X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXII

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
    Saturday was intense with the hitting. Ryder laid some players out like normal and I remember yelling for Scotty to hit somebody and then he took a Badger out. I'm not sure I influenced that but it was awesome!

In addition to all the hard hits the tomfoolery between #18 S. Little and myself Saturday was a blast! (this caused there to be several security guards and Police officers to be in the tunnel for Sunday's game.)

Sunday was more subdued for me but that game winning goal by LLLLLUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEEEE! Was awesome!
    Stuart right? Is he related to Rich?

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      President Obama attending the WKU game today. Would he have attended if we closed out the Sun Belt with a champioship?
      No because DU would of been a #14 seed if they'd won the Sunbelt and wouldn't of played on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        No because DU would of been a #14 seed if they'd won the Sunbelt and wouldn't of played on Tuesday.
        WKU gets to play #! seed Kentucky
        (BYU and Iona are both #14s playing tonite)
        Last edited by vizoroo; 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          WKU gets to play #! seed Kentucky
          (BYU and Iona are both #14s playing tonite)
          Iona coughed up a 25 point lead last night and lost to BYU
          Last edited by du78; 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by JMF View Post
            Stuart right? Is he related to Rich?
            Most definetly. Stuart is the younger and smaller Little brother
            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

DU WCHA Final 5 Playoff Media Guide

http://www.denverpioneers.com//pdf8/832613.pdf

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                I think we're in. The biggest question mark was the W last night. Done! I think the boys may make a run for the trophy. Those three games against Sconie may make us the most prepared team in the country. Nobody had to fight like we did. That's the kind of stuff that gets you ready for one and done hockey. I like the idea of a UND rematch. I can't believe the Pios have exams after those three battles. Losing to Tech and resting doesn't sound like a bad option. Paul and Beau plus anyone else who is banged up would get some extra rest.
                One question coming up: I see Michigan Tech is not a TUC school. If we lose to them, won't our PW rating go way down? A few weeks ago, we beat Tuc school Nebraska-Omaha on Friday. UNO's lose knocked them from being a TUC school on Saturday. We lost to them on Saturday and had a huge PW drop for losing to a non TUC school.
                Maybe ratings are adjusted differently at this time of year. I see Mass-Lowell lost 2 of 3 to non-TUC Providence last weekend and their Pairwise ranking didn't hit the skids.
                Last edited by thedunker; 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

CHN's writers have Drew Shore in their latest list of Hobey finalists.
                  http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...pefuls,_v4.php
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                    One question coming up: I see Michigan Tech is not a TUC school. If we lose to them, won't our PW rating go way down? A few weeks ago, we beat Tuc school Nebraska-Omaha on Friday. UNO's lose knocked them from being a TUC school on Saturday. We lost to them on Saturday and had a huge PW drop for losing to a non TUC school.
                    Maybe ratings are adjusted differently at this time of year. I see Mass-Lowell lost 2 of 3 to non-TUC Providence last weekend and their Pairwise ranking didn't hit the skids.
                    This time of year with 36 games or so under the belt, losing to a non-TUC is not as fatal as losing to a TUC.

Keep in mind that every team except for the five conference champions will end their conference playoff season with a loss, so a loss will enable you to tread ground with the other 53 schools. What separates the top 20 Pairwise schools are their records against TUCs.

If most of the favorites or logical schools win out in the conference playoffs and DU loses to either Tech or UMD they will be around #11-13. However just one extra win against either UND, SCSU or Minnesota in the WCHA Championship game will flip a bunch or comparisons and DU could realistically jump up as high as #3. Is one extra win against teams DU has already beaten worth eight to ten spots in the Pairwise? Common sense says no, but that's they way it works. Wins against TUC's and having teams you've beaten a couple of times remain as TUC's is critically important.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                      Wait. DU lost to UNO recently? I guess Salazar's last minute goal and Doremus' OT goal were just figments of my imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Wait. DU lost to UNO recently? I guess Salazar's last minute goal and Doremus' OT goal were just figments of my imagination?
                        Its been a long season. We're all a little punch drunk.

Comment

Team on the ice @DU_Hockey and pic of the ice @JLeggy21
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            Its been a long season. We're all a little punch drunk.
                            We're just a little bipolar
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

For those who have missed it, or don't care, or are gluttons for punishment: Unless and until the problem with phony identities on the Let's Go DU blog are cleared up--I'm done posting there. And this is the latest tactic of that juvenile CC pr*ck. To my way of thinking, posting under soneone else's screen name is entry level identity theft. And I won't play. I won't spend a big chunk of my time denying or explaining or differentiating or contextualizing my posts from his. I just won't do it. Nor should I have to. He's chosen an insulting avatar to represent me and some of us have congratulated him. Just one problem: he's not me. Perhaps I don't understand that this is the way things are on blogs. Perhaps. But I'm pretty sure if he does that stuff over here, USCHO will bench him. I enjoyed posting on the blog. But the price is now too high.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                For those who have missed it, or don't care, or are gluttons for punishment: Unless and until the problem with phony identities on the Let's Go DU blog are cleared up--I'm done posting there. And this is the latest tactic of that juvenile CC pr*ck. To my way of thinking, posting under soneone else's screen name is entry level identity theft. And I won't play. I won't spend a big chunk of my time denying or explaining or differentiating or contextualizing my posts from his. I just won't do it. Nor should I have to. He's chosen an insulting avatar to represent me and some of us have congratulated him. Just one problem: he's not me. Perhaps I don't understand that this is the way things are on blogs. Perhaps. But I'm pretty sure if he does that stuff over here, USCHO will bench him. I enjoyed posting on the blog. But the price is now too high.
                                I e-mailed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X