Time for a change at UVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mainiac View Post
    Okay so now that Coach Bolding is the 3 time consecutive D3 Coach of The Year...and has taken his team to the NCAA D3 National Finals the last 3 years (winning one, not bad for a 6 year old team), does anyone else think that maybe, just maybe this will get him at least a sniff at the UVM position. I mean he is in their own back yard? I gotta tell you if they do not have this guy as at least a finalist on a short list.....they may be a bit dumber then I thought.
    Program is 5 years old. Not 6.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Time for a change at UVM

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Program is 5 years old. Not 6.
      Okay Derek....then seeing as how I now know that someone with some NU background is out on this thread....what is your feeling on Coach Bolding and the UVM job?

And don't take the high road out of the question.....you are around those guys enough to have a bit of insight on this matter

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
        Okay Derek....then seeing as how I now know that someone with some NU background is out on this thread....what is your feeling on Coach Bolding and the UVM job?

And don't take the high road out of the question.....you are around those guys enough to have a bit of insight on this matter
        I know absolutely nothing. God's honest truth.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I know absolutely nothing. God's honest truth.
          UVM would be foolish not to look at him...But, he might be just as foolish if he took it!

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
            UVM would be foolish not to look at him...But, he might be just as foolish if he took it!
            I, for one, hope he stays exactly where he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagletrack View Post
              I, for one, hope he stays exactly where he is!
              Anything happening with this position?? I would think they may want to get someone in there sooner rather then later......anyone know if the interviews have even started and if so who may be in the running? Did Coach Bolding throw his hat into the ring or did he decide to stay put? I still maintain he would be a great fit at UVM.....I think he brings exactly what they need to the table. The players I talk to , past & present, tell me he is a players coach but leaves no doubt who runs the ship and that he is a great communicator....

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                Anything happening with this position?? I would think they may want to get someone in there sooner rather then later......anyone know if the interviews have even started and if so who may be in the running? Did Coach Bolding throw his hat into the ring or did he decide to stay put? I still maintain he would be a great fit at UVM.....I think he brings exactly what they need to the table. The players I talk to , past & present, tell me he is a players coach but leaves no doubt who runs the ship and that he is a great communicator....
                Well, from what I have heard there were some four dozen hats thrown into the ring...and the field has been narrowed to a handful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  Well, from what I have heard there were some four dozen hats thrown into the ring...and the field has been narrowed to a handful.
                  You'll get that for any full time college coaching job. Of those four dozen, I bet only 10 are serious candidates. The others probably have no real coaching back ground in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                    You'll get that for any full time college coaching job. Of those four dozen, I bet only 10 are serious candidates. The others probably have no real coaching back ground in hockey.
                    Well, as I understand it, all were qualified coaches with hockey experience.

Comment

Looks like on NCAA Market there is no longer a posting of UVM head coaching position, wonder if we are close to an announcement....

Comment

Word out of Maine is that UVM will be speaking to Maria Lewis about the Coaching job...thats as of Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Word out of Maine is that UVM will be speaking to Maria Lewis about the Coaching job...thats as of Friday.
                          If this is true then curious as to what would attract a current Hockey East coach to look at the UVM job. The program is improving at Maine and the school has a rich hockey background. The UVM situation is a bit of an unknown for anyone stepping in. Would there be a contract $ differential?

Comment

• Originally posted by puckskillz View Post
                            If this is true then curious as to what would attract a current Hockey East coach to look at the UVM job. The program is improving at Maine and the school has a rich hockey background. The UVM situation is a bit of an unknown for anyone stepping in. Would there be a contract $ differential?
                            HC at uvm and most other hockey east programs makea more than the entire maine staff

Comment

Word out of Burlington is that the field is down to a final five that will be interviewed next week.
                              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by puckskillz View Post
                                "YES" on the money side...the Vermont Assistant Coaches make more then Lewis($45 grand @ Maine)...plus concerns that the University is not putting there best foot forward in pay/equipment....while granted UVM is new...they have come out and put the word out they they are very serious in their Program,sadly at Maine Lewis has a done a great job...and the AD wants her to stay but he had granted that she can talk to UVM because of her hard work....it would be a big lost at Maine and put the Program backwards mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X