Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-2014 D1 Commitments

Originally posted by Fever View Post
    Yes, I'm certain she is his daughter. She played with shattuck st mary's a few seasons back. Saw her at a showcase in shattuck, very tall and skates like her pops.
    Saw her at the NAHA Labor Day tourney at the beginning of the month. she is indeed a chip off the old block, and a tall one at that!
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

has anyone seen maggie walsh play, apparently she is a very small,quick and smart player
      I thnk she is going to commit to BC
      but that just what i heard

Comment

http://www.dsehc.com/news_article/sh...rrer_id=473626

Comment

So per the link:

Minnesota-Duluth
          Katie McGovern .................F ...................(Dallas Stars Elite) ...............................Scottsdale, AZ
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by bceagles11 View Post
            has anyone seen maggie walsh play, apparently she is a very small,quick and smart player
            I thnk she is going to commit to BC
            but that just what i heard
            Her sister went to BC, which may explain the connection. She is a talented player who is quick, smart, works very hard, and has a great attitude. However, she is tiny (I don't mean small, I mean tiny). While Erika Lawler proved that small kids can play D1 she is an exception. It is tough to imagine a player of Walsh's size being a significant contributor at the D1 level. If asked, I would have thought of her as a high end D3 player. But familial connections go far at places like BC. Wish her all the best there and much success.

Comment

Northeastern
              Hayley Masters ...............F ......................(Mississauga Chiefs) ............................... Shanty Bay, ON

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                Her sister went to BC, which may explain the connection. She is a talented player who is quick, smart, works very hard, and has a great attitude. However, she is tiny (I don't mean small, I mean tiny). While Erika Lawler proved that small kids can play D1 she is an exception. It is tough to imagine a player of Walsh's size being a significant contributor at the D1 level. If asked, I would have thought of her as a high end D3 player. But familial connections go far at places like BC. Wish her all the best there and much success.
                her sister is small and is a very googd player but they dont play alike dont you agree , do you know maggie walsh. i saw her at the NAHA tournemnt she is good, she will do well as a third liner.
                Last edited by bceagles11; 09-24-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

her sister is small and is a very googd player but they dont play alike dont you agree , do you know maggie walsh. i saw her at the NAHA tournemnt she is good, she will do well as a third liner.
                  I know her as a player and by reputation and she has a great reputation and is a good player. I don't think she and her sister have similar games, but I haven't seen her sister play in years so I may be wrong there. Many high end Div 3 players would be low end Div 1 players (and vice versa), so there is a certain amount of interchangeability. As noted, I wish her success.

Comment

I know her as a player and by reputation and she has a great reputation and is a good player. I don't think she and her sister have similar games, but I haven't seen her sister play in years so I may be wrong there. Many high end Div 3 players would be low end Div 1 players (and vice versa), so there is a certain amount of interchangeability. As noted, I wish her success.
                    Forgot about another BC connection for Walsh. Courtney Kennedy (BC Asst) used to coach at the Wizards program where Walsh plays and her dad Paul is still a major influence in the program.

As a follow-on, saw the Wizards team that Walsh is on at NAHA and thought there were a couple of potential D1 level players on the team. Pensavalle (tall, lanky forward with good hands and shot), McMahon (but hearing she is going to Harvard for only lacrosse), Cavanagh (big strong forward with a surprising burst of speed), Arnold (quick, steady defenseman with good vision - but on the smaller side), Davis (Bigger defenseman), both goalies Crawford and Burke. Be interesting to see where they end up if Walsh is indeed going to BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                      Forgot about another BC connection for Walsh. Courtney Kennedy (BC Asst) used to coach at the Wizards program where Walsh plays and her dad Paul is still a major influence in the program.

As a follow-on, saw the Wizards team that Walsh is on at NAHA and thought there were a couple of potential D1 level players on the team. Pensavalle (tall, lanky forward with good hands and shot), McMahon (but hearing she is going to Harvard for only lacrosse), Cavanagh (big strong forward with a surprising burst of speed), Arnold (quick, steady defenseman with good vision - but on the smaller side), Davis (Bigger defenseman), both goalies Crawford and Burke. Be interesting to see where they end up if Walsh is indeed going to BC.
                      So do you think that the wizard have a good team there top line is
                      McMahon pensalve and Walsh that's a big first line I think they could have potential to go to nationals and it's for sure she is going to BC

Comment

• Re: 2013-2014 D1 Commitments

I think I heard Pensavalle went to Team Pittsburgh. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                          I think I heard Pensavalle went to Team Pittsburgh. Can anyone confirm that?
                          she did but carl gray blacked balled her, so she went to the wizards

Comment

she did but carl gray blacked balled her, so she went to the wizards
                            I heard she played at the Harvard Jamboree with Team Pittsburgh this past weekend, so who knows what is going on. The real indicator will be what team she is on at the Assabet tournament.

Comment

So do you think that the wizard have a good team there top line is
                              McMahon pensalve and Walsh that's a big first line I think they could have potential to go to nationals and it's for sure she is going to BC
                              Saw Wizards, Spitfires, and Breakers at NAHA. None of them beats Assabet at the state tournament unless Assabet gets the time wrong and forfeits by mistake . Between the other 3, whoever has the best weekend at the states goes to San Jose - a tossup (assuming that MA gets 2 U19 spots this year).

Comment

Pensavile is a very good player...has been for years. Nice that ole Carl blackballed her. typical. not sure she is on team pitt however. wiz more likely. hope she does well vs the evil empire.

Comment

Working...
                                X