X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    I figured I have enough standing around here to start page two...enjoy!
    who woulda thunk we could even have part 2 if we didn't want to fire the coach!?

As to the wave- Rowdy was leading that the last few games, not the drunk frat boys. Why so negative? How is there a right way to cheer? We have a full studential section. They are loud, they are more creative every time and they look like they are having fun and that is what counts. Us telling the kids what to do when we aren't the kids anymore - Meh. They will work out their own culture.

I do miss all the blow up objects from yrs ago. The blow up girl was my favorite hockey story of all time! Absolute classic!! I remember a crayon too, which was just plain weird, but the blow up girl was genius.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun20 View Post
      I had trouble getting the UML feed to listen to last night, so I listened to the UMA radio feed. I heard a comment by a member of the broadcast team and I do not know what to take out of it. It was (And I Paraphrase) "Blaise must be extra upset at getting swept by Lowell this season as he recruited most of that team", am I missing something or was he taking a giant shot at the Riverhawks?? or was he dumping on the former UML Coach?
      I think it was factual too. Must not feel good to have recruited a bunch of promising guys and then have them stick it to the team you are with now.

Comment

Merrimack's win today drops Lowell back to 5th in HE, but 3rd in points per game.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Merrimack's win today drops Lowell back to 5th in HE, but 3rd in points per game.
          Without question, the game of the week in Hockey East this week is BU @ Merrimack on Friday night. Not only will it determine if Merrimack and Lowell can catch BU this weekend, but more importantly for Merrimack, is the rubber match to decide the season series with the Terriers.

If both Valley teams come away with four points next weekend, how {censored} up would that be on February 10th where Merrimack and Lowell would be battling for first place in Hockey East at the Tsongas Center.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

While bored at work, I calculated the average opponent conference winning % for each team for the remaining HE games. While Lowell doesn't have an easy schedule out, at least we're not Mass, UVM, or Mack:
            Code:
            Team	Win %	Schedule
            BU	 0.425%	Mack, Amherst, Lowell(2),  VT(2), NU(2)
            BC	 0.396%	Mack(2), PC(2), VT(3)
            Mack	 0.545%	BU, Amherst(3), Lowell (3), UNH, BC (2)
            Maine	 0.438%	PC, Lowell, Amherst(2), NU(2), UNH
            Lowell   0.522%	UVM(2), Mack(3), Maine, BU(2), PC(2)
            PC	 0.501%	UNH(2), Maine, Amherst, NU(2), BC(2), Lowell (2)
            Mass	 0.548%	NU, Mack(3), BU, PC, Maine(2), UNH(2)
            NU	 0.536%	Amherst, UNH, PC(2), Maine(2), BU(2)
            UNH	 0.416%	PC(2), NU, Mack, UVM(2), Amherst(2), Maine
            UVM	 0.579%	Lowell(2), BC(3), UNH(2), BU(2)
            Maine also has a 2 game set this weekend with UAH, and obviously you have NU, BC, and BU with 2 Beanpot games apiece.

Comment

I don't remember seeing stats like this (this late in the year) in a long long time ... there are four points separating the leading point scorer for UML (Vallorani, 22) from the 7th in points (Wallin and Pendenza with 18). In just shows that you've got such even scoring around them team right now when you've got 8 players clumped together like that, impressive. Only 3 of the 8 are upperclassmen, only one is a d-man. Of the top-10 in points, 7 are freshmen and sophomores.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                I don't remember seeing stats like this (this late in the year) in a long long time ... there are four points separating the leading point scorer for UML (Vallorani, 22) from the 7th in points (Wallin and Pendenza with 18). In just shows that you've got such even scoring around them team right now when you've got 8 players clumped together like that, impressive. Only 3 of the 8 are upperclassmen, only one is a d-man. Of the top-10 in points, 7 are freshmen and sophomores.
                That's awesome.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Lowell once again has the Rookie of the Week. For the 3rd time this year, it's Terrence Wallin.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...013012aaa.html
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    While bored at work, I calculated the average opponent conference winning % for each team for the remaining HE games. While Lowell doesn't have an easy schedule out, at least we're not Mass, UVM, or Mack:
                    Code:
                    Team	Win %	Schedule
                    Maine also has a 2 game set this weekend with UAH, and obviously you have NU, BC, and BU with 2 Beanpot games apiece.
                    Good post, I did the same thing last night after the Merrimack game and saw the disproportionate schedule. Then again, BC only has the seven league games left. Of the teams with the most to lose, I think Merrimack has the toughest schedule home. Other than Vermont, that's a really tough stretch for Lowell but at least 70% of the games are at the Tsongas. Let's beat UVM, but the two game I want from this stretch are the first game with Merrimack and home game with BU. Force Merrimack to win two games for the series and take the season series from BU on home ice making the Agganis game somewhat irrelevant.
                    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Code:
                      Team	Win %	Schedule
                      The other interesting thing to look at would be home/away games for rest of schedule.

