X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Post story up. Love that the third line got the three stars. Dusty had a smile as big as Texas after his goal. Love getting 3 of the 5 goals out of the three line. Sam was solid and will be back tomorrow. Anybody know why Adam didn't dress? Hope beat him out in practice?

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_19942337
    I saw three goalies, didn't look at the numbers, and assumed it was Brittain, Jusse, and Murray. There was talk of a funeral in Anchorage, maybe Murray isn't back yet. Or is back but not in condition to play. I don't quite know why, but that Anchorage-Denver trip was always brutal for me. (Of course, I had to take two flights just to get to Anchorage and then go to Denver, so that probably didn't help.)

Comment

A great win. A huge win. Though, my enthusiasm is a bit tempered by rau's cheap-*** ****. I'm all for tough, hard hitting action but that **** is uncalled for in any way, shape or form. About halfway through the first, rau gave a pretty good shot to Mayfield's back, in front of the DU net. Mayfield turned around, said something, and laughed in his face.

Comment

Was that the 5th straight lost for the Gophs at Magness? I have no memory so it's highly likely I'm completely off base. I also have counting issues.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          A great win. A huge win. Though, my enthusiasm is a bit tempered by rau's cheap-*** ****. I'm all for tough, hard hitting action but that **** is uncalled for in any way, shape or form. About halfway through the first, rau gave a pretty good shot to Mayfield's back, in front of the DU net. Mayfield turned around, said something, and laughed in his face.
          Apart from my anger, frustration and worry about that hit, I found myself thinking of Maggie and what his reaction would have been. For some reason or another, people didn't pull that chit with DU. I can't remember such a flagrant, intentional hit on a Pioneer back in the day. The game has changed, the players are more aggressive and physical. But I'd also like to think the thought of retribution by that big, red head may have had something to do with it.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

After completion of all the games last night DU is T9th (11th) in PWR. Tonight's game is just as important as last night's game for DU in terms of PWR. Gwoz's post-game comments. He really didn't want to speculate on Jay Z's injury who underwent testing last night that will continue today. Here is a tweet from Jay Z as of about 3 hours ago.

Jason Zucker @JasonZucker17
            Thanks for all the wishes everybody. Feeling better as of now, will have an update for you at a later time.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Morning All. From the Star Tribune:

"The Gophers, who are now 7-7 in the first night of two-game sets this year, are 5-0-1 on night two of a series when coming off a loss. The team is 8-7-0 overall on Friday nights this season and 11-2-1 on Saturdays."

The Pios have their work cut out for them tonight. This team has not been the sweeping kind up till now. We could use the momentum in front of the trip to the Kohl Center.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Gophs are 1-5-1 in their last seven at Magness. What time to the line charts usually get posted?
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

DG reports Zucker won't play tonight. Gwoz shuffling 2nd and 4th lines. Dan Olszewski in the lineup replacing Zucker. No word on the severity or nature of Zucker's injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    DG reports Zucker won't play tonight. Gwoz shuffling 2nd and 4th lines. Dan Olszewski in the lineup replacing Zucker.
                    Zucker is out

Link to DU line-up

WCHA Press Release for Rau suspension
                    Last edited by du78; 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      DG reports Zucker won't play tonight. Gwoz shuffling 2nd and 4th lines. Dan Olszewski in the lineup replacing Zucker. No word on the severity or nature of Zucker's injury.
                      No matter the nature or severity, phuck that chit...we (college hockey fans [not necessarily as DU fans]) need to understand this chit is crap and that it has to stop. Some of these reactions we have witnessed since last night far surpass the "UAA fake injury" crap...anywho, GO DU!!!...heading out to Magness to witness a (hopefully) momentous sweep. I wonder if the DU gestapo allows brooms into the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        No matter the nature or severity, phuck that chit...we (college hockey fans [not necessarily as DU fans]) need to understand this chit is crap and that it has to stop. Some of these reactions we have witnessed since last night far surpass the "UAA fake injury" crap...anywho, GO DU!!!...heading out to Magness to witness a (hopefully) momentous sweep. I wonder if the DU gestapo allows brooms into the arena?
                        Think you have to stick the broom down your pants leg. But that is certainly better than a squid.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Think you have to stick the broom down your pants leg. But that is certainly better than a squid.
                          The squid would definitely be a bit more, uh, squishy err slimey or ???

I wholeheartedly approve of either one ...

Comment

I believe someone somewhere implicitly accused Zucker of faking the injury. I think it may have been huskyfan

Comment

Now tied for 7th in the PWR. What a difference 1 weekend makes
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Sweeping Minnestoa a remarkable accomplisment, no doubt. But winning tonight is really special. Gophers, a Saturday team needing to win. Zucker's speed and shot out of the game. DU falls behind by two, ties it. Falls behind by one, ties it. Wins in OT. Serious gutsiness by DU focusing on the game and in refusing to fold against a very good team. Turning point of the season? Maybe. High point of the season? Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X