Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Drunkard

Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Iím jumping on this thread hella late, and the domain from FS23ís earlier posts is kaput. Iíve yet to comb through all of the replies for other links.

FS23: Did you plop any of the write ups for the top teams anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Iím jumping on this thread hella late, and the domain from FS23ís earlier posts is kaput. Iíve yet to comb through all of the replies for other links.

Unfortunately, I think they are lost in the infinite internet tubes. I will boot up my old computer when I get a chance and see if I can find anything. However, I believe in my previous attempts I couldn't locate them. It's too bad...I spent a lot of time researching and drafting those write-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    #459 - Michigan - 56.7406 Points

The Wolverines came just short of this season's national champion Minnesota Duluth, and finished just ahead of the 1994-1995 New Hampshire squad. Michigan went 7-10-0 against NCAA Tournament competition, and was 7-7-3 in one-goal games. Their inability to dominate in close games was ultimately their downfall, as they fell in the closing seconds against Notre Dame in the National Semifinals.
    While that is not an excellent ranking I'll take it. It's pretty safe to say that every Michigan fan was not expecting anything from the team this year. Just making the tournament far exceeded our expectations but to make The Frozen Four was astonishing. I know that I was more than thrilled with their performance in the second-half of the year. I wasn't even deathly depressed after we lost to notre dame (and the heartbreaking way we did) in the National Semi-Final.

This years Michigan team doesn't deserve an elite ranking but I'm still very proud of them.
    Last edited by UMICH; 04-24-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Hey, what do you know? This post was about Michigan and it was my post #1,817 (Michigan was founded in 1817).
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I think they are lost in the infinite internet tubes. I will boot up my old computer when I get a chance and see if I can find anything. However, I believe in my previous attempts I couldn't locate them. It's too bad...I spent a lot of time researching and drafting those write-ups.
    What a bummer.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Sadly it does not appear that the Wayback Machine caught the actual team writeups...if FS23 does have them, I'm more than willing to host them on THG's site.
    Here is the list of top 25 teams back in 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20130122...est-Teams.html
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have anything. I sent an email to the guys who ran the College Hockey Weekly site, and they didn't keep anything either.

Perhaps someday I will recreate them (or attempt to recreate them).
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have anything. I sent an email to the guys who ran the College Hockey Weekly site, and they didn't keep anything either.

Perhaps someday I will recreate them (or attempt to recreate them).
    I was researching online and I came across another webpage capture site: archive.today. Unfortunately, it only had one of FS23's write ups, the #15 1966-67 Cornell Big Red. I assume that the page will be there "forever," but anyone interested may want to save it.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Sadly it does not appear that the Wayback Machine caught the actual team writeups...if FS23 does have them, I'm more than willing to host them on THG's site.
    Here is the list of top 25 teams back in 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20130122...est-Teams.html
    Yes, all the team writeup links on the list are dead. But there is ONE that survived >> HERE

Aaron Broten's 106 points and 47 goals are still amongst the most ever scored in Minnesota history. Neal Broten took home the first ever Hobey Baker Award, and the Broten-Broten-Erickson line may have been the greatest line that ever played. One thing is for certain, this Gopher squad was one of the greatest college hockey teams of all-time.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Yes, all the team writeup links on the list are dead. But there is ONE that survived >> HERE
    Actually that makes two. Only 23 more to find.

Sean

Thread Information