X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    They'll be going up against Stonehill who beat Lowell twice this year, 72-59 on November 30th, and then crushed them 69-35 on February 8th.
    Franklin Pierce had also defeated the Hawks twice this year prior to last night.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I watched the video feed. The buffering lag was so bad that every little bit I would refresh and the score would have changed by 4-6. Talk about back and forth, up and down.

Comment

Chaz with a short write-up on the Sun's site.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Today UML players were out in the community shoveling driveways. Good stuff!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...030112aae.html
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            Today UML players were out in the community shoveling driveways. Good stuff!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...030112aae.html
            builds character
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I don't know if it's that UML is playing PC, or that Lowell fans are nervous, but wow, it's been quiet in here this week... it's not like the games tonight and tomorrow mean anything.

The USCHO writers once again pick Lowell to sweep.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                The USCHO writers once again pick Lowell to sweep.
                kiss o' death

Comment

Once this weekend is over, as long as Lowell doesn't face Merrimack, I will be cheering for UML, but this weekend I hope you get swept so Merrimack can get the three seed.

Comment

Definitely nervous here.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Once this weekend is over, as long as Lowell doesn't face Merrimack, I will be cheering for UML, but this weekend I hope you get swept so Merrimack can get the three seed.
                      Even if Lowell gets swept, MC would need to take at least 3 points from UMass (not saying that can't/won't happen).

From the Lowell side, I'll take a split at worse for Lowell. That and a Merrimack split would give Lowell third place. Hell, being the kind and considerate guy I am, I'll even take a Lowell split, Merrimack gaining three points ... that would put Lowell 3rd (at worst, depending on BU), MC 4th and Maine 5th.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Even if Lowell gets swept, MC would need to take at least 3 points from UMass (not saying that can't/won't happen).

From the Lowell side, I'll take a split at worse for Lowell. That and a Merrimack split would give Lowell third place. Hell, being the kind and considerate guy I am, I'll even take a Lowell split, Merrimack gaining three points ... that would put Lowell 3rd (at worst, depending on BU), MC 4th and Maine 5th.
                        If Lowell gets 2 points this weekend they'll finish no worse than 3rd.

Lowell - 31 pts
                        Maine - 30 pts
                        Merrimack - 29pts

Lowell has the tie breaker over Maine (2-1 season series) and over Merrimack (1-1-1, better records against both BU and BC, so regardless of who is in first the tie breaker goes to Lowell.)

So even if Mack sweeps (33pts), Lowell just needs 2 points.

Obviously they have to be thinking 4 points or bust, but in terms of 3rd place, a deuce will do it.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Two tonight... If they screw that up they should haul the bus back with their teeth.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I was just in Market Basket and they have vouchers for $7 tickets if you buy 4 for the playoff games next Thursday Friday and Sunday. Seems kinda strange to have vouchers out when we haven't clinched home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                              I was just in Market Basket and they have vouchers for $7 tickets if you buy 4 for the playoff games next Thursday Friday and Sunday. Seems kinda strange to have vouchers out when we haven't clinched home ice.
                              Not to me, it takes awhile to get that kind of stuff in the pipeline. More to the point, Thursday-Friday-Sunday??? I don't like it when my kickball schedule is interfered with (thursday game)... especially when that is also in playoff mode.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Not to me, it takes awhile to get that kind of stuff in the pipeline. More to the point, Thursday-Friday-Sunday??? I don't like it when my kickball schedule is interfered with (thursday game)... especially when that is also in playoff mode.
                                Tsongas is being used Saturday unfortunately.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X