X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    OK, thanks Laker Dude. I was at the game and didn't catch the broadcast (or pre-game show). But I still wonder why Roque hasn't played Ainsworth in place of Shkreli in any of the other games, not that there have been many of them yet.
    In interviews I have heard, Ainsworth has not really been mentioned. It sounds like Radke is possibly still 3 or 4 weeks from returning to the line up.

Comment

Bill: in tonight's podcast, Coach Rogue specifically talks about why KA hasn't played yet. Said he is on trip to Miami and it's just a matter of time for him.

Also, I wonder if there is any chance DR readshirts if he isn't ready before December?

Comment

Originally posted by NewLakerfan View Post
        Bill: in tonight's podcast, Coach Rogue specifically talks about why KA hasn't played yet. Said he is on trip to Miami and it's just a matter of time for him.

Also, I wonder if there is any chance DR readshirts if he isn't ready before December?
        Ainsworth could have played one more year of Junior hockey. They may have brought him in this season as insurance in case Radke's surgery was too slow in healing and he basically had to sit out all year. Ainsworth had a slow start at TC last year but caught fire after the holidays so it seemed he was ready for college hockey. I don't know how good Ainsworth is going to be, but I'd like to see him get a shot at playing to see what he can do. I know they wanted him to get stronger while playing Junior hockey and hopefully he's done that. Maybe they'll play him in place of Shkreli soon if Shkreli doesn't start producing more points. Shkreli is playing in Radke's spot for now.

Comment

I thought Shkreli looked pretty good in a couple of games that I saw. I didn't even remember him from last year, so I was thinking he was a freshman. How many goals you score isn't always indicative of how well you play. For a team that has lacked speed, he looks pretty quick to me.

Ainsworth could have played one more year of Junior hockey. They may have brought him in this season as insurance in case Radke's surgery was too slow in healing and he basically had to sit out all year. Ainsworth had a slow start at TC last year but caught fire after the holidays so it seemed he was ready for college hockey. I don't know how good Ainsworth is going to be, but I'd like to see him get a shot at playing to see what he can do. I know they wanted him to get stronger while playing Junior hockey and hopefully he's done that. Maybe they'll play him in place of Shkreli soon if Shkreli doesn't start producing more points. Shkreli is playing in Radke's spot for now.

Comment

More trouble with the online feed before a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
              It's working fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                I have not had an issue thus far this season. I really think this is an issue with your ISP. Are you on DSL?
                Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                Yost Arena: U-Mich
                Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
                  I have not had an issue thus far this season. I really think this is an issue with your ISP. Are you on DSL?
                  Just a lack of tinfoil around the rabbit ears.

Comment

It is cutting in and out too much but it might just be an issue on my end it sounds like.

Comment

Big win for the Lakers. It sounded like they were outplayed much of the night but they kept the game tight and won it in OT. Should be a big boost to their confidence.

Comment

Big win!!! Are these Lakers for real, or is Miami overrated? I'm psyched. Crawford sounded great here in North Carolina!

Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Big win!!! Are these Lakers for real, or is Miami overrated? I'm psyched. Crawford sounded great here in North Carolina!
                          Miami is still a very solid program. They lost their two big guns (Miele and Camper) from last season to graduation and are rebuilding offensively, but they return their goalies and most of their defense. They will be better as the season progresses and their younger players contribute more offensively. Reilly Smith is their only returning big time scorer. We are catching them at a good time for us.

Comment

Good win for you guys tonight, team played very well, but Miami was vastly over-ranked to start the season.

Comment

Well Miami is a very young team, so they are going through some growing pains right now. Miami will definitely be better and more experienced when they play at the Taffy Abel in January.

HUGE win tonight. Lakers guaranteed to be in 1st place alone for the 3rd straight week when all this weekends CCHA games are done.

Roque better have the Lakers ready tomorrow because I'm sure Blasi will. Miami is gonna play really ****ed in the first period Friday.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Miami is still a very solid program. They lost their two big guns (Miele and Camper) from last season to graduation and are rebuilding offensively, but they return their goalies and most of their defense. They will be better as the season progresses and their younger players contribute more offensively. Reilly Smith is their only returning big time scorer. We are catching them at a good time for us.
                                So is this an improved Laker program? Are things actually coming together for Roque? In my memory the CCHA upper echelon tends to pull away by the end of November. I do not recall many second half collapses. So I am very optimistic.

Lakers are 3-0 against the future NCHC/BTHC opponents and in general the future WCHA appears to be handling them rather well (except for Mankato, one of my other alma maters).
                                Last edited by peten16; 10-27-2011, 10:12 PM.