X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Any idea on when # 18 is coming out?

It will be refreshing to discuss the teams on the list and their relative merits, rather than kvetch why, in a thread that is titled "the top 25 teams of the NCAA era" why teams from before the NCAA era started are not included.

[snarky comment about reading comprehension or lack thereof and speculation as to reason.... redacted]
    It is what it is. I have no idea when it is coming out, but I would think that it would be sometime in the next few days. I've submitted all the way through #11. I was told a few weeks ago that they were planning on doing the top 10 as a 1/week type thing, so perhaps they decided to start that now. I think they are trying to maximize traffic to the site, as I know they are struggling a bit financially. I told them to put a paypal donate button on there, but they don't think they would get much of anything that way, and they are trying to get traffic so that they can sell ads on the site (which I told them not to do). We'll see what happens.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Any idea on when # 18 is coming out?

It will be refreshing to discuss the teams on the list and their relative merits, rather than kvetch why, in a thread that is titled "the top 25 teams of the NCAA era" why teams from before the NCAA era started are not included.

[snarky comment about reading comprehension or lack thereof and speculation as to reason.... redacted]
      FS23 and I have since worked out our differences and I have already retracted my criticism of his objectivity. Though, I must point out again, my criticism never really focused on this thread specifically, so the title of the thread always was insignificant to the discussion. Thanks for pointing that out though
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-02-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Well, ask and you shall receive.

#18 is now out!
        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

#18 is now out!
          thanks. At this rate it looks like we'll see the number one team around the end of February, eh?

I know they are hoping to increase traffic....I do like your 'tip jar' suggestion.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

thanks. At this rate it looks like we'll see the number one team around the end of February, eh?

I know they are hoping to increase traffic....I do like your 'tip jar' suggestion.
            I told them to put a donate button and then something along the lines of "please help us keep our site ad free." We'll see if it happens because I hate advertisements.

I've also suggested that when it gets to the top 5 or top 10 to release them all at once, but that got shot down pretty quickly. I've strongly suggested to release at least #1 and #2 on the same day because otherwise it will be anti-climatic waiting for #1. We'll see.
            North Dakota

Comment

And now I see that they now have a paypal button on the site.
              North Dakota

Comment

BTW, here were the point rankings from the last few...

#18 - 200.2265
                #19 - 197.7472
                North Dakota

Comment

#18 - 200.2265
                  #19 - 197.7472
                  Love the concept, but feel free to mix in a paragraph or 12 in those recaps. Pretty tough to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Love the concept, but feel free to mix in a paragraph or 12 in those recaps. Pretty tough to read.
                    I submit them in paragraph form. The web guy uploads them that way. I'll let them know that I'm not the only one who thinks it looks weird.
                    North Dakota

Comment

#18 is now out!
                      That's arguably the best Gopher team ever and they came in at 18. I'd be very surprised if another Gopher team shows up.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thanks. I have recorded your point totals for 18, 19, and 21 - 25, but for some reason I don't have your point total for # 20 2000-2001 Boston College.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Thanks. I have recorded your point totals for 18, 19, and 21 - 25, but for some reason I don't have your point total for # 20 2000-2001 Boston College.
                          I'll make sure and post their totals when I get to my other computer that has the formula on it.

Also, it appears that Friday is going to be the normal day for releasing teams, so look out tomorrow for #17.
                          North Dakota

Comment

#20 earned 192.217 points.
                            North Dakota

Comment

#20 earned 192.217 points.
                              Thank you. earlier in this thread, you had suggested that teams within 5 points of each other effectively were "tied" given the plus-minus factor. given that criteria, if this were scored like golf, so far at least, the last six teams on the list, # 20 through # 25 inclusive, effectively would all be tied for # 20....though that might be adjusted somewhat as the rest of the scores are posted.

Comment

Thank you. earlier in this thread, you had suggested that teams within 5 points of each other effectively were "tied" given the plus-minus factor. given that criteria, if this were scored like golf, so far at least, the last six teams on the list, # 20 through # 25 inclusive, effectively would all be tied for # 20....though that might be adjusted somewhat as the rest of the scores are posted.
                                Yeah, 5 was just a pure guess without looking at it statistically. Given that, it's important to remember these are the best of the best. When you think that over the past 60+ years of NCAA era hockey there have been probably in the neighborhood of 3-4,000 teams, you are looking at the top half percent of all the teams that have played in the era.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X