X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I can't even think of the words right now ... but Stephen Tocco... F you!

Things could change. Things will change. But my alma mater is in first place in Hockey East.
    I'm just waiting for that little *** weasel to take credit for our success.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I'm just waiting for that little *** weasel to take credit for our success.
      If he had any nuts, I'd happily kick him in those puny marbles.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell first team to clinch a spot in the playoffs.

Comment

I can't believe what a change in coaching has done for the program, unreal, Congrats to long time dedicated fans, enjoy, you deserve it.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I can't believe what a change in coaching has done for the program, unreal, Congrats to long time dedicated fans, enjoy, you deserve it.
            Thanks, appreciate that. I can't recall if you're in the region or not; will you be at the game tonight?
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

and what a relief!! wally are you coming down for tonight or listening in? If you hear a cowbell that is Lil and I (I hope you hear it alot!)

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                Thanks, appreciate that. I can't recall if you're in the region or not; will you be at the game tonight?
                Nah
                I won't be there, I expect Maine is looking forward to tonight though(at the expense of losing to PC), we'll see if Maine is for real tonight. I hope Sully handles the pressure if not, its timmay time once again
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Nah
                  I won't be there, I expect Maine is looking forward to tonight though(at the expense of losing to PC), we'll see if Maine is for real tonight. I hope Sully handles the pressure if not, its timmay time once again
                  Real barn burner last night. hopefully another great game tonight.

How bout that student section last night?!?! They were awesome. It is getting really fun to watch what they will come up with next. The guy in the dress with the beard and his buddy in the suit wins the prize. They should have a contest for the most funky idea and give it away at the end of the year. Really nice to see the ovation they gave the team after the game.

Comment

The impossible has become possible. Words can’t describe the elation happening in the Riverhawk community. Stop and think: 5 wins last year, majority of the 5 win team returns, expansive number of underclassmen, new coaching staff, unknown team chemistry, unknown adaption to the new staff and system, building synergy, gaining trust and most of all – forgetting last year and building self confidence. I should probably also mention, playing in arguable the toughest college hockey conference in the country.

I can honestly say, I haven’t seen anything like this since… “maybe”… the Patriots first winning superbowl, where the team was 5-11 the previous year, battled tremendous adversity, including injury and hiring a new coach with Bill Belichick (if someone has a better analogy – I am all for hearing it). Understand, I am not saying this team is winning the hockey east regular season, I am not saying this team will win the hockey east tournament and I am not saying that they have an automatic bid to the NCAA. What I am saying is this experience we are witnessing is very rare. That’s why people marvel at situations as such; when the runt of the litter becomes one of the top dogs. Great moments are derived from opportunities… and this team is making the best of it.

Bob Ellis interviewed Captain Riley Wetmore in between periods. Riley stated that he never experienced this much team building in his life, and that everyone is there for everyone. Its not singular success, but rather team success… and Riley said they are having a lot of fun.

I admit, when they hired Bazin I questioned it. I questioned whether he had the makeup to be a successful Hockey East coach. I questioned his background, and his experience… I questioned his success too, “great he turned a D3 team around, but can he turn around a D1 program”… and boy was I wrong. It’s amazing how much this coach has inspired his team, school and Riverhawk nation… it’s truly remarkable. Congrats to UMass – Lowell for making the right decision to hire Bazin, as he has proved to be a great coach and leader.
                    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

reality check time... 7 games left plus at least 2 playoffs... win 2 of them and we'll be right here in front of our computers... the teams we have to slog through are not easy. All are beatable... and we won't win all of them. We aren't there yet.... but we're certainly in the neighborhood.

Let's get #20 tonight.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

This season has been one of the most enjoyable seasons that I can remember since the glory days of Division 2 championships seasons. Being a season ticket holder for 33 years this season is enjoyable knowing that I'll be in Tampa and Norm and our boys have a good chance to be there too. Keep up the good work Norm and the Riverhawks. I am proud to be a Riverhawk Fan. Go Riverhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! See u in Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
                          I would like to see tonight's atmosphere to be like in the old days of this match up. I can remember when the forum would be rocking. Should be to great games this weekend. On another topic, I will going to Tampa,(hopefully the team will be too) and I would like to put together a meet and great social for UML fans that will be there. If anyone is interested let me know. I can be reach here or at beachockey@comcast.net. I think it would be a good time.
                          If the team makes it there I don't think you'll have a problem getting warm bodies... and the school would probably organize something anyways. Needless to say, if we're there, so am I.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Nicely said hawkeytown.

I also had a bit of doubt about Bazin but not as much as others. I figured he'd done 'something' in the past and he couldn't be worse than what we had. I was right. Def not worse.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Wasn't able to listen to the game last night because I was in Durham with Mrs. gouml and her UNH-alum family for the game, but I did catch the post game show on WUML when we got home. Between that recap, the highlights on the Hockey East website, and the comments on this thread and the game thread, it really sounds like the game lived up to being one of the top contests in college hockey this weekend, anchored by Carr and Cannata (although the Wilson-Arnold-Wetmore line is becoming downright scary).

At the beginning of the season, I would have guessed that Lowell would spend its time in mid-February jockeying with the #8-#10 teams for that last playoff spot, not a point ahead for first place in Hockey East. Bazin seems to make a point of keeping the players focused on the here-and-now, so all I'm hoping for right now is another great performance against Maine tonight. Win or lose tonight, who would have thought next week's Lowell-BU series would be between the #1 and #2 teams in the conference?

Can't wait to listen to the game tonight.
                              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                                The impossible has become possible. Words can’t describe the elation happening in the Riverhawk community. Stop and think: 5 wins last year, majority of the 5 win team returns, expansive number of underclassmen, new coaching staff, unknown team chemistry, unknown adaption to the new staff and system, building synergy, gaining trust and most of all – forgetting last year and building self confidence. I should probably also mention, playing in arguable the toughest college hockey conference in the country.

I can honestly say, I haven’t seen anything like this since… “maybe”… the Patriots first winning superbowl, where the team was 5-11 the previous year, battled tremendous adversity, including injury and hiring a new coach with Bill Belichick (if someone has a better analogy – I am all for hearing it). Understand, I am not saying this team is winning the hockey east regular season, I am not saying this team will win the hockey east tournament and I am not saying that they have an automatic bid to the NCAA. What I am saying is this experience we are witnessing is very rare. That’s why people marvel at situations as such; when the runt of the litter becomes one of the top dogs. Great moments are derived from opportunities… and this team is making the best of it.

Bob Ellis interviewed Captain Riley Wetmore in between periods. Riley stated that he never experienced this much team building in his life, and that everyone is there for everyone. Its not singular success, but rather team success… and Riley said they are having a lot of fun.

I admit, when they hired Bazin I questioned it. I questioned whether he had the makeup to be a successful Hockey East coach. I questioned his background, and his experience… I questioned his success too, “great he turned a D3 team around, but can he turn around a D1 program”… and boy was I wrong. It’s amazing how much this coach has inspired his team, school and Riverhawk nation… it’s truly remarkable. Congrats to UMass – Lowell for making the right decision to hire Bazin, as he has proved to be a great coach and leader.
                                Absolutely great post.

I can't begin to describe that feeling of elation from last night. Yes, this isn't the end of the season, this isn't the national championship etc. But after last year, it kinda feels like it. Seeing the smile on the long-time Lowell fans faces was such a wonderful thing.

Now ... there's a game tonight. Going for the season sweep of Maine (yet another thing I never though I'd type this season). Hope the student section continues to grow... All IN!
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X