This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Nice to see the Lakers win in a shootout, but the power play was horrid and probably cost them a point tonight. Nice bounce back game for Kapalka. I'm glad Roque had faith in K2 having a better game. Kapalka needs to be play extra well if the power play continues to struggle badly.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I am pleased with the Saturday effort. Ferris is a very good team, and road wins, no matter when where ot how, are hard to find. So they salvage a couple points with great defense.

That PP needs something. Anything. 0-9 on the weekend. But once again, perhaps some respect must be paid to Ferris for some great PK work. From what I can gather, both LSSU and FSU are similar -- they rely on hard work, tight defense, and not getting burned on the PK. So from that perspective, the Lakers had a good road trip. And they stay in first place.

Now its off to Buffalo, where perhaps they can pick up a nice NC sweep to solidify their record. So far, this is a dedicated and good road team. I would love for them to pick up some wins against Canisius and keep that momentum and confidence soaring.

(As a side note, I see Michigan's "scary" offense has come down to earth now that they aren't sitting in their home rink for the first month of the seasno whipping up on cupcakes. Hmmmmmm.).

Comment

Seen the first game and it was sad to say the least. LSSU actually looked confused on how to play FSU. Glad they came back on Sat. speaks volumes about their character. I think we all know they need offense but on the other hand I think they are depending on defense getting them there and so far its working. Paula's article on LSSU is interesting and I hope the team reads the last sentence and makes her eat her words. Of course maybe that's a good thing since all her predictions are flopping in the wind anyways...

Comment

Not a bad weekend for the Lakers and points on the road are very important, even if they didn't play the best on Friday night. They are going to lose some ground this week, being out of conference, but very important games left before the new year. Coach Roque really has the boys playing well. It will be interesting to hear the coach on with Paul VanWaggoner on the Laker Hockey Show broadcast. I love the fact I can listen to it at anytime and Paul is a much more positive person.

Go Lakers

Comment

Why does the show sound like they are in the bottom of the pool at the norris center?
            THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
            TNA
            TNA

Comment

It might be a little premature to start talking about it, but the Lakers are #5 in the PairWise rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                It might be a little premature to start talking about it....
                LSSU has played 12 of its 38 games. I'd say it's a bit early....

Comment

Anybody know anything about Canisius?

I see that they average about 400-500 attendance at the Buffalo Sports Center.
                  I see that they 2-1 at home this year (beating Bentley and RIT).
                  They are winless on the road (0-4-2).

I can't say I know anything else about them. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                    Anybody know anything about Canisius?

I see that they average about 400-500 attendance at the Buffalo Sports Center.
                    I see that they 2-1 at home this year (beating Bentley and RIT).
                    They are winless on the road (0-4-2).

I can't say I know anything else about them. Anyone?
                    Last weekend BG swept them at BG and outshot them over the 2 games by a 66 to 20 margin. Assuming the box scores were correct, it looks like they are pretty weak offensively. The games this weekend are home games for Canisius so you would expect them to play better there, but the Lakers should be able to sweep them if they can generate some offense. Unfortunately the Lakers are also struggling offensively right now so I suppose that could give Canisius some hope. Still, I consider anything less than a Lakers sweep to be disappointing result. This is their opportunity to get the offense going against a weaker opponent and they need to take advantage of that.

I just checked the overall Canisius stats and they only have 13 goals in 9 games so they average less than a goal and half a game on offense.
                    Last edited by Bill; 11-16-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I hate these odd start times. I'm glad Canisus isn't part of the new WCHA.

Hope the Lakers can solve their power play woes.

Comment

I think the Lakers goal for the weekend should be to skate for a full 60 minutes each game. I'd love to see the offense really get going and the pp come alive, but if they put in a full effort those things should fall into place. Notre Dame won again tonight, and is on a roll. If the Lakers don't put in a full game against Jackson's team next weekend, they won't get far. They shouldn't over look Canisius, but look at the series as an opportunity to get their legs going and build some condifence with some wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          I hate these odd start times. I'm glad Canisus isn't part of the new WCHA.

Hope the Lakers can solve their power play woes.
                          They share an arena with Buffalo State and Buffalo State played there last night and tonight. We let them know our open dates and this was the weekend they had to schedule the Canisius series. Buffalo State has priority (it's their arena) and we and Canisius were relegated to the odd start times.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
                            I think the Lakers goal for the weekend should be to skate for a full 60 minutes each game.
                            I'm sure that is always the plan.

Lakers down 2-1 after 2 periods.

Comment

I'm okay with a tie, but I want a win tomorrow. Nice to see the Lakers get a couple power play goals. Will Murdock get the nod in net Sunday?

Comment

I think the tie is disappointing. They are a better team than Canisius but played down to Canisius's level. The 2 PP goals are nice to see, but the offense is still struggling. Only 1 goal from the forwards today. It sounded like KK was struggling with rebound control although only giving up 2 goals isn't bad. .

Comment

Working...
                                X