This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Vote for David Makowski's long distance goal and DU Lacrosse at the Final Four! http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205375363
    GO DU !!!

Comment

First things first, Pios need to power past the gophers this weekend! Not an easy task, but possible/doable.

Here's where it gets dicey for me. I would much prefer to root for UMD over UND. BUT, if the Pios promise to sweep UND in a couple of weeks, I would cheer for the formerly named sioux thus weekend because I think it would help us in the PWR.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Milan Jurcina returning to Isles line-up tonight so Donovan stays in Bridgeport.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          First things first, Pios need to power past the gophers this weekend! Not an easy task, but possible/doable.

Here's where it gets dicey for me. I would much prefer to root for UMD over UND. BUT, if the Pios promise to sweep UND in a couple of weeks, I would cheer for the formerly named sioux thus weekend because I think it would help us in the PWR.
          We all have to make sacrifices with our DU mania.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Don't overcomplicate things. I'm not too bright so I keep it simple. I root for DU. If they win all of their games, they will be national champions regardless of what anyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              Don't overcomplicate things. I'm not too bright so I keep it simple. I root for DU. If they win all of their games, they will be national champions regardless of what anyone else does.
              Works for me!

(We haven't won all our games so far, have to make the NCAA tournament to get that 8th Championship)
              Last edited by vizoroo; 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Under the banner of ALL things DU, has anyone else noted how snake-bit the mens bb team is? What an unlucky record in close games this year.

Comment

I think that, no matter, UND winning this weekend is for the best. If DU can sweep and Bemidji can pull something out against cc, along with UND helping out, DU could slide into 2nd place after this weekend. If DU maintains bubble/off the bubble status, then finishing top 3 in the WCHA is pretty imperative, so DU doesn't have to participate in the play-in game at the 5 and only play two games in an attempt to get the auto bid.

Comment

Blue line frosh:
                    Joey Leggs has gotten off to a fast start and has earned his cred as an offensive D-man. Scott Mayfield got the highest draft position and has the size to play in the NHL although he will need a couple of more years to build up his strength and bulk. Quietly Josiah Didier, I see, earning a tough man rep. Didier could be the one to fill Ryder's role, but with more upside potential.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

It has been mandated to let them be the Fighting Sioux for the time being again, haha I say let them keep the name....
                      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

More coverage on the return of Sam Brittain.
                        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...engagement.php
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          I think that, no matter, UND winning this weekend is for the best. If DU can sweep and Bemidji can pull something out against cc, along with UND helping out, DU could slide into 2nd place after this weekend. If DU maintains bubble/off the bubble status, then finishing top 3 in the WCHA is pretty imperative, so DU doesn't have to participate in the play-in game at the 5 and only play two games in an attempt to get the auto bid.
                          Well, sorta forgot about the WCHA championship being a 6 team affair now (old habits about The 5 die hard ) ...The point is the same, however, in that it's in DU's best interest to not have to play three games in St Paul if their PWR remains questionable.

Comment

The fact that Duke (Duke!) is having problems with student enthusiam for its basketball team makes me appreciate the work DG and many others have done to power up school spirit at DU. It's a work in progress to be sure, but we've come a long way.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/10/sport/...html?hpt=hp_c1
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Great win against the Gophs on Freaky Friday in College Hockey. Tons of big guns fall including 1-4 and the Gold Pan winners (who drop to 18th in the PWR--How sweet is that DU fans?). U Mass Lowell is #1 in the PWR. Anybody have them pegged for #1 two weeks ago?
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Post story up. Love that the third line got the three stars. Dusty had a smile as big as Texas after his goal. Love getting 3 of the 5 goals out of the three line. Sam was solid and will be back tomorrow. Anybody know why Adam didn't dress? Hope beat him out in practice?

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_19942337
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X