X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Agree that they are boring to watch and chippy. By the end of the game all I wanted was for someone (preferably Lyles) to check Todd into oblivion. He has to be the most irritating player to watch- stabbing, hooking, cheap stuff with lots of extracurricular activities after the whistle. The kid has skill. It is irritating as hell to watch someone with skill be cheap on general principle- I don't care who he plays for. I missed what bent him over but I was not a good Christian because I thought- finally!

You could see that Lyles was making an effort to do the right thing. I thought he was much better. I would feel worse about the one hand on the stick but having seen his upper body I think he sould control a 2X4 with one hand no problem.
    The fact that you feel this way about Todd makes me like him all the more. Scrappy and gets under the opposing team's skin. Like a Brad Marchand. Love those players when they're on your team, hate em when they wear the opposing sweater.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
      I really don't want to match up with Merrimack again. It is like watching the mid 90's Devils.
      Agreed. Just a boring game to watch because Merrimack (on the road) sucks the life out of the game. Playing the Warriors and having the lead is completely a different game from having to come back against them. Happy to take the point, but God, that was just a boring product. Kinda like watching UVM when they're on the road.
      Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
      The fact that you feel this way about Todd makes me like him all the more. Scrappy and gets under the opposing team's skin. Like a Brad Marchand. Love those players when they're on your team, hate em when they wear the opposing sweater.
      Actually Collins annoyed me a lot more. It's like a team full of Joey Diamonds.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I don't consider it scrappy. That stuff cheapens a good player and if they do go on to the next level usually they get their face rearranged very quickly (and big surprise to them there is no penalty), they knock it off and actually play good hockey. I have more respect for players who do not do that stuff and scare you to watch because they rely on their talent not their uncontrolled testosterone.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Agreed. Just a boring game to watch because Merrimack (on the road) sucks the life out of the game. Playing the Warriors and having the lead is completely a different game from having to come back against them. Happy to take the point, but God, that was just a boring product. Kinda like watching UVM when they're on the road.
          I was surprised the first game they played at the cheap stuff. I noticed it way more this yr than last yr. At the beginning of the yr they were ranked way higher than us and if a team is really good you usually don't see all the extracurricular crap. If you are good enough it isn't necessary and it wastes energy.

Comment

Agree, he seemed to be doing a lot of chirping this weekend. Bates is another one. He delivered that cheap shot at the end of the first game a couple of weeks ago.
            Last edited by boblav1; 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

He's probably a few years older than Marchand.

Will Merrimack be giving him a big cake when he turns 25 soon?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

So not sure what was the diagnosis with Suter after last night's game, but via twitter, it sounded like he was at the hospital today and he got good news:

Every female worker at the hospital reminds me of Mickey Wards sisters in #thefighter #thatmtv*****chahleene
                Unbelievable News. Very happy camper #nolunchbreak

Comment

It's hard to believe the UML baseball and softball teams have started all ready. The baseball team went 1-2 and the softball team went 4-1 over the weekend.

Comment

It's been a long long time since we went through a full Hockey East weekend, and Lowell fans were actually down.
                    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    It's hard to believe the UML baseball and softball teams have started all ready. The baseball team went 1-2 and the softball team went 4-1 over the weekend.
                    #4 UML men's basketball won their playoff game yesterday 86-68. There were no upsets with all the top four seeds winning.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I do like one thing going into this weekend, if Lowell finishes in a tie with any one team, they win every one of those tiebreakers (I think BC's won the HE crown, so I'm not counting them).
                      Monty

Comment

I do like one thing going into this weekend, if Lowell finishes in a tie with any one team, they win every one of those tiebreakers (I think BC's won the HE crown, so I'm not counting them).
                        BC has not won the HE crown as of yet (at least officially).

Mr. Ellis was correct that Lowell still had a chance at the #1 seed on the post-game show last week, but Lowell can only get a share of the HE regular-season title. Mathematically, this happens with a Vermont sweep of BC, UML sweep of PC, BU only taking two of the four points against NU, and Maine finishing in third. All teams would have 35 points. The round-robin tiebreaker between the teams would be 3-3, the conference wins would also be equal at 17, so best record against Maine which Lowell wins 2-1, BC and BU are 1-2. BC wins tiebreaker if Merrimack in third, we would get second with H2H on BU.

Again while possbile, I'd put this scenario with the same chance of hitting Powerball.
                        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                          BC has not won the HE crown as of yet (at least officially).
                          Oh I know ... just saying I think it's over.

Lowell falls to 8th in the country after this weekend, while BC moves to 1st, BU moves up to 4th, and Maine and Merrimack stay where they were (10th and 12th respectively).
                          Monty

Comment

I haven't looked at it recently... but by my last figuring... including the next round of games... we need 3 points or 2 wins to make the NCAAs.

I want to see that be a formality. Take all four this weekend. If they can't get themselves up for this weekend then they'll deserve their fate. Its all within reach.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              I haven't looked at it recently... but by my last figuring... including the next round of games... we need 3 points or 2 wins to make the NCAAs.

I want to see that be a formality. Take all four this weekend. If they can't get themselves up for this weekend then they'll deserve their fate. Its all within reach.
                              That would be ideal, to already have a spot in the NCAAs regardless of what happens in the HE playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                That would be ideal, to already have a spot in the NCAAs regardless of what happens in the HE playoffs.
                                I just want to be in... This an excellent opportunity to put it away.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X