X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    A Super Bowl title is not an NFL Title?
    That's semantics with names and not what I said and you know that. I'll take their side if you want. I'm happy to do it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Please create a formula that can accurately apply to both teams from the pre-NCAA era to teams from the NCAA era. I'll gladly post those numbers as well if the formula is reasonable.
      I think I have been pretty clear since I first started posting here that I thought creating mathematic formulas to rank something that is so subjective is a complete waste of time.

So no, I won't be doing that. But since you have, and decided to post them in a public forum, I will point out the flaws I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariucci View Post
        Shannanigans...

Credibility requires honesty. But then again "ignorance is bliss"
        Exactly.

Comment

I think we could include the CJHL into this discussion or possibly add them to the "formula" for success??

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            That's semantics with names and not what I said and you know that. I'll take their side if you want. I'm happy to do it.
            Fair enough. You take the side you want to take, don't let me make your decisions...you'll be wearing kelly green and white.

At the end of the day, it's nearly impossible to accurately compare pre-NCAA era teams to NCAA era teams. That is why my list only includes the NCAA era. I do not ignore pre-NCAA hockey, and in fact went to great lengths in my Greatest Programs of All-Time to include this data. I'm not going to waste my time arguing otherwise.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Fair enough. You take the side you want to take, don't let me make your decisions...you'll be wearing kelly green and white.

At the end of the day, it's nearly impossible to accurately compare pre-NCAA era teams to NCAA era teams. That is why my list only includes the NCAA era. I do not ignore pre-NCAA hockey, and in fact went to great lengths in my Greatest Programs of All-Time to include this data. I'm not going to waste my time arguing otherwise.
              With a mathematical formula? I agree. That's why I think this is so stupid. It's subjective. You can't put some of the criteria that some people think made some teams so great into a formula, nor is it very conducive to comparing teams across eras.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                With a mathematical formula? I agree. That's why I think this is so stupid. It's subjective. You can't put some of the criteria that some people think made some teams so great into a formula, nor is it very conducive to comparing teams across eras.
                You do realize you don't have to read this thread right?
                North Dakota

Comment

You do realize you don't have to read this thread right?
                  What's the matter? Can't you handle a little constructive criticism?

Comment

What's the matter? Can't you handle a little constructive criticism?
                    Saying something is "so stupid" is not constructive criticism.

This entire thread is based on a formula. You seem to think it is ridiculous to even attempt such a thing. Why keep badgering about it? I understand that you think such an attempt is "stupid."
                    North Dakota

Comment

Saying something is "so stupid" is not constructive criticism.

This entire thread is based on a formula. You seem to think it is ridiculous to even attempt such a thing. Why keep badgering about it? I understand that you think such an attempt is "stupid."
                      I made a comment, and you responded. I responded, and you did likewise.

I do think using formulas to rank something this subjective is dumb, but I didn't say so until you challenged me to creat my own formula.

My original point, which I stand by, is that you repeatedly ignore the pre-NCAA era because it would make the Gophers look better than the Sioux. If you continue to debate that, I will continue to respond.

Comment

My original point, which I stand by, is that you repeatedly ignore the pre-NCAA era because it would make the Gophers look better than the Sioux. If you continue to debate that, I will continue to respond.
                        Then why did I include the pre-NCAA era into the Greatest Programs of All-Time formula?
                        North Dakota

Comment

Then why did I include the pre-NCAA era into the Greatest Programs of All-Time formula?
                          I don't think you did. Because if you did, there is no way North Dakota would be ranked ahead of Minnesota.

Comment

I don't think you did. Because if you did, there is no way North Dakota would be ranked ahead of Minnesota.
                            I don't appreciate being called a liar.

Why is there "no way" that North Dakota could be ahead of Minnesota?
                            North Dakota

Comment

I don't appreciate being called a liar.

Why is there "no way" that North Dakota could be ahead of Minnesota?
                              We have as many National Championships. Though, I could understand giving the Gophers only partial credit for their shared title in 1929. And there are very few teams that Minnesota doesn't have a winning record against (including North Dakota).

Comment

Any idea on when # 18 is coming out?

It will be refreshing to discuss the teams on the list and their relative merits, rather than kvetch why, in a thread that is titled "the top 25 teams of the NCAA era" why teams from before the NCAA era started are not included.

[snarky comment about reading comprehension or lack thereof and speculation as to reason.... redacted]
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X