Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a change at UVM

Originally posted by olive.juice View Post
    Curious. I hear---or see---or hear--that Mr. Bothwell is not practicing with the team or not on campus. I know it is exam and holiday time but teams still practice don't they?--at least the competitive ones--however there is no sign of him. Curious.
    Ah, they have this thing called recruiting. It is where coaches go out and watch prospective players, recruit prospective players, and meet with prospective players and parents to secure a commitment. It usually requires a trip away from campus. dumbass

Comment

I hear---or see---or hear--that .....
      You on the Juice again? Maybe your either Hearing or Seeing too much. Check that. You are speculating too much. .

Coaches use the break to recruit. For many teams there are what they call O-Practices during the exam periods. Optional Practices or Open Ice. Coaches are not always present for those, and as ARM indicated, there are also regulations, both School and NCAA wise limiting activities during these periods. Many teams re-start with formal practices shortly after Christmas. Last year one of my D had to be back on Dec 26th, this year they start back up on the 28th. Schedules vary from school to school. For example Princeton has exams in January. Colgate has not played in the last three weeks.

Comment

Curious. I hear---or see---or hear--that Mr. Bothwell is not practicing with the team or not on campus. I know it is exam and holiday time but teams still practice don't they?--at least the competitive ones--however there is no sign of him. Curious.
        Most of the HockeyEast teams are in finals over these few weeks. That is why games ended last weekend. This week is most likely the reading period and the players should be using this time to study for exams. Providence never has any type of practice during this period.

Also, the second half of the season is twice as hard as the first half so coaches, if they are smart, give the players a break (for mental health and to heal)

Stop trying to turn everything into a conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Ah, they have this thing called recruiting. It is where coaches go out and watch prospective players, recruit prospective players, and meet with prospective players and parents to secure a commitment. It usually requires a trip away from campus. dumbass
          Hux. Not very nice. I have been around too long to know what recruiting is and what exactly happens during this time. I may be closer to this issue than you know or maybe even care. Maybe I was recruited, maybe not. Maybe I am on the team or was on the team, maybe not. Maybe I am a parent, maybe not. Maybe I am staff, maybe not. But it does not matter. Every year since he has been coach, Mr. Bothwell remains with the team right up until break, but not this particular year for whatever reason. Gilligan and Kimball are the prime recruiters. Bothwell has the final say however, he typically is ALLWAYS with the team. But not this year. All I am saying that this is curious. I speculate that some heat is being applied or being felt by the coach and he is not with the team for some curious reason.

This is not about a conviction. Trust me, numerous attempts have been made to the AD and the administration to make them aware of the problems and issues with this program and it falls on deaf ears. For almost 7 years now. When will they SEE and understand that the results are not worth the investment? The coach for over 6 years with 4 full recruiting classes under his belt, girls leaving every year, an average of 7 wins per year and, well where should I stop(?) is the one who is not being held accountable and he is just not cutting it. Period. What else might people out there suggest we do to bring this to an end?

Comment

Hux. Not very nice. I have been around too long to know what recruiting is and what exactly happens during this time. I may be closer to this issue than you know or maybe even care. Maybe I was recruited, maybe not. Maybe I am on the team or was on the team, maybe not. Maybe I am a parent, maybe not. Maybe I am staff, maybe not. But it does not matter. Every year since he has been coach, Mr. Bothwell remains with the team right up until break, but not this particular year for whatever reason. Gilligan and Kimball are the prime recruiters. Bothwell has the final say however, he typically is ALLWAYS with the team. But not this year. All I am saying that this is curious. I speculate that some heat is being applied or being felt by the coach and he is not with the team for some curious reason.

This is not about a conviction. Trust me, numerous attempts have been made to the AD and the administration to make them aware of the problems and issues with this program and it falls on deaf ears. For almost 7 years now. When will they SEE and understand that the results are not worth the investment? The coach for over 6 years with 4 full recruiting classes under his belt, girls leaving every year, an average of 7 wins per year and, well where should I stop(?) is the one who is not being held accountable and he is just not cutting it. Period. What else might people out there suggest we do to bring this to an end?
            Hmmm. Maybe a dumbass...maybe not?

Comment

should i stop(?)
              Yes. !

Comment

Did you spot Bothwell on the "Grassy Knoll"? Maybe there was second shooter..........

