Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for a change at UVM

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
    There might be be one out there that hasnt been fired for sexting their players
    Thats a pretty serious accusation. Im assuming you know something the rest of us dont?

Comment

Originally posted by bas3ball3r09 View Post
      Thats a pretty serious accusation. Im assuming you know something the rest of us dont?
      Might want to do some googling. It's pretty widely known.

Comment

Brooky? New job opp?

Comment

imo,the biggest blow in all this is the potential loss of grant kimball.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
            imo,the biggest blow in all this is the potential loss of grant kimball.
            I hope they give Grant the program, assuming he would want it. He is certainly one of the top assistants in the game, and has been for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
              I hope they give Grant the program, assuming he would want it. He is certainly one of the top assistants in the game, and has been for a while.
              He would be a good candidate. I have also heard the name of the Norwich coach named more than a few times. Personally the little I know about UVM makes me think that they would prefer a woman.

Comment

I'd love to see Kimball get the job too...but the problem with handing the program over to Kimball or Gilligan is that even if the players "liked" those guys more than they liked Bothwell, they will still unfairly equate those guys with their former head coach and not get the fresh start that they probably need to now just get this entire situation behind them and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                  Might want to do some googling. It's pretty widely known.
                  It was probably the hottest topic on these boards about 4 or 5 years ago, when this scandal broke. I suspect that the original OP brought this up with a touch of sarcasm. Either way, I'm sure there are lots of good candidates available, whether they be current assistants or D3 head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                    He would be a good candidate. I have also heard the name of the Norwich coach named more than a few times. Personally the little I know about UVM makes me think that they would prefer a woman.
                    I heard the same thing about the Norwich coach, Mark Bolding.....I have to tell you I think he would do a great job there. Talk to those who have played for him and you will get rave reviews.....the guy took a new team and in 5 years has won a NCAA National Championship....been runner up 1 time and to the NCAA's playoff round 3 or 4 times..........I think he would get results rather quickly and surprise a lot of people....D3 or not the guy can coach

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                      I heard the same thing about the Norwich coach, Mark Bolding.....I have to tell you I think he would do a great job there. Talk to those who have played for him and you will get rave reviews.....the guy took a new team and in 5 years has won a NCAA National Championship....been runner up 1 time and to the NCAA's playoff round 3 or 4 times..........I think he would get results rather quickly and surprise a lot of people....D3 or not the guy can coach
                      I've heard good things about him too and he is just down the road from Burlington so it would seem like a natural progression. Whoever UVM chooses I hope it is someone with a good track record. I would guess that this rather public fight has taken its toll on the players and parents of players. The team needs some stability.
                      Last edited by SlewFoot; 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

grant kimball is one of the few honest coaches in womans hockey. he wrote my daughter one of the nicest letters ive ever read. it was in depth and careing letters ive ever read this is the kind of coach parents want to coach there kids hes a great role model for players and coaches to bad we cant clone him

Comment

Not for nothing, I would like to see a women get the job....we all know great coaches, regardless of gender but since all of us here are strong believers in the power of women, and since no women coach a men's team, let's have women get the job when they have the opportunity.....

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            Not for nothing, I would like to see a women get the job....we all know great coaches, regardless of gender but since all of us here are strong believers in the power of women, and since no women coach a men's team, let's have women get the job when they have the opportunity.....
                            Ugh. Let's just worry about getting a good coach. There are so few of them...don't complicate it by trying to limit it to women. Besides, most girls I know would much prefer a male coach, so being a woman creates another potential recruiting obstacle, particularly if there are not strong male assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                              Ugh. Let's just worry about getting a good coach.
                              Agree with that ...

Besides, most girls I know would much prefer a male coach, so being a woman creates another potential recruiting obstacle, particularly if there are not strong male assistants.
                              ... but that's a pretty sexist position. Sports can be very empowering for young women, but it can undermine the experience if they are being taught that when it comes to authority positions, then it is better to have males.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Ugh. Let's just worry about getting a good coach. There are so few of them...don't complicate it by trying to limit it to women. Besides, most girls I know would much prefer a male coach, so being a woman creates another potential recruiting obstacle, particularly if there are not strong male assistants.
                                Wow. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Trillium is not a young female progressive. I'm also going to guess he posts on this topic again and digs the hole a little deeper. I just hope someday a head female hockey coach can win a national championship and prove him(?) wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X