• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
    Did you guys just hear Crawford's rant about the hockey show? LOL

Apparently he reads this thread.
    Has anyone told Crawford that his show hasn't been streamed all year, there is no podcast, and no website for WNKW? Get your facts straight Bill before you berate the fans yet again.

Hope the Lakers bounce back tonight and finish the weekend 8-2. I am sure the coach will have his boys fired up and they will come out flying out of the gate.
    Last edited by Flem Of The North; 11-05-2011, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      Kind of sad to see that only 2,011 were in attendance tonight. Hopefully a few more people will show up tomorrow.

8-2 would be a great start if they can rebound with a win tomorrow night.
      Give it a couple years, but BSU and Lake State will become a great rivalry. Sure, the Beavers aren't Michigan, as far a state-draw, but all 3 Yooper teams will connect and compete well with BSU and these four teams will continue to give their respective flagship universities fits.

Andrew J Carter

Comment

Lakers played well, especially the first 40 minutes. Definitely a better effort than the Friday Bowling Green game two weeks ago. Bemidji's goalie made some huge saves. Kapalka played well, but just couldn't make that huge save. Nice to see Robinson and Czuczman get their first goals as Lakers.

Hope the Lakers play hard tomorrow and come out with a way and head to Ferris with confidence. Also a win should keep Truth Boy off these forums for at least another weekend.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I know it seems cliche', but the Lakers need that one pure goal scorer. When they are dominating, they just can't put teams away and finish on some really great scoring oportunities. Even against teams like UAH, MSU, and Bowling Green, they could have put these close games away. They work so hard, and it gets frustrating that they get so little for their effort. This team has so much potential, and if they clean up play in their own zone a bit, and find that 'go to' guy, all else is in place for a special season. Jean and McParland seem to be the frontrunners for the 'go to' guy role, but need to do it consistantly. Cassiani really needs to start putting some pucks in the net, too. The work ethic is there, but they need to start finishing these plays off around the need to keep having success.

Bemijdi is a quality team, but the Lakers need to come out and take it too them and earn a split for the weekend. How about more fans in the stands on Saturday, folks?

Comment

Very entertaining game to watch last night as a fan of college hockey, great skating bye both teams. Yes it would be nice to have the go to guy but we don't but what we do have is a few guys that have the potetial to put the puck in the net it's just a matter of them bearing down when the chance comes. I bet Perfetto figured a Beaver was bearing down on him is why he rushed his shot in ot and you can't blame him for that the way they were checking all night. The Lakers seem to be a stronger team on the second night this year so i am confident they will come out flying and earn the split.

2011 people showed up to watch the game after they come back from sweeping Miami is quite a shame. I hope there is a lot more there tonight to cheer the Lakers on to victory.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Oh yes i listened to the Beaver radio show and Roque mentioned that the renovation is going to be done in just one year instead of two. He said they have one week to get out after the season and then it is supposed to be completed in early October. I hope they are not skimping on anything because the original description sounded great.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                Oh yes i listened to the Beaver radio show and Roque mentioned that the renovation is going to be done in just one year instead of two. He said they have one week to get out after the season and then it is supposed to be completed in early October. I hope they are not skimping on anything because the original description sounded great.
                Will there be any renovations to the arena itself?
                Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                Yost Arena: U-Mich
                Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

http://stream.1400espn.net is the stream to the coaches show on Monday nights. Apparently there is no 1400 website, so that is why no one could find the website.

Comment

http://stream.1400espn.net is the stream to the coaches show on Monday nights. Apparently there is no 1400 website, so that is why no one could find the website.
                    After a month and a half it is good that someone finally got the information out there, especially after Crawford berated the fans that care about Laker hockey and want to know more.

Thanks Laker Dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                      After a month and a half it is good that someone finally got the information out there, especially after Crawford berated the fans that care about Laker hockey and want to know more.

Thanks Laker Dude!
                      No problem. The website was given on the broadcast during the 1st intermission.

Comment

No problem. The website was given on the broadcast during the 1st intermission.
                        Crawford could have been a little more conciliatory about it, while his rant was kinda funny, he was a bit of an ***.
                        Last edited by peten16; 11-05-2011, 08:19 PM.

Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Crawford could have been a little more conciliatory about it, while his rant was kinda was funny, he was a bit of an ***.
                          I think you said it Peten, it is pretty obvious that Crawford reads this forum. His rant was a bit much, but I don't think conciliatory or hubris is part of Crawford's vocabulary.

Comment

Crawford could have been a little more conciliatory about it, while his rant was kinda was funny, he was a bit of an ***.
                            He started apologizing tonight since 1400 does not have an official website.

Comment

Congrats to Kevin Murdock for his first win with LSSU. Nice to rebound with a win before the trip to Ferris next weekend.

Comment

He started apologizing tonight since 1400 does not have an official website.
                                Yeah I heard it, but I thought it was weak.