Comment

Why is it so hard for everyone to believe what OJ is saying. What OJ is saying may or may not be personal but i again will say, it is very factual. Again if this were the coach of the Men's team and not a friend of the AD they would be gone. This is not speculation but merely facts. To put to rest why Bothwell is not with the team, he supposedly threw out his back in practice and is getting it taken care of.

OJ I agree with everything you say except that he has had 4 full years of recruiting. This is his 6th year so I believe it to be 5 full recruiting classes. The four that are there now and last years graduating class was his first full recruited class. Again interesting to note he only has 2 Srs and 2 Jrs left. It will be interesting to see how many of the 17 Fresh and Sophs will be there in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    Yes. !
                    Nice OnMAA, but you did not answer the question. It was "where" should I stop. It is clear that there are not many answers (or solutions) for the facts that have been posted for over a month now. Several attempts to get off point of the orig. posting still brings us back to where we started yet no answers, just some cute attempts to mask the problems. Well, it is a new year and I pledge not to stop until he is gone. New Year's resolution. New Years theoretically should bring some positive energy to the issues however lets all be honest, this program is not going to be successful as long as he is coaching there. Period. It will only be a matter of time that the same facts will be restated here. Does anyone out there have some realistic answers or reasons to suggest that if this team only wins 7 or 8 games that he should remain? We'll see.

Beentheredonethat, thanks for the correction. It sickens me.

Comment

Nice OnMAA, but you did not answer the question. It was "where" should I stop. It is clear that there are not many answers (or solutions) for the facts that have been posted for over a month now. Several attempts to get off point of the orig. posting still brings us back to where we started yet no answers, just some cute attempts to mask the problems. Well, it is a new year and I pledge not to stop until he is gone. New Year's resolution. New Years theoretically should bring some positive energy to the issues however lets all be honest, this program is not going to be successful as long as he is coaching there. Period. It will only be a matter of time that the same facts will be restated here. Does anyone out there have some realistic answers or reasons to suggest that if this team only wins 7 or 8 games that he should remain? We'll see.

Beentheredonethat, thanks for the correction. It sickens me.

I spoke to one of the players a week or so ago, and she was looking forward to getting back with the team and back on the ice, which they did Dec. 28. She did not allude to any problems with or on the team. She did say that the coach you've put on the chopping block is having some severe back problems, which are the reason for his absence, but the worst thing she said is that she thinks he's a good coach and hopes he's better soon, but that they would give it their best with or without him.
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

In response to DC 78-82 posting on the player who is glad to be back. My guess is this is a full scholarship Freshman who has not yet seen the light. If so, go back and ask her how she feels at the end of the season or at the end of next year. I would guess to say her answer will be much different. I too have spoken to players and this is not even close to the responses I have been getting. Things are not as rosey as this player is making them out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
                          In response to DC 78-82 posting on the player who is glad to be back. My guess is this is a full scholarship Freshman who has not yet seen the light. If so, go back and ask her how she feels at the end of the season or at the end of next year. I would guess to say her answer will be much different. I too have spoken to players and this is not even close to the responses I have been getting. Things are not as rosey as this player is making them out to be.
                          Well things never will be "as rosey as this player is making them out to be" if yours is the prevailing attitude. If these disgruntled players think that their coach, or hockey experience is the worst they'll ever have, their futures are indeed bleak, on the ice and in the real world. The past two recruiting classes have been strong, and next year's seems to be as well. If the "full scholarship Freshman who has not yet seen the light" expects the light to be turned on, and held for her, and to never falter in four years of school and hockey, IMHO that's a character flaw, and no winning percentage or coach can cure that.

The upperclassmen have seen a lot of improvement in talent and ability at UVM during their years regardless of what they think of their coaches. I have no knowledge of how they lead the team, but if it's not in a positive manner despite adversity, then they are a part of the problem instead of the solution.

Again, I have not heard anything that suggests the team is disillusioned, but regardless of whether the team is happy or not, why should anyone outside the program be the one to plant that seed?
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                            ... but regardless of whether the team is happy or not, why should anyone outside the program be the one to plant that seed?
                            I consider anyone from the "Inside" planting those seeds many times more evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
                              Yeah, yeah, we get it. Your Little Janey upperclassmen has been sitting on the bench, not getting the playing time she once did thanks to all those more talented frosh. Now you, not her, are *****in about the coach, and this and that. Get over it. Move on.

Comment

Doesn't anyone get it?

USCHO Fan Forum - Ultimate Source to get Coaches the Hell Out

Posters are 3 for 3. Seems to me that if you want someone out...this is the place to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X