X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
    well, well, well...look who very quietly has surged to the top of the he standings. Of the five teams competing for home ice, bc is the only team to collect four points this weekend. Can't ask for much more than that.

My father either listened/watched online and he is not happy with dennehy/the mc players. Anybody go...what gives? I don't see any outrageous pim totals or bs at the end of the game...anything happen?
    Second period MC started hitting everything that moved and it got them back into the game. Chippy? A bit, but that's their game... typical Mack hockey, but we weren't exactly little angels ourselves. They don't stand a chance if they try to skate with us... good strategy on their part. Almost worked for them last night. Refs did a great job keeping the game under control from the outset.

That being said, what a great hockey game to watch. Could have gone either way as both goaltenders were terrific.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I nearly threw up in my mouth when Dumoulin, of all players ,coughed up the puck near the blue line in the waning seconds almost leading to the tying goal. He didn't have to rush the puck out of the zone there i dont think, a little flip in the air 30-40 feet ahead would have done the job. A real head-scratcher from someone who is always money like he is
      Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Caught that on the HE highlights...think it resulted in milner stoning someone with only a couple seconds left...

This team should see the finish line as far as the RS is concerned. Only one road game left...take care of business at PC and I think we end up with the title.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
          Any news on Kerfoot whos tearing up the BCHL, last heard his final 3 schools were BC, Harvard,and Yale. Would be a very nice recruit addition
          DAAMN, he is tearing it up. Just a few weeks ago he was a ways behind BC recruit Evan Richardson in points, now he's like 15 ahead and it isn't like Richardson is slumping (he had 4 points himself last night). Both these guys look to be the real deal and it would be enormous if BC could get Kerfoot as they already have two gems in Ryan Fitzgerald and Austin Cangelosi in that class, as well as of course Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            I nearly threw up in my mouth when Dumoulin, of all players ,coughed up the puck near the blue line in the waning seconds almost leading to the tying goal. He didn't have to rush the puck out of the zone there i dont think, a little flip in the air 30-40 feet ahead would have done the job. A real head-scratcher from someone who is always money like he is
            100% right on. he should have shot the puck empty net goal! we were very lucky on that one. He is entitled to a bad play here and there he's been terrific. Hayes on the other hand bad turnover on that first goal. Noticed York benched him right after that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Caught that on the HE highlights...think it resulted in milner stoning someone with only a couple seconds left...

This team should see the finish line as far as the RS is concerned. Only one road game left...take care of business at PC and I think we end up with the title.
              i bought the feed off Mack's web site and yeah it was Todd that he stoned, nice pass to him from the other side of the ice and good thing he was a little wide and didnt have a great angle but Milner got over quickly

Comment

I nearly threw up too! I thought he may have been trying to skate it out to get a shot at the empty net, but the flip out was my wish as well.
                How BIG was Milner's save on the ensuing back door attempt with 0:03 to go? He was money all night long. Saved our butts on more than a few occasions. Nothing spectacular, just great positioning all night long (even made breakaway saves look easy).
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

In the back of my mind I keep thinking that although we're #1 in PWR, this year's Eagles edition just doesn't have the horses (star power) to win it all. But when you come right down to it, while we may not have the same talent as in 2010, who DOES this year? There really isn't one team out there that would likely be favored over us in a one and done, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    In the back of my mind I keep thinking that although we're #1 in PWR, this year's Eagles edition just doesn't have the horses (star power) to win it all. But when you come right down to it, while we may not have the same talent as in 2010, who DOES this year?
                    exactly, no one does. we are among 10-12 or so that has a shot to win it all.............and the 2011 team was arguably more talented than the 2010 NC team and where did that get us?

Comment

claver, i dont know how i missed it because i try to read everything on EA and EO but you posted that GDF was in the locker room after Jerry's 900th friday night................interesting. He could not be at the 2010 NC banner raising (like we win so many NC's that it's old hat) but he shows up friday night. I agree with you, stay the heck away GDF, and keep your hands off it

Comment

exactly, no one does. we are among 10-12 or so that has a shot to win it all.............and the 2011 team was arguably more talented than the 2010 NC team and where did that get us?
                        Yup, still blows my mind that CC smoked us like that last year, even with all that talent....

Comment

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/jerry-yo...-900-wins.html

as an aside to my post above (are you supposed to do that?) take a look at GDF's facial expression, at about 35-40 seconds, as he grudgingly hugs Jerry in the locker room after #900, can you say "priceless"? It made me laugh because he had the same face on (like he was smelling rotten eggs or even worse) at the NC ceremony in front of O'Neil in 2010

Comment

I think it was the 2008 celebration in Conte where Gene was looking down at his shoes the entire time.

As for the loss to CC, hey, it happens to even the best. Every program will have a game like that if you're in the dance long enough. It was our time I suppose. That team was better/more talented than 2008 and 2010...sometimes you just never know. Just make the tourney and hope you earn a good seed/placement.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              As for the loss to CC, hey, it happens to even the best. Every program will have a game like that if you're in the dance long enough. It was our time I suppose.
                              As a witness to the 2008 North Dakota - BC debacle I will agree with that.

Also, I thought I would post here that Boston College was this week's College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html

The Eagles beat out Michigan (who swept Northern Michigan) and Union (who beat Princeton and Quinnipiac) for the honor.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The thing I like about this year's team is the 4th line. I know it's three freshmen, but they know they are not scorers. It reminds me of 2010 (Matt Price, Matt Lombardi and Barry Almeida), along with 2008 (Pat Gannon, Matt Greene, Andrew Orpik, Kyle Kucharski). It was something that last year's team didn't have (in my opinion). I guess one difference is those 4th line guys had a decent amount of points, compared to Quinn Smith, Danny Linell and Destry Straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X