X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
    I was bummed to see she made no mention of Lake State. No matter how "scary good" UM's offense is, Lake State is still THE story of the CCHA at the moment.
    Staying under the radar is not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by parepadarappa View Post
      Doubtful. Paula is a joke unless you want to read about UofM, MSU or any other team below the bridge.
      She did defend herself in the comment section below her article. Four of the seven wins are against MSU and UAH and they are not going to be NCAA contenders this year and the two against Miami well each week they just don't seem like they are the team we are used to seeing. What a load of crap paula seven of the Lakers wins so far are against Ncaa teams no matter what you say and they are deserving of some limelight. You seem to be the only one that thinks they do not.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
        Nice to see the Lakers' Kevin Kapalka on the front page of USCHO right now.

*****http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000CDtM6iAcGho/s/660/440/RachelLewis-Miami-LSSU-10282011-6.jpg******
        On Saturday it was Tech's Josh Robinson on the front page, pretty impressive that 2 small UP schools do that.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
          She did defend herself in the comment section below her article. Four of the seven wins are against MSU and UAH and they are not going to be NCAA contenders this year and the two against Miami well each week they just don't seem like they are the team we are used to seeing. What a load of crap paula seven of the Lakers wins so far are against Ncaa teams no matter what you say and they are deserving of some limelight. You seem to be the only one that thinks they do not.
          Stupid excuse. That Michigan team she fawns over beat the hell out the powerhouses of Bentley and St. Lawrence.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If some one in the soo happened to listen to the radio show tonight was anything interesting mentioned. I was also wondering was there any new news on Skhrelli sp?
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

And in the power rankings Lake State is top 5.
              Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
              Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
              MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
              Yost Arena: U-Mich
              Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
              Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
              Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
              Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
              Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
              Joyce Center: Notre Dame
              Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
              Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
                And in the power rankings Lake State is top 5.
                AND I would say a 7-1 Lake State is still a bigger story... No matter how much Miami sucks this year.
                Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                Yost Arena: U-Mich
                Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

If some one in the soo happened to listen to the radio show tonight was anything interesting mentioned. I was also wondering was there any new news on Skhrelli sp?
                  Was wondering the same thing on Shkreli - hopefully its nothing major and we will see him back soon. From what I have seen (MSU & BG) think he has great potential if given the opportunity to play.

Comment

Hopefully VanWaggoner will ask Coach Roque that on his online stream and podcast of the Laker Hockey Show.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      I don't really care what paula says anymore. This has been a recurring theme for years that she mentions LSSU or Northern only once or twice a year. Honestly I have to wonder what her credentials are that make her qualified to be the CCHA expert. I'd trust Truth Squad to be more objective on CCHA goings-on.

Comment

Originally posted by parepadarappa View Post
                        I don't really care what paula says anymore. This has been a recurring theme for years that she mentions LSSU or Northern only once or twice a year. Honestly I have to wonder what her credentials are that make her qualified to be the CCHA expert. I'd trust Truth Squad to be more objective on CCHA goings-on.
                        Yeah. 99% of the time her articles are crap. My favorite thing she said to someone asking about why the sweep of Miami didnt get covered is because Miami is on the way down. So what. How about the fact it was the first sweep of Miami on their home ice since the 2006-2007 season. Thats impressive right there.

Comment

Paula and Roque had a falling out a few years ago, and she has had it in for Lake State ever since.

She doesn't care about teams north of Kalamazoo. Read her articles, and you can usually find multiple mistakes each week.

But, she does go a long way in keeping USCHO on the up-and-up when it comes to EOE.

Comment

Any chance we might see Murdock or Ravn play this weekend?

Let's hope for big crowds this weekend. It would be embarrassing to see any crowds under 2,000.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                              Yeah. 99% of the time her articles are crap. My favorite thing she said to someone asking about why the sweep of Miami didnt get covered is because Miami is on the way down. So what. How about the fact it was the first sweep of Miami on their home ice since the 2006-2007 season. Thats impressive right there.

Not when Michigan is outscoring Bentley, at home. Come on now -- that Michigan scoring machine is scary. (heehee).

Comment

Let's just hope the Lakers play two solid games this weekend. Hopefully the players aren't to full of themselves, like I thought they were against Bowling Green after the MSU series.

Comment

Working...
                                X