This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Good argument, but you might be barking up the wrong tree. Doesn't each CCHA university have a vote on these awards?

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
    Complete BS that McParland wasn't player of the week. Here are the highlights of my email to the CCHA:

You totally missed the mark with your offensive player of the week. I am sure whenever a player from a Big 10 school puts up 7 points, you don't think any thought is required on your part.

However, LSSU's Nick McParland's 3-2-5 line at Miami was far more impressive. Miami is an excellent team, and it was an important conference road game. Not to mention, McParland's team needed each and every point he got them. Yet his efforts didn't even make your Notable Performers section.

I can't wait until a Laker puts up 7 points at home against a cupcake non-conference opponent, and the player of the week goes to some kid from Michigan who gets 5 points at Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      Link????

KBUN out of Bemidji does a great college hockey show (thanks Scotty and Moose!). It usually ends up online sometime Friday. It can be found at:

http://www.kbunam.com/College_Hockey_Tonight.html
      http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/index

The link to the show is right under the Hungry Howie's add on the right side of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/index

The link to the show is right under the Hungry Howie's add on the right side of the page.
        Very entertaining show by Paul Vanwaggonor and Coach Roque. Keep up the great work guys and thank you for getting the information to the out of town fans. Thank you!

Good luck to the Lakers against Bemidji!

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
          I can't wait for the next Laker Hockey Show with Paul VanWaggoner and Coach Roque to be available on the website. For you out of town fans this is a must and a great way to catch up on the goings on Laker Hockey.

VanWaggoner does a great job with the questions and player interviews and it is a very lively exciting show. For us out of town listeners our only way to listen to the coaches show and much better than the alternative.
          Go Lakers!
          The other show is broadcast live for the locals and streamed live for those out of town. The VanWaggoner show is not braodcast and only is podcasted.

Comment

It has not been streamed even once this year. The Van Wagoner show is the only way to get info for the out of towners. Maybe in the future we will see 90.1 take over Laker hockey.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
              Good argument, but you might be barking up the wrong tree. Doesn't each CCHA university have a vote on these awards?
              I was irritated about it all week, but I didn't send the email because I didn't really know how they selected the players. It was the first thing Coach talked about on the podcast though, and it was pretty clear that it was a decision made in the league offices.

Absolutely great job by Paul on those podcasts! I am pretty sure he is doing those as an employee of LSSU, so it is nice to see that the University is doing something good for us out of towners even if the radio station won't.

Comment

Speaking of Paul...he posts a lot in our "Believe in Laker Hockey" group over on Facebook. If you are on Facebook and havent joined that group yet you should. It was first started when the conference realignment thing was going down.

Comment

Have any of the out of towners sent something to Ms. Dunbar or the President's office about the radio streaming issue? (I assume somebody has . . . and I just missed it. But only the University can put the proper pressure on the radio people). It seems absurd that you can't listen to Laker Hockey on the web. It would cost approximately zero-cents for the radio to stream the broadcast. But never underestimate the UP business community's closed-minded approach to anything that might affect non-Soo residents. We have a very small-town here, and there are many who would prefer to keep it that way, physically and mentally.

Perhaps this is LSSU's sneaky way to force alumni to return to campus for games?

Should be a fun weekend of hockey with Bemidji. Its never too early to build up a nice healthy hate for our future WCHA rival.

And for those of you who have not been to Bemidji, or to their great new arena, its going to be a fun trip in years to come. Bemidji is a fun town (its like a very clean Sault), and the hockey people are very welcoming. The atmosphere at the one BSU game I was at last season was great. And it seems like the whole town is there. The team under Sarratore always plays a fun, up-tempo, clean game. And for those of you interested -- I encourage you to go to the luncheon and hear Sarratore give a speech -- one of the all-time classic college hockey coaches for quips and one-liners. I think we Yoopers are going to find a whole lot to like about BSU, and Bemidji. Just my opinion. For now, lets pack the house and welcome our new rivals with a good solid sweep in front of a huge, loud, fog-horn adoring crowd.

Comment

The Hockey Show out of Bemidji is up online for your listening pleasure. Thanks Moose and Scotty for making work a little more bearable today!

http://www.kbunam.com/College_Hockey_Tonight.html

And Lakerblue, glad you enjoyed your trip to Bemidji last year! I know I enjoyed my trip to Sault the last time the Beavers were there! Can't make it this time though.......
                    Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                      Have any of the out of towners sent something to Ms. Dunbar or the President's office about the radio streaming issue? (I assume somebody has . . . and I just missed it. But only the University can put the proper pressure on the radio people). It seems absurd that you can't listen to Laker Hockey on the web. It would cost approximately zero-cents for the radio to stream the broadcast. But never underestimate the UP business community's closed-minded approach to anything that might affect non-Soo residents. We have a very small-town here, and there are many who would prefer to keep it that way, physically and mentally.

Perhaps this is LSSU's sneaky way to force alumni to return to campus for games?
                      Lakerblue, I have contacted both the radio station and the University. The University said that they will address my concerns with the people at the radio station and hopefully this ongoing problem will be resolved. That might be why they started their own Laker Hockey Show with Paul Vanwaggoner, Coach Roque and a lot of the players, which is a grand slam home run.

Good luck tonight Lakers!

Comment

Bill claiming that LSSU is only 1 of 4 college hockey teams to have a coaches show every week

He also is claiming that it has been streamed every week on the WKNW website.

Comment

Did you guys just hear Crawford's rant about the hockey show? LOL

Apparently he reads this thread.
                          Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                          Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                          MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                          Yost Arena: U-Mich
                          Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                          Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                          Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                          Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                          Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                          Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                          Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                          Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            Bill claiming that LSSU is only 1 of 4 college hockey teams to have a coaches show every week

He also is claiming that it has been streamed every week on the WKNW website.
                            I can't even find a valid website for WKNW.
                            Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                            Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                            MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                            Yost Arena: U-Mich
                            Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                            Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                            Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                            Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                            Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                            Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                            Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                            Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
                              I can't even find a valid website for WKNW.
                              I looked as well and did not find their website.

Comment

Kind of sad to see that only 2,011 were in attendance tonight. Hopefully a few more people will show up tomorrow.

8-2 would be a great start if they can rebound with a win tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                                X