Nescac 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2011-2012

This league is always tightly bunched and road wins are especially important. I think Amherst, Middlebury, Bowdoin and Williams will battle it out for the championship. Spoiler could be Wesleyan. Others will battle to make the playoffs. But then again..

Comment

I really wouldn't dare to guess who'll be battling for the top spot in the end. There are some very good match ups to start the season. By Sunday evening we should have an idea where the "big guns" stand at least.
      from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
        What title is that? The one for the losing record? Sounds like Obama-speak to me.
        First of all. Obama is the President, not Senator Eyore from Kentucky. Second, any boxing fan knows it isn't the record that determines the belt holder - its the person who won the last title match.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
          I really wouldn't dare to guess who'll be battling for the top spot in the end. There are some very good match ups to start the season. By Sunday evening we should have an idea where the "big guns" stand at least.
          On the road at Midd. and Williams is a tough way to start the season for Bowdoin and Colby.
          Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
            On the road at Midd. and Williams is a tough way to start the season for Bowdoin and Colby.
            You may have nothing to worry about. Midd always used to start with Tufts and Conn College. The last few years have been embarrassing starts. Hopefully they come up to their opponents level this time!

Comment

The announcer on the Amherst hockey Webcasts is quite good. He even gives the names of the opposing players seamlessly. He obviously does his homework before the game. Good call of the Hamilton game last night. Kudos!

Comment

What's going on at Midd? The Webcast message says the start time has "tentatively" been pushed back to 7:30.

Comment

The Midd athletics page is now saying 7:45p. MiddTV says "Colby travel problems", I hope that doesn't mean that the team will be hitting the ice with stiff legs.
                  Mule train, yeah, yeah!

Comment

The story that was circulating was that the bus broke down. It was a pretty good game, with and exciting finish. Colby came on strong in the third, and with a couple minutes left forced Midd to ice the puck. Colby called the time out and went to the face off with the extra attacker. They pulled to within one with 1.13 left, and had a couple of good chances to tie it up!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                      The story that was circulating was that the bus broke down. It was a pretty good game, with and exciting finish. Colby came on strong in the third, and with a couple minutes left forced Midd to ice the puck. Colby called the time out and went to the face off with the extra attacker. They pulled to within one with 1.13 left, and had a couple of good chances to tie it up!
                      I listened to the radio broadcast. It sounded like they were getting creamed for the first two periods. Then it seemed like they finally shook off the bus legs and out-played Midd in the third period. It was heartening to see that they were competitive in the end. If the third period had looked like the first two, I would have been shaking my head and wondering about the rest of the season with a new coach and a Junior goalie who was playing his first varsity game. It looks like they have three freshman goalies. I wonder if one of them is slated to start this afternoon.

Comment

I listened to the radio broadcast. It sounded like they were getting creamed for the first two periods. Then it seemed like they finally shook off the bus legs and out-played Midd in the third period. It was heartening to see that they were competitive in the end. If the third period had looked like the first two, I would have been shaking my head and wondering about the rest of the season with a new coach and a Junior goalie who was playing his first varsity game. It looks like they have three freshman goalies. I wonder if one of them is slated to start this afternoon.
                        Yes that is pretty much how it looked to me. Your team looked pretty good in the third. They never let up, and got fired up with the goals. I too am wondering who we'll see in goal. Midd actually has only one freshman goalie and he did not dress last night. The Junior does not have a varsity start yet, But the So. Bondurant had a few starts last season. Mr. Beaney used to rotate goaltenders at the start of the season, but Jon Yanchek stood on his head last year at the Sid Watson, and made it possible for Midd to win that one. I'm expecting to see him in net again tonight but you never know.....

Comment

Middlebury is looking pretty good right now, especially after that 7-1 victory over Bowdoin; a lot different from last year's start. But it won't really start getting interesting until after the holidays.

Maybe we can keep this thread alive all season. Now that the interlock is over with and the heavy posters from the ECAC East are doing their own thing, us NESCAC fans are going to need a place.

Comment

Seven NESCAC teams are in non-league action tonight. It will be interesting as teams that have played only one or two games go up against teams that have been seeing action for a couple extra weeks.

Comment

Seven NESCAC teams are in non-league action tonight. It will be interesting as teams that have played only one or two games go up against teams that have been seeing action for a couple extra weeks.
                              are any of these games on the web??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                are any of these games on the web??
                                Here's the link to the NESCAC schedule with the links to the broadcasts: http://www.nescac.com/sports/mice/2011-12/schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X