• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Successful Senior Night!
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Great win tonight, Denver!

Comment

Tabrum broke his stick over his knee as it went off the ice after being tossed for the hit from behind. No lack of emotion out there tonight! Both Pios and girls sitting on the bubble.
        Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-26-2012, 12:21 AM.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

bump
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

The passion was dialed up to 10 by simmering bile, wild momentum shifts and a general lack of control by referees whose talents might be better suited to serving as hall monitors at an elementary school.
            Read more: Kiszla: DU Pioneers get even with old rival North Dakota - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz1nVj7483l

Great write by Kiszla.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Saturday was a great day for DU Athletics.
              Pio Hockey beats the sioux.
              Men's Lacrosse buries Michigan
              Gymnasts win their 1st WAC meet.

And Men and Women win SBC Swimming and Diving Championships

Lacrosse and Men's and Women's Hoops on the calendar today.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Saturday was a great day for DU Athletics.
                Pio Hockey beats the sioux.
                Men's Lacrosse buries Michigan
                Gymnasts win their 1st WAC meet.

And Men and Women win SBC Swimming and Diving Championships

Lacrosse and Men's and Women's Hoops on the calendar today.
                Well done all around, for sure. And I have my tickets for game 2 of the first round series, so I'm in good shape.

Comment

Is there any chance coach Carle will be returning to Denver next year? As in, a paid coach? I absolutely expect he'll be working in hockey - somewhere after he graduates, and will have a very long career in the game; be it coaching, scouting, front office, etc. His story - and especially his pre-collegiate playing career ......is really cool, and being a DU fan and follower of the Carle family has been great. Best of luck to him!
                  I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Sweep for the weekend!
                    Men's lacrosse wins big
                    Men's and Women's hoops are both winners over North Texas
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Any word on Bennett and Makowski? Hope they're back in action this weekend... we need you guys to win the Omaha series... may need you to sweep.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Any word on Bennett and Makowski? Hope they're back in action this weekend... we need you guys to win the Omaha series... may need you to sweep.
                        Think I heard over the weekend that they were both 50-50. Should hear more at the Tuesday presser--Noon mountain time.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

John Lee's brother Brian traded by Ottawa to Tampa Bay.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Well done all around, for sure. And I have my tickets for game 2 of the first round series, so I'm in good shape.
                            Me too! I look foward to either Bemidji or Wisconsin.... I didn't get a chance to see Bemidji when they were in town last time. Does anyone know if there is a chance the Friday night game will be televised?
                            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

I'm pretty curious how this weekend will go, as in how the DU team will approach it. Two total points either earned by DU or given away by North Dakota give DU third seed, with 2nd seed impossible (falling back as far as 5th also impossible), while UNO is fighting for home ice in the first round; one could certainly argue that UNO has more to play for. Still, I would hope to see DU come out fighting, because with DU's only really consistent trait this year being inconsistency, it sure would be nice to use last Saturday night to catapult a nice, oh I don't know, 12 game winning streak (I think I added that up correctly).
                              Last edited by duper; 02-27-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Any PWR prognostications? DU is on the bubble being tied for 11th, and UNO doesn't look like a "high quality" opponent for (PWR purposes) at 29. Wondering what will happen if we get out of Omaha with 3 points or better--would it raise DU a spot or two in the PWR...would we fall...or remain on the bubble? I'm sure there are a ton of variables.

I also don't recall what the TUC factor involves. If we have a successful weekend at UNO, could it hurt UNO's PWR to the point where UNO would no longer be a TUC, thereby hurting DU's PWR ranking?

Comment

Working...
                                X