Re: Miac 2011-2012

St. Thomas vs. St Bens - St Thomas sweeps
    Gustavus vs. Bethel - GAC sweep
    St. Olaf @ Concordia - Split
    Augsburg vs. St Kates - St Kate's sweep
    Hamline vs. St Mary's - St. Mary's gets 3 points

Comment

Not good for Bethel if that's true. Everyone in the league is wishing they could be playing Bethel over the next two weekends! Lucky for GAC and CM.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat92 View Post
        Gustavus vs. Bethel- GAC sweep (rumor is Newstrom has mono)
        If this is the case than GAC with sweep them easily.

Comment

I must read..Poor Lindenwood may need a glass of WINE. On their web sight this is what they wrote .

Caitlyn Post recorded the first hat trick for the Lindenwood women's hockey team, but a rash of penalties led to the Lady Lions falling to St. Catherine by a 7-6 score on Saturday afternoon in St. Cloud, Minn.

Lindenwood jumped out to a 6-2 lead against the Wildcats late in the second period. Post scored three of Lindenwood's goals, and other tallies came from Samantha Moore, Sydney Gorzitza, and Kendra Ganchar. Alison Wickenheiser had four assists, and Alyssa West and Samantha Redick each had two assists.

After Lindenwood went up by four goals, the team had trouble staying out of the penalty box. The Lady Lions allowed three power-play goals in the final five minutes of the second period, and St. Catherine tied the game with another power-play goal in the first part of the third period. St. Catherine then scored the game-winner at the 9:12 mark of the final period.

For the game, Lindenwood dominated play. The Lady Lions were called for 16 penalties though, compared to just four against St. Catherine.

I wrote:

They dominated St. Kates out shooting them 34 to 33 lol. I thought penalties were part of the game. Maybe next time they wont have to trip and hold the speedy wildcat team. For a division 1 team they need to grow up before they play some real D1 teams that will kick their but.

Comment

Originally posted by westeast View Post
            I wrote:

They dominated St. Kates out shooting them 34 to 33 lol. I thought penalties were part of the game. Maybe next time they wont have to trip and hold the speedy wildcat team. For a division 1 team they need to grow up before they play some real D1 teams that will kick their but.

Like This??

Fri Sep 23 at Wisconsin NC 0-11 L Box 0- 1- 0 0- 0- 0
            Sun Sep 25 at Wisconsin NC 0-13 L Box 0- 2- 0 0- 0- 0
            Fri Oct 28 MERCYHURST NC 0- 7 L Box 0- 9- 0 0- 0- 0
            Sat Oct 29 MERCYHURST NC 1-14 L Box 0-10- 0 0- 0- 0
            Did Lindenwood and St Bens play??
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Yea they did play each other.
              St. Bens 1
              Lindenwood 7

Comment

OK EG I will see if I can do better than your pics last week and yours were good.

St. Thomas vs. St. Ben's - Tommies sweep with flying colors
                GAC vs. Bethel - Split
                St. Olaf @ Concordia - Split - Olaf sweeps
                Augsburg vs. St. Kate's St. Kate's sweeps young fast team with good Vets
                Hamline vs. St. Mary's Sweep for St. Marys

So lets see how many points we get. I say we start now with conference play 2 pts win 1 pt tie and see where we end up at the end .

I can keep a record and post it for anyone that is going to do this.

But let me know if you will be doing this every week..

Thanks

Comment

St. Thomas vs. St Bens - St Thomas sweeps
                  Gustavus vs. Bethel - GAC sweep
                  St. Olaf @ Concordia - Concordia sweep
                  Augsburg vs. St Kates - St Kate's sweep
                  Hamline vs. St Mary's - Split

Comment

But let me know if you will be doing this every week..

Thanks
                    I plan to post every week.

I don't understand the scoring system? How does one tie?

Comment

So lets see how many points we get. I say we start now with conference play 2 pts win 1 pt tie and see where we end up at the end .

I can keep a record and post it for anyone that is going to do this.
                      Thanks
                      This sounds fun, but the scoring system doesn't quite make sense. I would say one point per right game prediction (e.g. Gac Sweep predicted, GAC sweep = 2 points; GAC loses/ties one= one point, GAC loses both/ties both = 0 points). So a tie would have to be predicted to be correct, etc.

Comment

makes sense to me. unless ties are worth .5?

Comment

Originally posted by egon_getts View Post
                          This sounds fun, but the scoring system doesn't quite make sense. I would say one point per right game prediction (e.g. Gac Sweep predicted, GAC sweep = 2 points; GAC loses/ties one= one point, GAC loses both/ties both = 0 points). So a tie would have to be predicted to be correct, etc.

Example:

Win game = 2pts
                          Tie = 1pt
                          Loss/tie = minus 1 pt
                          2 game prediction correct = 1pt

Is this to much ??

Comment

Example:

Win game = 2pts
                            Tie = 1pt
                            Loss/tie = minus 1 pt
                            2 game prediction correct = 1pt

Is this to much ??
                            I don't entirely understand it but as long as someone else keeps score I am down for it.

Comment

Originally posted by eg1351 View Post
                              I don't entirely understand it but as long as someone else keeps score I am down for it.
                              Funny, yea I know what you mean..What is the simplest way to score so we don't confuse everyone?

Comment

Funny, yea I know what you mean..What is the simplest way to score so we don't confuse everyone?
                                it could be based on the % of points correctly predicated? The actual points of the team you predict takes more points (based on the 4 available points for 2 wins), is the numerator. The denominator is the # of points you predicted they would score. If your score is greater than 100%, you subtract 10% from 100% for every point over predicted. Your score = your percentage.

It comes out looking kind of complicated but I think it is simple using the following key (Team A is the team predicted to be superior in the series):
                                Ex:
                                1) Predict: Team A sweeps Team B
                                a) Actual: Team A sweeps Team B (A=4 points) - scoring: 4/4 = 100%
                                b) Actual Team A wins & ties (A=3 points) - scoring: 3/4 = 75%
                                c) Actual: Split (A=2 points) - Scoring: 2/4 = 50%
                                d) Actual: Team A loses & ties (A=1 point) - scoring: 1/4 = 25%
                                e) Actual: Team A gets swept (A=0 points) - scoring: 0/4 = 0%

2) Predict: Team A gets 3 points (win & tie)
                                a) Actual: Team A sweeps Team B (A=4 points) - scoring: 4/3= over 100% - subtract 10% = 90%
                                b) Actual Team A wins & ties (A=3 points) - scoring: 3/3 = 100%
                                c) Actual: Split (A=2 points) - Scoring: 2/3 = 67%%
                                d) Actual: Team A loses & ties (A=1 point) - scoring: 1/3 = 33%
                                e) Actual: Team A gets swept (A=0 points) - scoring: 0/3 = 0%

3) Predict: team A & team B split
                                a) Actual: Team A sweeps Team B (A=4 points) - scoring: 4/2 = over 100% - subtract 20% = 80%
                                b) Actual Team A wins & ties (A=3 points) - scoring: 3/2 = over 100% - subtract 10% = 90%
                                c) Actual: Split (A=2 points) - Scoring: 2/2 = 100%
                                d) Actual: Team A loses & ties (A=1 point) - scoring: 1/2 = 50%
                                e) Actual: Team A gets swept (A=0 points) - scoring: 0/3 = 0%

EDIT: After review - I am unsure how to determine who is Team A if you predict a split. This causes problems when it comes to underprediction penalization. Any ideas?
                                Last edited by eg1351; 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X