Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 758

Thread: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

  1. #121
    Rank Amateur
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, ND
    Posts
    6,965

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Looks like you're the one without a sense of humor pal.

    And FYI.. I wasn't even trying to get involved in whatever discussion you were having. Just commenting on how you always seem to show up to try and minimize any Gopher accomplishment, and rationalize any Sioux mistake.

    I was half joking when I said it, but after seeing your response, I think you clearly need the criticism.

    Lighten up Fransis. My God.
    oooohhhhhh!!!! You lighten up, I was laughing when I typed that response... Actually this is the week I will minimize the Goofs accomplishments.
    Editor and College Hockey Writer Inside Hockey
    My Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

    NCAA CHAMPS 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  2. #122
    Rank Amateur
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, ND
    Posts
    6,965

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two this decade. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
    That was an awesome post actually...
    Editor and College Hockey Writer Inside Hockey
    My Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

    NCAA CHAMPS 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SSP
    Posts
    414

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He ignores it because no one besides Minnesota fans care about it. Sorry, them's the breaks. I think Minnesota only hangs 6 banners in Mariucci (not 7 like you're saying above). One for the 1940 team. But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two in the ought's. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
    Just for argument sake: Ask those Badger fans how many Championships the Packers have. (Not SB wins) Seems like I hear the total number of championships from a WI resident a helluva lot more often than I hear how many SB wins they have... So it all depends on the topic and how it best reflects the team/fan base(s).

  4. #124
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    62,344

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by mariucci View Post
    Just for argument sake: Ask those Badger fans how many Championships the Packers have. (Not SB wins) Seems like I hear the total number of championships from a WI resident a helluva lot more often than I hear how many SB wins they have... So it all depends on the topic and how it best reflects the team/fan base(s).
    That's funny. The Packers fans I know only bring up that they've won a Super Bowl and the Vikes haven't. That's enough. I don't give a rip how many NFL titles they have.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  5. #125

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by mariucci View Post
    Just for argument sake: Ask those Badger fans how many Championships the Packers have. (Not SB wins) Seems like I hear the total number of championships from a WI resident a helluva lot more often than I hear how many SB wins they have... So it all depends on the topic and how it best reflects the team/fan base(s).
    HUGE difference though...A Super Bowl title IS an NFL Championship. An AAU title is NOT an NCAA Title.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  6. #126
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He ignores it because no one besides Minnesota fans care about it. Sorry, them's the breaks. I think Minnesota only hangs 6 banners in Mariucci (not 7 like you're saying above). One for the 1940 team. But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two in the ought's. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
    We hang 6 banners because the 1929 championship was shared. And I think I clearly stated that I realize this thread only looks at NCAA era team's, and I think I clearly stated that I have no problem with that.

    I was just calling a spade a spade and pointing out the reason he continuously ignores this era is because it doesn't benefit his team. Lord knows this era would be included if it did.

    But if this list isn't open to criticism, I'll move on.

  7. #127
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    62,344

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    HUGE difference though...A Super Bowl title IS an NFL Championship. An AAU title is NOT an NCAA Title.
    I disagree with this conclusion. An NFL Championship is NOT the same as a Super Bowl. Never has been, never will be.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  8. #128
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    HUGE difference though...A Super Bowl title IS an NFL Championship. An AAU title is NOT an NCAA Title.
    You're right. No college hockey was ever played pre-NCAA, so we should just erase those records from the history books.

  9. #129
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's funny. The Packers fans I know only bring up that they've won a Super Bowl and the Vikes haven't. That's enough. I don't give a rip how many NFL titles they have.
    Ha! You clearly don't know many Packer fans Scooby.

  10. #130
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    oooohhhhhh!!!! You lighten up, I was laughing when I typed that response... Actually this is the week I will minimize the Goofs accomplishments.
    Made no sense.

  11. #131

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    we hang 6 banners because the 1929 championship was shared. And I think I clearly stated that I realize this thread only looks at NCAA era team's, and I think I clearly stated that I have no problem with that.

    I was just calling a spade a spade and pointing out the reason he continuously ignores this era is because it doesn't benefit his team. Lord knows this era would be included if it did.

    But if this list isn't open to criticism, I'll move on.
    Please create a formula that can accurately apply to both teams from the pre-NCAA era to teams from the NCAA era. I'll gladly post those numbers as well if the formula is reasonable.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  12. #132

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I disagree with this conclusion. An NFL Championship is NOT the same as a Super Bowl. Never has been, never will be.
    Not my conclusion. I said a Super Bowl title is an NFL Championship, and never mentioned anything about the other way around.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  13. #133
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    62,344

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Not my conclusion. I said a Super Bowl title is an NFL Championship, and never mentioned anything about the other way around.
    Doesn't work either direction. Never did, never will.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  14. #134

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Doesn't work either direction. Never did, never will.
    A Super Bowl title is not an NFL Title?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SSP
    Posts
    414

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's funny. The Packers fans I know only bring up that they've won a Super Bowl and the Vikes haven't. That's enough. I don't give a rip how many NFL titles they have.
    Shannanigans...

    Credibility requires honesty. But then again "ignorance is bliss"

  16. #136
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    62,344

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    A Super Bowl title is not an NFL Title?
    That's semantics with names and not what I said and you know that. I'll take their side if you want. I'm happy to do it.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  17. #137
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Please create a formula that can accurately apply to both teams from the pre-NCAA era to teams from the NCAA era. I'll gladly post those numbers as well if the formula is reasonable.
    I think I have been pretty clear since I first started posting here that I thought creating mathematic formulas to rank something that is so subjective is a complete waste of time.

    So no, I won't be doing that. But since you have, and decided to post them in a public forum, I will point out the flaws I see.

  18. #138
    MN Hockey Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by mariucci View Post
    Shannanigans...

    Credibility requires honesty. But then again "ignorance is bliss"
    Exactly.

  19. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SSP
    Posts
    414

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    I think we could include the CJHL into this discussion or possibly add them to the "formula" for success??

  20. #140

    Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's semantics with names and not what I said and you know that. I'll take their side if you want. I'm happy to do it.
    Fair enough. You take the side you want to take, don't let me make your decisions...you'll be wearing kelly green and white.

    At the end of the day, it's nearly impossible to accurately compare pre-NCAA era teams to NCAA era teams. That is why my list only includes the NCAA era. I do not ignore pre-NCAA hockey, and in fact went to great lengths in my Greatest Programs of All-Time to include this data. I'm not going to waste my time arguing otherwise.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •