbury street I think... Place with a lot of beer and what looks like good food. 0.6 mile walk to DCU
              Last edited by Patman; 03-13-2012, 04:01 PM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                That's gonna be pretty hard for leswp1 to do...
                Dam skippy. And if the other option is to root for BU then I guess I will just not watch

Comment

Couple of days old, but a good article about Arnold in the Foxboro Reporter.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Dam skippy. And if the other option is to root for BU then I guess I will just not watch
                    I just cheer for the graboids

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Bad news for UVM. According to reports leading scorer Sebastian Stalberg has signed with San Jose and will forgo his senior season.

http://www.wca*****/story/17152682/r...ns-with-sharks

Comment

Here's the full schedule from ESPN for the NCAA tournament coverage.
                        http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2012/03/14/2012hockey/

Comment

Scott Wilson and Zack Kamrass were named to the All-Rookie team (Wilson was a unanimous choice).

Matt Ferreira was named the winner of the Turfer Athletic Award.

Other awards announced today:

2012 PRO AMBITIONS ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
                          G: Casey DeSmith, New Hampshire (Rochester, N.H.)
                          D: Zach Kamrass, UMass-Lowell (Atlanta, Ga.)
                          D: Alexx Privitera, Boston University (Old Tappan, N.J.)
                          D: Trevor van Riemsdyk, New Hampshire (Middletown, N.J.)
                          F: Johnny Gaudreau, Boston College (Carneys Point, N.J.) *
                          F: Ross Mauermann, Providence College (Janesville, Wis.)
                          F: Ludwig Karlsson, Northeastern (Stockholm, Sweden) *
                          F: Kyle Reynolds, Vermont (Sylvan Lake, Alta.)
                          F: Scott Wilson, UMass-Lowell (Oakville, Ont.) *
                          * unanimous selections

2012 HOCKEY EAST AWARD WINNERS
                          Old Time Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman: Brian Dumoulin, Boston College (Jr., Biddeford, Maine)
                          Gladiator Best Defensive Forward: Chris Connolly, Boston University (Sr., Duluth, Minn.)
                          Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award: Chris Connolly, Boston University (Sr., F, Duluth, Minn.)
                          Scoring Champion: Spencer Abbott, Maine (38 pts.; Sr., F, Hamilton, Ont.)
                          Bauer Goaltending Champion: Parker Milner, Boston College (1.85 GAA, .928 save%; Jr., Pittsburgh, Pa.)
                          Army ROTC Three Stars Award: Kieran Millan, Boston University (Sr., G, Edmonton. Alta.)
                          Turfer Athletic Award: Matt Ferreira, UMass-Lowell (Sr., F, Brampton, Ont.)
                          Charlie Holt Team Sportsmanship Award: New Hampshire Wildcats
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Scott Wilson and Zack Kamrass were named to the All-Rookie team (Wilson was a unanimous choice).

Matt Ferreira was named the winner of the Turfer Athletic Award.

Other awards announced today:

2012 PRO AMBITIONS ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
                            G: Casey DeSmith, New Hampshire (Rochester, N.H.)
                            D: Zach Kamrass, UMass-Lowell (Atlanta, Ga.)
                            D: Alexx Privitera, Boston University (Old Tappan, N.J.)
                            D: Trevor van Riemsdyk, New Hampshire (Middletown, N.J.)
                            F: Johnny Gaudreau, Boston College (Carneys Point, N.J.) *
                            F: Ross Mauermann, Providence College (Janesville, Wis.)
                            F: Ludwig Karlsson, Northeastern (Stockholm, Sweden) *
                            F: Kyle Reynolds, Vermont (Sylvan Lake, Alta.)
                            F: Scott Wilson, UMass-Lowell (Oakville, Ont.) *
                            * unanimous selections

2012 HOCKEY EAST AWARD WINNERS
                            Old Time Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman: Brian Dumoulin, Boston College (Jr., Biddeford, Maine)
                            Gladiator Best Defensive Forward: Chris Connolly, Boston University (Sr., Duluth, Minn.)
                            Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award: Chris Connolly, Boston University (Sr., F, Duluth, Minn.)
                            Scoring Champion: Spencer Abbott, Maine (38 pts.; Sr., F, Hamilton, Ont.)
                            Bauer Goaltending Champion: Parker Milner, Boston College (1.85 GAA, .928 save%; Jr., Pittsburgh, Pa.)
                            Army ROTC Three Stars Award: Kieran Millan, Boston University (Sr., G, Edmonton. Alta.)
                            Turfer Athletic Award: Matt Ferreira, UMass-Lowell (Sr., F, Brampton, Ont.)
                            Charlie Holt Team Sportsmanship Award: New Hampshire Wildcats
                            No Carr??

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              No Carr??
                              Milner had the best stats for goaltenders. I believe there are more awards to be given out tonight.

Press release from Hockey East.
                              http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...03/mar14ar.php

Comment

I'm getting more antsy as the week wears on. Need it to be Friday already.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X