This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

I figured I have enough standing around here to start page two...enjoy!
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    I figured I have enough standing around here to start page two...enjoy!
    Wha? How? I don't even? Get back to the salt mines

---

I love that scenario that's painted, but I'll settle for taking four from Vermont. Hopefully the UVM and PC games serve as a wake-up call. Slack and die. I would also say that there's likely a scenario or two that give us the national #1 in Pairwise... but that's getting ahead... we lose two and we'll be down to 11th in no time.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

What a wonderful weekend, and a great response to the loss to PC. 7-1 now at home, which definitely is making the Tsongas a tough place for visiting teams to play.

Did ANYONE think that UML would be 3 points out of first place at the end of January? Wow.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Did ANYONE think that UML would be 3 points out of first place at the end of January? Wow.
        I'll take it a step further, did anyone believe that Lowell would be in the discussion for home-ice or in contention for a 20-win season. If things continue as well as they've been so far, it has the makings of a movie.

I agree 100% with Patman; Lowell has to take care of more business this weekend. Two wins for their fifth season series of the season against Vermont. I'm sure a lot of the western writers are going to be watching this game on NESN. The boys have to keep delivering in the same way that they have in the Tsongas Center since November. Maine/BU/BC, it's the same group that was their in 2010. Unlike that year, Lowell has the advantage. The next three weeks will show if this is more than a home-ice team in Hockey East.

Couple of more stats this morning....

A win on Friday would clinch at least 9th place finish.

Five goals on Friday or this weekend would mean that Lowell would exceed its total from one year prior in both league and overall. Lowell scored 60 goals in league play and 83 overall for all of 2010-2011. We are currently at 56 and 80, respectively.
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          What a wonderful weekend, and a great response to the loss to PC. 7-1 now at home, which definitely is making the Tsongas a tough place for visiting teams to play.
          It's great to have the students back. The Gorilla, the Easy button are great. Where was Gumby? Someone was even playing a cow bell last night leading cheers. It's great to see the students involved.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            It's great to have the students back. The Gorilla, the Easy button are great. Where was Gumby? Someone was even playing a cow bell last night leading cheers. It's great to see the students involved.
            Cowbell boy and his friends kept doing the "Go-Fight-Win" chant. Despite being boo'ed and students yelling we're not UNH (or Cornell, but none of them know that I imagine" he kept going. Also a bunch of drunk frat boys at the bottom of the section trying to do the wave, much to the anger of the students who know better of such things.

I'll say this though, having too many students is never a problem
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              Cowbell boy and his friends kept doing the "Go-Fight-Win" chant.
              Thanks, we were trying to figure out what that chant was.

I'll even take that at this point ... we need some creativity in our chants again, it's been too long.

BTW ... if this is all a dream, just let me sleep. 16-7. Amazing.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Cowbell boy and his friends kept doing the "Go-Fight-Win" chant. Despite being boo'ed and students yelling we're not UNH (or Cornell, but none of them know that I imagine" he kept going. Also a bunch of drunk frat boys at the bottom of the section trying to do the wave, much to the anger of the students who know better of such things.

The two girls in the corner they kept showing on the internet feed was nice. More of that please (looking at you, undergrad admissions office.)

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Sure it sounded like a UNH cheer, but let's be careful not to turn some of them off because they're not doing the acceptable cheers. The bottom line is the students are there to have fun. I would rather have the student section full with "Go-fight-Win" and the "Wave" then half empty. The students are showing up now and it's just a matter of organizing them. Hopefully the students and the band can all get together on the cheers.

Wow, talking about cheers....things must be going good.
                  Last edited by boblav1; 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I'll take it a step further, did anyone believe that Lowell would be in the discussion for home-ice or in contention for a 20-win season. If things continue as well as they've been so far, it has the makings of a movie.
                    I'll take it even a step further... did anyone believe Lowell would be currently ranked #3 in PWR and a #1 seed in the big dance?

Honest, I'm not trying to jinx youse guys, just stating the facts. But kudos to UML, the coaching staff and team. In my wildest dreams I never thought Lowell would be sitting in this position at any point this season.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I'll take it a step further, did anyone believe that Lowell would be in the discussion for home-ice or in contention for a 20-win season.
                      Count me among those who did not. But, then again, I didn't think we'd be nearly as horrible as we are. BTW, expect to see a new face in goal next weekend. With Madore seemingly unable to stop all but the easiest shots (he was pulled during the 2nd period of Friday night's mauling), sophomore Alex Vazzano got the start Saturday and played reasonably well. Sneddon's already said he'll be starting again Friday against you guys. Unless he gives up 10+ goals (which isn't out of the question), I don't see a scenario where Madore will play again anytime soon, if ever.

If things continue as well as they've been so far, it has the makings of a movie.
                      Indeed. Your movie would be something like Rocky. Ours would be something like The Titanic.

Take it easy on us next weekend.

Comment

I know the last post was a bit facetious but w/ some of the program shutdown stuff a few years back I'd thought maybe there'd be like an OTL ( outside the lines) on us.

Let's keep winning and make that happen

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

On second thought, instead of Rocky, how about The Fighter? That even took place in Lowell, didn't it?

Comment

I had trouble getting the UML feed to listen to last night, so I listened to the UMA radio feed. I heard a comment by a member of the broadcast team and I do not know what to take out of it. It was (And I Paraphrase) "Blaise must be extra upset at getting swept by Lowell this season as he recruited most of that team", am I missing something or was he taking a giant shot at the Riverhawks?? or was he dumping on the former UML Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by topgun20 View Post
                              I had trouble getting the UML feed to listen to last night, so I listened to the UMA radio feed. I heard a comment by a member of the broadcast team and I do not know what to take out of it. It was (And I Paraphrase) "Blaise must be extra upset at getting swept by Lowell this season as he recruited most of that team", am I missing something or was he taking a giant shot at the Riverhawks?? or was he dumping on the former UML Coach?
                              I doubt it was meant as a shot. It's definitely a factual statement about him having recruited almost all those players.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X