Nescac 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2011-2012

Ya, Sorry my assessment was so harsh. Probably had to do with the low resolution video. Always different in the arena, I'm sure what you saw was more accurate. congrats on the win
    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
      Ya, Sorry my assessment was so harsh. Probably had to do with the low resolution video. Always different in the arena, I'm sure what you saw was more accurate. congrats on the win
      Nice save!!! I will give that answer a 10!!!! . It was a good game: USM is very very young so they tend to have moments when they get scrambaly...

Comment

77, I should make it clear that I have nothing to do with the program at Midd. I don't speak for the players or the coaching staff. I'm just another dummy who fills a seat at all the home games and most of the away ones as well! Southern Maine has been a problem for the Panthers ever since the night that the lights went out over there.Were you there for that one? I always worry a little about a home game on New Years day, Midd is a PARTY school! Your coach Beaney will have control of his team on the road, Ours will not! At least the school is not in session, which will help.
        Last edited by jimmy d; 12-08-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Good slate of games tonight, especially Middlebury at Hamilton and Williams at Amherst. Everything available on webcast except Connecticut Col. at Colby. Links to the webcasts are on the NESCAC schedule. I'll have about two or three browsers going at once.
          Last edited by OhioMule; 12-09-2011, 04:54 PM.
          Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
            77, I should make it clear that I have nothing to do with the program at Midd. I don't speak for the players or the coaching staff. I'm just another dummy who fills a seat at all the home games and most of the away ones as well! Southern Maine has been a problem for the Panthers ever since the night that the lights went out over there.Were you there for that one? I always worry a little about a home game on New Years day, Midd is a PARTY school! Your coach Beaney will have control of his team on the road, Ours will not! At least the school is not in session, which will help.

Ah the night the lights went out: oh I was there, even may have been the one who pulled the plug!!!! LOL I am sure Middlebury will be ready for both games....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
              Ah the night the lights went out: oh I was there, even may have been the one who pulled the plug!!!! LOL I am sure Middlebury will be ready for both games....
              Geez, I hope so, they got spanked by Hamilton tonight ,though!

Here we go again. It looks like everybody may bunch up in the middle again this year!

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                Middlebury is the real deal and is odds on to walk away with the NESCAC.
                Not so fast... NESCAC is the most competitive Division III league in the country from top to bottom. There are at least four very good teams, and the remaining six are all capable of doing quite a bit of damage.

Hamilton 3 - Middlebury 0
                Amherst 4 - Middlebury 3

Comment

Very painful weekend for Middlebury! They will have a long time to think about it. They can recover and get back in the race for the NESCAC front runner, but it will truly take much better play in all facets of the game....offense, defense, special teams and goal tending.
                  Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                  Not so fast... NESCAC is the most competitive Division III league in the country from top to bottom. There are at least four very good teams, and the remaining six are all capable of doing quite a bit of damage.

Hamilton 3 - Middlebury 0
                  Amherst 4 - Middlebury 3
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                    Very painful weekend for Middlebury! They will have a long time to think about it. They can recover and get back in the race for the NESCAC front runner, but it will truly take much better play in all facets of the game....offense, defense, special teams and goal tending.
                    You can say that again, Jack!

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a long season for mules everywhere. I'll be licking my wounds for a couple weeks and not particularly looking forward to the resumption of play after the break.
                      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

I am shocked that Midd stayed in the poll at #15.

Comment

I am shocked that Midd stayed in the poll at #15.
                          Teams with a history of success get more patience than other teams when it comes to the polls. Call it "the RIT factor." When scrambling around to find somebody to rank 13,14, or 15, I assume questions like "have I included Middlebury yet?" come right to the top of the voters' minds.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I meant to say that the Amherst video was extremely well done. I believe they have upgraded it and in all sports, particularly soccer, hockey and lacrosse it used to buffer alot. Not anymore and the play by play by Hugh Campbell is excellent.

Comment

I meant to say that the Amherst video was extremely well done. I believe they have upgraded it and in all sports, particularly soccer, hockey and lacrosse it used to buffer alot. Not anymore and the play by play by Hugh Campbell is excellent.
                              Is Hugh the guy with the Aussie accent?
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

and they don't charge either
                                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                                X