X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Originally posted by duper View Post
    I just noticed that Gavin Morgan is an assistant coach at Huntsville. Interesting.
    He's been there for at least two seasons now. My favorite Gavin Morgan moment was when he baited former cc player Aaron Karpan, thinking Gavin wanted to fight him, into getting a major for fighting without an accompanying major on Gavin. Karpan threw his gloves 10 feet in the air, got ready to fight, however Gavin skated away chuckling while Karpan looked around confused...then was led to the door. If you drop your gloves with the intention of fighting, even if no punches are thrown, it's the same as if you brawled someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      He's been there for at least two seasons now. My favorite Gavin Morgan moment was when he baited former cc player Aaron Karpan, thinking Gavin wanted to fight him, into getting a major for fighting without an accompanying major on Gavin. Karpan threw his gloves 10 feet in the air, got ready to fight, however Gavin skated away chuckling while Karpan looked around confused...then was led to the door. If you drop your gloves with the intention of fighting, even if no punches are thrown, it's the same as if you brawled someone.
      I would like to have seen that.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Nice win by you guys tonight, but we need one more outta you tomorrow.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Nice win by you guys tonight, but we need one more outta you tomorrow.
          We will let the team know you approve and win one for Euro.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            We will let the team know you approve and win one for Euro.
            I'm sure the Finn would love the battlecry "Win one for Euro!"

Why'd he get the start over Brittain?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Goal Highlights from Friday night.
              http://omavs.com/news/2012/3/2/MHOCK...x?path=mhockey

Jussi played well against the sioux last Saturday and seemingly earned the start, but only Gwoz knows who will start Saturday.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Denver stays at #13 in PWR as UNO drops out of the TUC. Good win by BSU last night to stay a TUC.
                Last edited by du78; 03-03-2012, 06:28 AM.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Another 20 win season for the Pios!!!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Knowlton did not play in the 3rd last night. Missed the post game. Any comment from Gwoz?
                    Will the Mermis be unleashed tonight?
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

It seems now like there may be a decent chance that we play Wisconsin next week. It is plenty conceivable that Bemidji completes the sweep of Anchorage tonight, and I have to think that Minnesota has enough pride not to lay down and get swept by Wisconsin. Very curious to see how tonight's games come out.

Comment

Michigan Tech fans have not said many nice things about DU this season and that is putting it mildly. However after last night's game against the tiggies, this from tech fan, bigblue_dl;
                        They're CC fans, they never had credibility. How can anyone have respect for DU's pathetic lap dog?
                        Don't you love it?!
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Why'd he get the start over Brittain?
                          He's just playing better. Lame answer, but that's what it is.

Nice win last night. Certainly not perfect--a couple of defensive lapses which should have led to a goal or two by UNO. But otherwise, a solid, solid 60 minute performance, and Jussi was excellent in the net. Good game by Mayfield, and Paul Phillips is quietly racking up some solid games.

Zucker and D. Shore played well. I'd really like to see them elevate their games and carry the team to a sweep tonight.

My fears about the PWR came true a bit (falling with a win), but I hope that things "come out in the wash" if we win tonight.

I predict a better effort by UNO tonight, and 2-2 tie.

Someone mentioned the game is on America One? I have no idea what that is. Cable channel?

Comment

Jussi has maybe been the best emergency pick up in the history of DU hockey. Seriously. And I'm thinking we've been expecting too much from Sammy. Surgery. Rehab. Adhesions (maybe). Timing. Conditioning. Flexibility. These are all matters which potentially could be affecting his play. He's been playing well. Just not the door slammer we remember from last year. I deranged a MCL (no surgery) and it took me months to get back into "lounging on the couch watching the NFL" shape. I'm guessing an elite player, for whom timing is absolutely imperative, may take a while to get back into his best shape.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                              He's just playing better. Lame answer, but that's what it is.

Nice win last night. Certainly not perfect--a couple of defensive lapses which should have led to a goal or two by UNO. But otherwise, a solid, solid 60 minute performance, and Jussi was excellent in the net. Good game by Mayfield, and Paul Phillips is quietly racking up some solid games.

Zucker and D. Shore played well. I'd really like to see them elevate their games and carry the team to a sweep tonight.

My fears about the PWR came true a bit (falling with a win), but I hope that things "come out in the wash" if we win tonight.

I predict a better effort by UNO tonight, and 2-2 tie.

Someone mentioned the game is on America One? I have no idea what that is. Cable channel?
                              That's a good enough answer for me, I just assumed that Brittain got the start every Friday.

Comment

The Mermis is Unleashed for tonight's game.

Think you can get America One on UNO's website for around $8.00 Single event available 10-15 min. before game time.
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 03-03-2012, 05:53 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X