Comment

Code:
                        Team	Win %	Schedule
                        BU	 0.425%	@MC Mass @Lowell Lowell @UVM (2) NU @NU - 3H/5A
                        BC	 0.396%	@UVM MC @MC @PC PC UVM (2) - 4H/3A
                        Mack	 0.545%	BU @Mass @Lowell UNH @BC BC Lowell @Lowell @Mass Mass  5H/5A
                        Maine	 0.438%	@PC @Lowell Mass (2) @NU (2) UNH - 3H/4A
                        Lowell   0.522%	UVM (2) MC ME BU @BU @MC MC @PC PC - 7H/3A
                        PC	 0.501%	@UNH UNH ME @Mass @NU (2) BC @BC Lowell @Lowell - 4H/6A
                        Mass	 0.548%	@NU Mack @BU Providence, @ME (2) UNH (2) MC @MC - 5H/5A
                        NU	 0.536%	Mass @UNH PC (2) ME (2) @BU BU - 6H/2A
                        UNH	 0.416%	PC @PC, NU @MC UVM (2), @Mass (2) @ME - 4H/5A
                        UVM	 0.579%	@Lowell (2) BC @UNH (2) BU (2) @BC (2) - 3H/6A
                        Done.
                        Last edited by Patronick; 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Lowell's 2-1 week helps them move up to #9 nationally. BU drops from 2nd to 3rd, Merrimack (4th) moves up a spot and BC (5th) moves up 2, while Maine makes the largest leap from 20th to 15th.
                          Monty

Comment

Lowell is looking pretty with seven home games, especially if they can sweep an inferior UVM team this weekend. After this weekend, they do not play a team below 6th in the standings. Three with Merrimack then two and one with BU and Maine respectively. BU and Maine will certainly be ready for those games as UML handed it to both teams earlier in the year. PC is a good squad, good coach.

I think you could go as far as saying the next four games are huge for UML as I think it would be a good bet that the last three home and home series would be splits. I've seen UVM play four times this year and they are really terrible. I love seeing the two MV teams doing well. Hope UML sweeps UVM and MC wins at least one game this weekend (both will be tough). It would set up a huge game. Might be the biggest ever between the two since the D2 days.

Right now, I ran the what if calculator and came up with the following:

1. MC 37 (7-3)
                            2. BU 35 (5-3)
                            3. BC 35 (5-2)
                            4. Maine 34 (5-2)
                            5. UML 32 (5-5)
                            6. PC 27 (5-5)
                            7. NU 24 (5-3)
                            8. UNH 21 (4-5)
                            9. UMass 20 (3-6)
                            10. UVM 5 (0-9)

I know that most likely there will be ties, but I picked a winner/loser for every game. I'm sure some of it is a little biased, but we'll see. I think home ice is very key, especially for Merrimack and Maine, plus anyone who has to play them on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              4. Maine 34 (5-2)
                              5. UML 32 (5-5)
                              I really don't like your what-if calculator!
                              Monty

Comment

I see splits with the last three series. I see UML sweeping UVM. I see the other UML-MC game as 50/50. The other game is against Maine, which is on a roll right now and UML beat Maine twice up there so you would think Maine would come out hot with something to prove.

Comment

Working...
                                X