Nescac 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nescac 2011-2012

One lawsuit, three new head coaches, one vacated championship.... Pretty unsettled to start the season. Any thoughts on how things may turn out this season?

Re: Nescac 2011-2012

Not to mention a very different looking schedule without the interlock...
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

I think what is lost in dropped interlocked games will be made up with doubling up the NESCAC schedule. Any predictions on how teams will finish?

Comment

From nescachockey;

Hamilton. From 1st to 9th? That bad?

1. Middlebury (2.15) (3rd (tie))

2. Bowdoin (2.95) (3rd (tie))

3. Williams (3.7) (2nd)

4. Amherst (4.55) (3rd (tie))

5. Wesleyan (4.75) (8th)

6. Colby (5.25) (6th)

7 (tie). Connecticut Coll (7.0) (9th)

7 (tie). Trinity (7.0) (7th)

9. Hamilton (7.9) (1st)

10. Tufts (8.75) (10th)

Comment

Originally posted by LMNOP View Post
          From nescachockey;

Hamilton. From 1st to 9th? That bad?

1. Middlebury (2.15) (3rd (tie))

2. Bowdoin (2.95) (3rd (tie))

3. Williams (3.7) (2nd)

4. Amherst (4.55) (3rd (tie))

5. Wesleyan (4.75) (8th)

6. Colby (5.25) (6th)

7 (tie). Connecticut Coll (7.0) (9th)

7 (tie). Trinity (7.0) (7th)

9. Hamilton (7.9) (1st)

10. Tufts (8.75) (10th)
          It wouldn't shock me. The NESCAC was so jumbled in the middle last year anyway. Wasn't the difference between first and 8th in the standings like 5 or 7 points or something ridiculous like that?

Middlebury is still the team to beat IMHO with Bowdoin right on their heels.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LMNOP View Post
            I think what is lost in dropped interlocked games will be made up with doubling up the NESCAC schedule. Any predictions on how teams will finish?
            The cool thing about the new schedule is that nobody escapes that long road trip to Maine. I actually think this will benefit both Bowdoin and Colby, since they have to make the long trip wherever they go anyway.

As to predictions, I wouldn't even begin to guess. Any good team from last year that retained most of its best players has a shot.
            Last edited by OhioMule; 10-22-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
              The cool thing about the new schedule is that nobody escapes that long road trip to Maine. I actually think this will benefit both Bowdoin and Colby, since they have to make the long trip wherever they go anyway.
              I think that you are on to something here, OhioMule, and I agree. Maybe Hamilton will benefit as well, perhaps even more so.
              It's tough being a fan of a NESCAC team, it seems that the hierarchy is attempting to reduce the conference to mediocrity. With the ridiculously high admission standards, the late start to the season, and now Saturday, Sunday games (which will reduce fan participation). I don't get it! Why intentionally create an uphill playing field? What's next? a return to non-participation in post season play? I wouldn't be surprised.
              from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Actually the limp one (NESCAC hockey) has it as:
                1. Bowdoin (2.65) (3rd (tie))

2. Williams (3.4) (2nd)

3. Middlebury (3.5) (3rd (tie))

4. Wesleyan (4.45) (8th)

5. Amherst (4.55) (3rd (tie))

6. Colby (4.8) (6th)

7 (tie). Connecticut Coll (7.2) (9th)

7 (tie). Trinity (7.2) (7th)

9. Hamilton (7.9) (1st)

10. Tufts (8.75) (10th)

Midd was dropped to 3rd after several players from last year, including Dubuc and Vermette, did not return
                D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                  I think that you are on to something here, OhioMule, and I agree. Maybe Hamilton will benefit as well, perhaps even more so.
                  It's tough being a fan of a NESCAC team, it seems that the hierarchy is attempting to reduce the conference to mediocrity. With the ridiculously high admission standards, the late start to the season, and now Saturday, Sunday games (which will reduce fan participation). I don't get it! Why intentionally create an uphill playing field? What's next? a return to non-participation in post season play? I wouldn't be surprised.
                  I don't think they'll do that. The NESCAC is competitive on the national scene in hockey and even though their sporting dominance stretches far outside the niche sport of ice hockey, I don't see their Presidents giving up the chance to keep their conference on the national stage by stopping their teams from being able to compete in the NCAAs. Middlebury men and women are good enough 99% of the time to make it to the Frozen Four and teams like Amherst and Bowdoin have made tremendous strides to get their names in the national picture over the last few years.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I don't think they'll do that. The NESCAC is competitive on the national scene in hockey and even though their sporting dominance stretches far outside the niche sport of ice hockey, I don't see their Presidents giving up the chance to keep their conference on the national stage by stopping their teams from being able to compete in the NCAAs. Middlebury men and women are good enough 99% of the time to make it to the Frozen Four and teams like Amherst and Bowdoin have made tremendous strides to get their names in the national picture over the last few years.

They have opted out of post season play in football, so they don't always look at all sports that way.

Some of us with long term ties to Norwich remember that there used to be a football game...and still are ticked off about the way that ended. But we still have the trophy.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      They have opted out of post season play in football, so they don't always look at all sports that way.

Some of us with long term ties to Norwich remember that there used to be a football game...and still are ticked off about the way that ended. But we still have the trophy.
                      Were they competitive on the national scene in football back then?

Personally, I don't think its plausible nowadays for D-III football teams in New England to be able to compete on the national scene. Granted, Norwich made the NCAA playoffs this year, but the ECFC is less than the equivalent to the ECAC NE and MCHA (pre-Adrian).
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

True, Norwich won the last game, but Midd had the winning record in the rivalry. There are many people, like myself, who would love to see the series renewed, but if Midd played a ninth game it would mean annual games with both Bowdoin and Wesleyan. Norwich would require a tenth game and that is not going to happen anytime soon.
                        Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                          True, Norwich won the last game, but Midd had the winning record in the rivalry. There are many people, like myself, who would love to see the series renewed, but if Midd played a ninth game it would mean annual games with both Bowdoin and Wesleyan. Norwich would require a tenth game and that is not going to happen anytime soon.
                          It was a great rivalry which ended because the NESCAC said that there would be no more non conference games in FB. NU could easily accommodate a renewal of the rivalry - they could drop one of the current NC games, and would do so in a heartbeat. It was all about the rivalry. Midd may have more wins, but Norwich holds the title. If you want it back, you've got to play.

In general, I don't even care that much about football either.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The hockey schedule is beginning to look a lot like the football schedule. A few years ago Trinity had a great football team that was nationally ranked in Div. III, but there was really no basis for comparison. It seems like NESCAC hockey is moving in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              It was a great rivalry which ended because the NESCAC said that there would be no more non conference games in FB. NU could easily accommodate a renewal of the rivalry - they could drop one of the current NC games, and would do so in a heartbeat. It was all about the rivalry. Midd may have more wins, but Norwich holds the title. If you want it back, you've got to play.

In general, I don't even care that much about football either.
                              What title is that? The one for the losing record? Sounds like Obama-speak to me.
                              Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                              X