D-I Championship Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I Championship Belt

The previous thread, being more than two years old, was likely archived. I don't have the data stored anywhere. Sean, do you?

In any case, the ownership of said belt for this season is:

Wisconsin entered the season with possession of the belt and successfully defended it five times until losing it on
    Oct. 16 to Minnesota. The Gophers defended it three times and lost it on
    Oct. 29 to Bemidji State. The Beavers will make their first defense on Friday in Mankato versus the Mavericks.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: D-I Championship Belt

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    The previous thread, being more than two years old, was likely archived. I don't have the data stored anywhere. Sean, do you?

In any case, the ownership of said belt for this season is:

Wisconsin entered the season with possession of the belt and successfully defended it five times until losing it on
    Oct. 16 to Minnesota. The Gophers defended it three times and lost it on
    Oct. 29 to Bemidji State. The Beavers will make their first defense on Friday in Mankato versus the Mavericks.
    ARM,
    As far as I can tell, USCHO just deleted all threads that were more than 2 years old. If they archived them, they haven't said where they can be found. They even deleted all the threads in the HoF which makes no sense to me at all.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      They even deleted all the threads in the HoF which makes no sense to me at all.
      That is kind of funny, isn't it. We have a forum called the Hall of Fame where we keep old threads worth preserving. But we never add anything to it, and after two years, we delete them. However, it may be a fair commentary on the value of most threads on our beloved forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        That is kind of funny, isn't it. We have a forum called the Hall of Fame where we keep old threads worth preserving. But we never add anything to it, and after two years, we delete them. However, it may be a fair commentary on the value of most threads on our beloved forum.
        I tried to look for it as well to no avail, but during this search ran into several threads that belong in the Hall of Shame.

Comment

In its first defense, Bemidji State lost the belt on
          Nov. 4 to Minnesota State. The Mavericks immediately lost it back on
          Nov. 5 to Bemidji State. After holding it versus Lindenwood, the Beavers lost the belt on
          Nov. 19 to Minnesota-Duluth. Apparently, it was just on loan, because on
          Nov. 20, it returned to BSU.

Comment

Would enjoy to see belt remain firmly affixed to the Beavers following their upcoming series.

Comment

The Beavers are proving to be good for the Belt, as they apparently believe that it should be shared and not hoarded. For the third straight series, BSU loaned the belt to an opponent, only to reclaim it the next day.

Nov. 25, North Dakota took the Belt away in Crookston.
              Nov. 26, Bemidji State decided it looked good in the Sanford Center.

BSU now rests a week, and then the Badgers will have a chance to get it back.

Comment

The Gophers wrested the belt away from the Badgers this past weekend and will be travelling North with it.

The Gopher women need to make sure it has a seat on the ride home!
                Entitled to our piece of the pie!

Comment

As Title_IX_Player says, the Gophers now hold the Belt, but I'm a little behind on transpiring events:

Wisconsin captured the Belt from Bemidji St. on Dec 9 and held it on the tenth. The Badgers retained the Belt through a tie in Minneapolis on Jan 6, but lost it to
                  Minnesota on Jan 7. The Gophers lost the Belt in their next game at
                  Minnesota-Duluth on Jan 13. The Bulldogs were unable to keep the Belt in Duluth as
                  Minnesota claimed it on Jan 14 for the return trip to Minneapolis. The Gophers held it through a win and tie with BSU and will carry it to Mankato for a series with the Mavericks.

Comment

I love the championship belt concept..very entertaining. Just curious, would a team lose the belt with a shoot-out loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      I love the championship belt concept..very entertaining. Just curious, would a team lose the belt with a shoot-out loss?
                      Some people have created an alternate belt that tracks shootouts. My opinion is that because the Championship Belt is a national award, and nationally, shootouts are considered ties, the team that held the Belt before the shootout still owns it after a tie, regardless of any shootout outcome.

Comment

Minnesota retained the Belt in series at Mankato, St. Cloud, and Columbus, but lost it to
                        North Dakota on Feb. 17. The Fighting Sioux were unable to retain it in the rematch, losing it back to
                        Minnesota on Feb. 18. The winner of the Gophers' quarterfinal series with St. Cloud State will carry the Belt to Duluth for the WCHA Final Face-Off.

Comment

Minnesota defended the Belt through a series with St. Cloud State and single games versus North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, and North Dakota again. The Gophers and Cornell will duel for Belt possession on Friday in Duluth.

Comment

Originally posted by arm View Post
                            the gophers and cornell will duel for belt possession on friday in duluth.
                            Don't let cornell have the belt!
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Don't let cornell have the belt!
                              There won't be a shoot-out and I think the belt will be headed East soon!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X