This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

super gritty "f"ing w!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      super gritty "f"ing w!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      What do you really think?
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        What do you really think?
        I'm not going to be able to sleep for hours. That is why I love the game! You hang tough and anything can happen. You could NOT write a better script. The PP sucks all weekend we hang tough, the Gophs run out of fuel we get a call with 3 left and with seconds to go on the PP MR SNAKE BIT gets a beauty of a pass from his BRO and buries it. We go to OT and MR SNAKE BIT picks up a blocked shot and buries it 17 seconds in. SUPER HAPPY FOR NICK!!!! Biggest weekend since I've been a PIO fan (7 years--I know I'm a babe).
        Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-12-2012, 03:00 AM.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          I'm not going to be able to sleep for hours. That is why I love the game! You hang tough and anything can happen. You could NOT write a better script. The PP sucks all weekend we hang tough, the Gophs run out of fuel we get a call with 3 left and with seconds to go on the PP MR SNAKE BITE gets a beauty of a pass from his BRO and buries it. We go to OT and MR SNAKE BITE picks up a blocked shot and buries it 17 seconds in. SUPER HAPPY FOR NICK!!!! Biggest weekend since I've been a PIO fan (7 years--I know I'm a babe).
          It's a big weekend for me, too (and I've been around a tad longer) although I can remember some others. Who knows where this leads, but it'll be fun to find out.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Sweeping Minnestoa a remarkable accomplisment, no doubt. But winning tonight is really special. Gophers, a Saturday team needing to win. Zucker's speed and shot out of the game. DU falls behind by two, ties it. Falls behind by one, ties it. Wins in OT. Serious gutsiness by DU focusing on the game and in refusing to fold against a very good team. Turning point of the season? Maybe. High point of the season? Absolutely.
            I cannot disagree. You guys took that game. With authority.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Joe Howe spreads his legs again and the Beaves SWEEP 57. They FALL to 22nd in the PWR. Can you say GOLD PAN JUSTICE?
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Videos with Nick and Coach as well as game summary up http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

That was the most intense game I have been to in a long time!!! That B.S. no offside call almost cost us the game but our boys pulled it off anyways! What an awesome game!
                  GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Interesting that in the end, the Rau DQ had a big impact on the outcome of last night's game. Missing their number 2 scorer was costly for the Gophs.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

This weekend's video and audio highlights from PioVision

Friday video
                      Friday audio

Saturday video
                      Saturday audio
                      Last edited by Snowdog; 02-13-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Any preliminary word on when Zucker and Bennett should be back in the game?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Any preliminary word on when Zucker and Bennett should be back in the game?
                          Hoping Zucker next weekend. Bennett not due until last of Feb. or beginning of March.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Hoping Zucker next weekend. Bennett not due until last of Feb. or beginning of March.
                            Fark... Alrighty
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Very proud of DU for the great effort this weekend. The Shore brothers were impressive--they never get worked up--never too high, never too low--they just keep plugging away and then come up with some crazy stuff like last night. The Drew to Nick goal to force OT was a thing of beauty. Also LaLeggia--****, that kid is good. He's playing great on the point on the PP--composed, and aggressive at the same time. I can't believe he's a freshman. Could be our best offensive D-man since Matt Carle, and one of the best that I've seen at DU.

I also like the fire in Chris Knowlton's game. The kid plays hard, and his goal was clutch, too.

Great job. Made extra sweet by the fact that Rau likely realizes how he screwed his own team AND ditched his integrity in one fell swoop. Eat it!

Comment

Some random thoughts from the weekend:

1- Wow, wow, wow!!
                                2- What is it with the Rau name and DU?
                                3- I hope Zucker is OK, how scary was that?
                                4- Ultimately, Brittain made the difference. Had he not made some of those clutch saves the outcome could have been very different this weekend
                                5- I can't wait to get Bennett back
                                6- I'm worried about Makowski, what in the world could this "upper body injury" mean?
                                7- Can you believe where we are in the standings and PWR?
                                8- I love how Dewhurst is bringing his A game.
                                9- Knowlton is quietly having himself a great season
                                10 "LackofsuCCess" and "BigBossMan" should get together.
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X