• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
    "Lake Front Property"
    After Years of Trying to Rebuild, LSSU is in First Place in the CCHA

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t_property.php

Great to get some press over at College Hockey News!
    It seems to me the Lakers have been ignored for what they have done thus far this season. So it's really nice to see the Lakers are finally getting some recognition for their great start. Let's keep it going guy's!
    Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Tyler Marble moved on from Humboldt (SJHL) to Wellington (OJHL), and according to this article plans on attending LSSU next season. I wonder if he plans on plans on being part of the Lakers team next season.

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_35931
      That is a suprise next year we will have three junior goaleis though. I wonder if Ravn may get redshirted at some point.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

I just got back from a trip to the sunshine state and haven't been on-line much while gone. Was the Monday Laker Hockey Show streamed this week, and if so, was anything of significance said?

Comment

Bill, it was streamed but it kept going in and out. I don't know if was my pc's fault or the quality of the stream but the show was ok from what i did get from it.

One other thing Bill if you are on facebook Paul post on one of the Laker hockey pages to post questions for the coach on wendsday before he tapes his podcast. I thought i would let you know I know you liked to ask questions on the other show.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            Bill, it was streamed but it kept going in and out. I don't know if was my pc's fault or the quality of the stream but the show was ok from what i did get from it.

One other thing Bill if you are on facebook Paul post on one of the Laker hockey pages to post questions for the coach on wendsday before he tapes his podcast. I thought i would let you know I know you liked to ask questions on the other show.
            It worked fine for me, for the first 45 minutes, but then cut out for the last 15 minutes of the show.

Comment

I just got back from a trip to the sunshine state and haven't been on-line much while gone. Was the Monday Laker Hockey Show streamed this week, and if so, was anything of significance said?
              The feed kept cutting out, especially at the end. Without a podcast it is really hard to get any good information out of that show, especially if you aren't around Monday's at 6 to listen to it, or they keep having the same old technical difficulties as they have now for years.

VanWaggoners is much better show, you can listen to it at any time, and it isn't all about himself. It is nice to have someone who doesn't berate the fans and many times the team, being involved with Laker hockey.

Big series this weekend, forgot being satisfied with a split, we should start expecting sweeps.

Comment

I listened to some of the show online. The feed was pretty weak and hard to hear, and I didn't have time to sit right at my computer, but I caught some of it.

Takeaways I remember:
                Radke was expected to start practice this week.

Ferris should be a lot like Bemidji. Maybe a little better defensively and not quite as good offensively.

They were starting to talk recruiting when the feed cut out at the 45 minute mark. Roque was happy to get the blueliner commit and we might even see 2 forwards and 2 defense men recruited this year. He said with as well as guys have been playing, there have been lots of scouts sniffing around and it is definitely possible we could lose some players early and have to replace them with recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post

They were starting to talk recruiting when the feed cut out at the 45 minute mark. Roque was happy to get the blueliner commit and we might even see 2 forwards and 2 defense men recruited this year. He said with as well as guys have been playing, there have been lots of scouts sniffing around and it is definitely possible we could lose some players early and have to replace them with recruits.
                  I just listened to the podcast from the Wednesday show and Roque said Lain had attracted interest from Anaheim during the off-season but Lain felt he wasn't ready yet and wanted to play more at the college level before testing the pro waters. And I think Jean went to an off-season NHL camp. So those guys at a minimum are guys who might not stay their full 4 years.

Comment

I just listened to the podcast from the Wednesday show and Roque said Lain had attracted interest from Anaheim during the off-season but Lain felt he wasn't ready yet and wanted to play more at the college level before testing the pro waters. And I think Jean went to an off-season NHL camp. So those guys at a minimum are guys who might not stay their full 4 years.
                    When Bill interviewed Dave McNab during MSU weekend up here he seemed more impressed with Jean than anything else, even though Bill's interview focus was on Schoefield and MSU's Brett Perlini (Soo, Ont, native).

Comment

Okay, for what it's worth: predictions

Friday: Ferris 3 LSSU 2

Saturday: Ferris 4 LSSU 1

I know, I know ...

Comment

Pretty close with your prediction on the second loss, with the Lakers getting pounded 5-1 tonight. Pathetic performance on the road. This team still has no killer instinct, and I guess it will take more than a few wins to change the losing culture. This team better start skating for a full 60 minutes and learn how to finish off their plays. Ferris has just as good defense and goaltending, and they also know how to put the puck in the net. I hope to see Murdock in net for game two, and this team better show up to play, or it will be a long bus ride home. If they can win the special teams battle, they should have a chance.
                        Last edited by RealLaker94; 11-11-2011, 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well you were close on your first prediction. But I will give my 2 cents for Saturday's game: lakers 4, fsu 3. I was at the game and saw the lakers come out flying. Lost momentum when fsu scored twice fast even though the first was called off. They will get that under control before the game. They have been showing us that all season.

Comment

The offense has struggled the past three games and the Lakers turned the puck over too many times last night. They need to reverse one or both of those to have a chance to win tonight.

Comment

Lets Thank Roque for going with Kapalka

Comment

Good job by the Lakers to rebound and play well defensively, and for Kapalka to have a strong game and shoot-out. This team still needs to find offense, and win the special teams battle to win. A power play goal tonight would have been the difference between a win and a tie. I think that they were like 0-9 on the weekend, and gave up a shortie on Friday.

I don't think this weekend will hurt the Lakers that much in the national rankings, though. Lots of teams ahead of them got beat over the weekend, including Michigan and Western. If anything, it gives Ferris a chance to maybe move up.

Comment

Working...
                                X