X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    This was just posted on Twitter, no surprise.
    This is awesome news! Congrats to Zucker on a job well done! We are looking at around 10 to 12 games left in his college career. Good luck Jason!
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      This is awesome news! Congrats to Zucker on a job well done! We are looking at around 10 to 12 games left in his college career. Good luck Jason!
      Goph fans don't want to see JZ next year in the WCHA last hurrah. He should hang around for another year just to p*ss them off.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Goph fans don't want to see JZ next year in the WCHA last hurrah. He should hang around for another year just to p*ss them off.
        Anyway, just because a tweet states that a GM would like to sign him after the season doesn't inherently mean that he will sign even though the minisoda goof-off fans read it that way. I'm not saying he won't sign but it's not like a tweet stating a desire is proof-positive that it will happen.

Also, congrats to Scott Mayfield on deserved recognition! He was extremely solid this weekend and has become the stud he was expected to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Anyway, just because a tweet states that a GM would like to sign him after the season doesn't inherently mean that he will sign even though the minisoda goof-off fans read it that way. I'm not saying he won't sign but it's not like a tweet stating a desire is proof-positive that it will happen.

Also, congrats to Scott Mayfield on deserved recognition! He was extremely solid this weekend and has become the stud he was expected to be.
          I agree on both counts:

A- how credible is the source?
          B- does he want to go at this point? (wishful thinking)

As for Mayfield, he is a presence out there, that's for sure. I think our defense has really come together. Look at how many studs we have back there, LaLeggia, Philips, Ryder, Mayfield, Didier, wow! Imagine when we get Makowski back.

Speaking od Dmen, whatever became of William Wrenn?, we would still have him if he hadn't bolted right?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
            I agree on both counts:

A- how credible is the source?
            B- does he want to go at this point? (wishful thinking)

As for Mayfield, he is a presence out there, that's for sure. I think our defense has really come together. Look at how many studs we have back there, LaLeggia, Philips, Ryder, Mayfield, Didier, wow! Imagine when we get Makowski back.

Speaking od Dmen, whatever became of William Wrenn?, we would still have him if he hadn't bolted right?
            A - The GM Cliff Fletcher said it on the radio in Minny yesterday.

B - That will be up to Jay Z, his family and family representative. Obviously it is pretty clear what the Wild's intentions are.

William Wrenn is Captain of the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL and was Co-Defensive Player of the Year for them last season. He would have been a junior at DU this season.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

A - The GM Cliff Fletcher said it on the radio in Minny yesterday.

B - That will be up to Jay Z, his family and family representative. Obviously it is pretty clear what the Wild's intentions are.

William Wrenn is Captain of the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL and was Co-Defensive Player of the Year for them last season. He would have been a junior at DU this season.
              All JZ needs to do is play his best, do his job, this year. The rest will happen when it happens.

Nick Shore's 3 points on Saturday, including 2 very big goals, and Joey LaLeggia's 4 assists on the weekend earned them nominations for WCHA honors.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                If Wrenn had stayed at DU, Joey LaLeggia would be a Freshman at the University of New Hampshire.

Who'd you rather have?

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  If Wrenn had stayed at DU, Joey LaLeggia would be a Freshman at the University of New Hampshire.

Who'd you rather have?
                  Welcome to Denver, Joey!

(But Wrenn is a real cutie)
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 02-15-2012, 02:28 PM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Welcome to Denver, Joey!

(But Wrenn is a real cutie)
                    That font was way too big.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Chambers video interview with Jay Z today.

Link to full story in Denver Post

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...nterview/9650/

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Wins will not hurt DU in the PWR but losses will. DU controls their own destiny. If they keep on winning only good things can happen. DU does not have to worry about what other teams do, all they need to do is take care of business and the boys are in the big dance.[/URL]
                        Ok, but we could sweep and still drop in the pairwise, right? Theoretically possible? I seem to recall some times when DU won and still dropped. That could have been in part because of other teams' rises in the PWR. But I don't think we're guaranteed of staying put or rising in the PWR after this weekend even if we win. PWR gurus correct me if I'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                          Ok, but we could sweep and still drop in the pairwise, right? Theoretically possible? I seem to recall some times when DU won and still dropped. That could have been in part because of other teams' rises in the PWR. But I don't think we're guaranteed of staying put or rising in the PWR after this weekend even if we win. PWR gurus correct me if I'm wrong!
                          Theoretically we could drop but that would also depend upon how the teams around DU did. It would not be a large drop if it did happen. Also as the season gets closer to ending the large swings in PWR don't occur like they do earlier in the season.

Comment

Chambers video interview with Jay Z today.

Link to full story in Denver Post

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...nterview/9650/

Good news. Like I said Friday, that kid is tough as nails. Let's hope Beau returns in top form. And both of 'em can lead us to #8.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottA View Post
                              I got Tampa tix to watch them ?! ...REFUND !
                              What possible reason is there NOT to want to see a Ferris St., Merrimack, Lowell, Union Frozen Four? That would certainly be a once in a lifetime!

Let me rephrase, aside from the absence of DU, what other reason is there? I seriously think that a Frozen Four like that would be awesome.
                              Last edited by duper; 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

This dated 1/14/12, but Ryan Dingle and Lindsay Vonn. Update on Ryan 36 GP 17-11-28.
                                http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/c...ity-of-denver/

Don't think anyone is surprised that the Wild GM plans to go after Zucker when the DU season is over. Most of us thought he would only play for the Pios for 2 years. Three would be a gift, but...why does the GM bring it up now when DU can make a run at the MacNaughton, the Broadmoor. the NCAAs, the Frozen Four and perhaps an 8th banner. Let him keep his mind on the prize at hand.

On the other hand if it makes him play better, score more...who am I to complain
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X