This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

SIAP, but on the Whitney goal, shouldn't Dumoulin have gotten the second assist and not Almedia? Even though Dumoulin was not on the ice for the goal, as he had changed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
      Whichever goal it was, the one that went in off Milner's back - come on. That was just awful. How far out of position was he?
      Yes it was (UNH's 1st goal). But our first goal was the same, so it's a wash.

If 'the kid' is right about a goaltending change, I hope to see Venti. I wasn't overly impressed last night.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        Whichever goal it was, the one that went in off Milner's back - come on. That was just awful. How far out of position was he?
        funny that a similar type of goal happened in the BU-Maine game.............. he was about 3-4 feet from the post facing the goal crawling to get back and it looked like the centering pass or shot hit his stick and went in

Comment

To say they needed to pull that one out for two points is an understatement, the fact that they did with their backs against the wall could ignite this team. There are a few guys on the fringe of breaking out, Steven Whitney is one and he showed how effective he can be when working hard and making smart decisions. He is one of the most skilled on this team, he just needs to bring it every night. How involved he was last night was a great sign and I am anxious to see him repeat that performance tonight. Would love to see him catch fire. That line, 9 24 21, has serious potential.

The powerplay needs to start clicking and I thought it was disorganized last night due to the new units playing together for the first time. From what I saw one unit was 9, 22, 24, 21, 4 and the other was 19, 12, 11, 2, 13??? I could be wrong, but I like the contrasting styles of the two units, one appears to be quick moving and the other is more of a bigger physical possession style of play with guys like 13 finding open space. Hopefully they get it going tonight.

A glaring ommission from this team is any form of nastiness. If you look at previous successful teams they always had players who played close to the edge, this team doesn't. I don't care what people say, when you have a few nasty players on your team, opponents know when they are lined up against them. There's an intimidation factor that players would never admit, but it's there. Orpik, Gionta, Patrick Eaves, Petrecki, Gerbe, Gibbons, etc....are all examples of players playing on the edge. I really can't think of anyone to put that tag on this team. Maybe they can win without it, it's simply an observation.

A win tonight has this team back on track for the goals they set at the start of the season. A loss and the momentum of lastnight's emotional win is history.

Comment

Milner tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              A glaring ommission from this team is any form of nastiness. If you look at previous successful teams they always had players who played close to the edge, this team doesn't. I don't care what people say, when you have a few nasty players on your team, opponents know when they are lined up against them. There's an intimidation factor that players would never admit, but it's there. Orpik, Gionta, Patrick Eaves, Petrecki, Gerbe, Gibbons, etc....are all examples of players playing on the edge. I really can't think of anyone to put that tag on this team. Maybe they can win without it, it's simply an observation.
              I was happy to see BC defensemen actually hit someone last night.

That being said, the forwards, aside from Kreider, got physically punked all night, particularly out in the open. About 80% of the time they carried over the blue line, they just got whacked, outmuscled, and had the puck taken from them. This is a big concern.

In regards to the PP, it is really just scary how easy it is to get a stick on their passes and shots. Not much cleverness, way too predictable.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Oh my Lord in heaven, that was such a huge 4 points.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Oh my Lord in heaven, that was such a huge 4 points.
                  Concur!!! Absolutely huge weekend for these guys. I like Barry Almeida more and more every day. Nice way to roll into the Beanpot.
                  sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

I was wrong about Barry Almeida. Now I wonder what he could have done if he didn't have such great players ahead of him for three years. Having a great senior year.

Looks at the PWR...back up to #6. A solid #2 seed at the moment. No more fooling around with the goalies. Milner is 12-5. He's our best short-term answer. Weird not having a game next weekend. Now we need to beat NU for a 4th straight time after three one goal wins?

Comment

to have gutted out both of these games after what happened last weekend shows a lot of intestinal fortitude that perhaps a lot of us questioned whether they had any or not, including myself. Kudos to both the players and coaching staff...............no call on UNH for an obvious trip on Cross that led directly to the tying goal late in the second period? but we get the tripping call in OT that sets us up for the win so i'll take the wash..................

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        to have gutted out both of these games after what happened last weekend shows a lot of intestinal fortitude that perhaps a lot of us questioned whether they had any or not, including myself. Kudos to both the players and coaching staff...............no call on UNH for an obvious trip on Cross that led directly to the tying goal late in the second period? but we get the tripping call in OT that sets us up for the win so i'll take the wash..................
                        How about that last call on Alber? That one was horrendous.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                          The powerplay needs to start clicking and I thought it was disorganized last night due to the new units playing together for the first time. From what I saw one unit was 9, 22, 24, 21, 4 and the other was 19, 12, 11, 2, 13??? I could be wrong, but I like the contrasting styles of the two units, one appears to be quick moving and the other is more of a bigger physical possession style of play with guys like 13 finding open space. Hopefully they get it going tonight.
                          Power play units are something like that, but the most noticeable difference is Kreider on the point with one unit and Carey on the point with the other. Last night's game winner was 9,12,24 with 4, 19 at the point. I think both of these units may be able to do some damage.

Great game last night. Milner played very well in net and the team played with a lot of energy the entire 60.
                          Michael Sit fits in very nicely with Kreider and Hayes.
                          Really like the new lines and PP units. Seems to be a lot more cohesiveness with each line.

I never felt very worried last night like I did Friday. Even though UNH went on that little flurry at the end of the 2nd to tie it and dang near take the lead in the last minute, we just seemed to have complete control over this game. Thought we would win it in regulation, but I'll take the W in OT.

OK... a full week of practice and no other games before the Beanpot. Let these lines and PP units gel a little more.
                          Go Eagles!
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Even better than the 4 points this weekend: all bear appears to have been banned.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Even better than the 4 points this weekend: all bear appears to have been banned.
                              Finally, I marked every post of his for spam

Comment

Looking ahead a couple years, BC is going to have a monster recruiting class in 2013. Evan Richardson as a 17 year old rookie in the BCHL is having a great season with a scoring line of 15g, 22a, 37 pts in 34 games. Austin Cangelosi, also a 17 year old rookie, but in the USHL, has a line of 16g, 20a, 36 pts (+18) in 29 games. I don't have stats for the other top forward recruit, Ryan Fitzgerald, but I do know that he's having a monster year at Malden Catholic and may be the best of the bunch. The last time we had this much firepower in one class may have been the Voce, Ben Eaves, Kobasew class of 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X