View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

12 44.44%
  • Go

15 55.56%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change at UVM

Re: Time for a change at UVM

Quote Originally Posted by Eagletrack View Post
    I, for one, hope he stays exactly where he is!
    Anything happening with this position?? I would think they may want to get someone in there sooner rather then later......anyone know if the interviews have even started and if so who may be in the running? Did Coach Bolding throw his hat into the ring or did he decide to stay put? I still maintain he would be a great fit at UVM.....I think he brings exactly what they need to the table. The players I talk to , past & present, tell me he is a players coach but leaves no doubt who runs the ship and that he is a great communicator....

Alfond to Ridder & rinks in between Hux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    Anything happening with this position?? I would think they may want to get someone in there sooner rather then later......anyone know if the interviews have even started and if so who may be in the running? Did Coach Bolding throw his hat into the ring or did he decide to stay put? I still maintain he would be a great fit at UVM.....I think he brings exactly what they need to the table. The players I talk to , past & present, tell me he is a players coach but leaves no doubt who runs the ship and that he is a great communicator....
    Well, from what I have heard there were some four dozen hats thrown into the ring...and the field has been narrowed to a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    Well, from what I have heard there were some four dozen hats thrown into the ring...and the field has been narrowed to a handful.
    You'll get that for any full time college coaching job. Of those four dozen, I bet only 10 are serious candidates. The others probably have no real coaching back ground in hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by 123kidd View Post
    You'll get that for any full time college coaching job. Of those four dozen, I bet only 10 are serious candidates. The others probably have no real coaching back ground in hockey.
    Well, as I understand it, all were qualified coaches with hockey experience.

Looks like on NCAA Market there is no longer a posting of UVM head coaching position, wonder if we are close to an announcement....

Word out of Maine is that UVM will be speaking to Maria Lewis about the Coaching job...thats as of Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Word out of Maine is that UVM will be speaking to Maria Lewis about the Coaching job...thats as of Friday.
    If this is true then curious as to what would attract a current Hockey East coach to look at the UVM job. The program is improving at Maine and the school has a rich hockey background. The UVM situation is a bit of an unknown for anyone stepping in. Would there be a contract $ differential?

Quote Originally Posted by puckskillz View Post
    If this is true then curious as to what would attract a current Hockey East coach to look at the UVM job. The program is improving at Maine and the school has a rich hockey background. The UVM situation is a bit of an unknown for anyone stepping in. Would there be a contract $ differential?
    HC at uvm and most other hockey east programs makea more than the entire maine staff

Shoot the Puck :)

Word out of Burlington is that the field is down to a final five that will be interviewed next week.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by puckskillz View Post
    "YES" on the money side...the Vermont Assistant Coaches make more then Lewis($45 grand @ Maine)...plus concerns that the University is not putting there best foot forward in pay/equipment....while granted UVM is new...they have come out and put the word out they they are very serious in their Program,sadly at Maine Lewis has a done a great job...and the AD wants her to stay but he had granted that she can talk to UVM because of her hard work....it would be a big lost at Maine and put the Program backwards mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    "YES" on the money side...the Vermont Assistant Coaches make more then Lewis($45 grand @ Maine)...plus concerns that the University is not putting there best foot forward in pay/equipment....while granted UVM is new...they have come out and put the word out they they are very serious in their Program,sadly at Maine Lewis has a done a great job...and the AD wants her to stay but he had granted that she can talk to UVM because of her hard work....it would be a big lost at Maine and put the Program backwards mode.
    Let's hope that Maine isn't the next Niagra/Wayne State. http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/1...ns-hockey-job/
    Last edited by SlewFoot; 04-16-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Wow, that article makes it sound like Maine's program is on shaky ground. Surprised that the local paper would cast the University in such negative way ... altho good to tell the truth.... but gotta hurt recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by NPEfan View Post
    Wow, that article makes it sound like Maine's program is on shaky ground. Surprised that the local paper would cast the University in such negative way ... altho good to tell the truth.... but gotta hurt recruiting.
    That's a great article expressing commitment needed by the University. I wish someone had information to have written a piece on Niagara like that before its demise. At least the Alumni and Community or now aware. I certainly hope this doesn't happen to Maine!

It's no secret to anyone that follows the program that Maine is on the ultimate shoe-string budget. They were one of the last schools to get a 2nd full-time assistant, and to this day probably pay all of three of their coaches the lowest salary among their peers in the entire sport...low enough that as I said before most if not all head coaches in Hockey East make more than all 3 Maine coaches combined. For a couple seasons they were able to take a single flying trip a year but they have not done so over the last two seasons...combine that with the fact they actually cancelled a trip out west at the 11th hour of Lewis' first year shows that the admin has probably told them they can't take those trips anymore.

Certainly easy to understand why they are having trouble filling their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by WIrinkrat View Post
    For a couple seasons they were able to take a single flying trip a year but they have not done so over the last two seasons...combine that with the fact they actually cancelled a trip out west at the 11th hour of Lewis' first year shows that the admin has probably told them they can't take those trips anymore.
    That wasn't a school decision. Lewis cancelled the trip so the program could use that travel expense towards upgrades for the program right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    That wasn't a school decision. Lewis cancelled the trip so the program could use that travel expense towards upgrades for the program right off the bat.
    Regardless, that is the point. That's not a choice the coach of a D1 hockey program should have to make.

Regardless, that is the point. That's not a choice the coach of a D1 hockey program should have to make.
    Okay so we know that the Maine Coach is in the running....do we know any of the others and how many there are???

Got to imagine Kimball is in the mix somewhere.

Vort Doen.....Heija Heija Heija OnMAA's Avatar

I would think that all D1 coaches are required to manage within a budget, and to also help with fundraising for the sport. I'm convinced this is not unique to Maine.

Vort Doen.....Heija Heija Heija OnMAA's Avatar

Got to imagine Kimball is in the mix somewhere.
    The interesting connection there is that both were at UND in the recent past. Don't recall if it was at the same time.

Thread Information