This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This Week in Hockey East

So what is the scenario for any of the HE playoff teams to advance out of HE to play in final 8? I think the HE Championship Tournament winner gets an auto bid right? Has anyone looked at the scenarios if UNH, Maine, PC, BU, BC or NU win and the effect on others?

Having just watched NU's goalie against PC she is a beast and it will be interesting to see if anyone can solve her. Can't believe how well she plays in all of her oversized equipment - great athlete.

Comment

Schelling is to Northeastern what Schauss was for BC...she is spectacular and with the Huskies speedand prowess, if they protect their zone, they could win it all....so say I, imho that is!
      Anyone but us UNH Homeys willing to pick the Wildcats upsetting BU?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        Anyone but us UNH Homeys willing to pick the Wildcats upsetting BU?
        BU is so hard to figure from one game to the next, that anything is possible. The Wildcats showed signs of life against Maine, but prior to that, they hadn't been playing very well. Does your team have another gear? I'd imagine that the Terriers will be flying next weekend and you'll get the "good" BU, the team that showed up in the Beanpot and will not be easily beaten.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I just finished Emailing B-Mac about ways we can practice this week to find more offense...I think that will be key...we obviously have to protect our zone but if you saw the Maine games we need to have better offensive prowess....we had Sperry's number earlier so we'll see.....Gilligan is more then able to steal a game for us, if we can get enough goals for her.....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
            have to give nu their props for winning the regular season competition. congrats.
            Absolutely. They were the most consistent team throughout the regular season, and it paid off.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              I just finished Emailing B-Mac about ways we can practice this week to find more offense...I think that will be key...we obviously have to protect our zone but if you saw the Maine games we need to have better offensive prowess....we had Sperry's number earlier so we'll see.....Gilligan is more then able to steal a game for us, if we can get enough goals for her.....
              So UNH plays BU in a one shot deal and the winner moves on and the loser is out...is that correct? If so, BU should be very concerned and UNH should go in with confidence and the potential to pull off a big win. Afterall, just about every one is likely counting them out. Solid goaltending for UNH is going to be crucial and they gotta find a way to score some goals!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Boy View Post
                So UNH plays BU in a one shot deal and the winner moves on and the loser is out...is that correct? If so, BU should be very concerned and UNH should go in with confidence and the potential to pull off a big win. Afterall, just about every one is likely counting them out. Solid goaltending for UNH is going to be crucial and they gotta find a way to score some goals!!!
                UNH actually plays BU pretty well at Walter Brown. Ti Lavoie is on a hot streak, but some others will have to generate pressure and shots to get at Sperry. And yes, goaltending had best be flawless. I'm looking forward to the game, and hope we have a big crowd in town.
                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  UNH actually plays BU pretty well at Walter Brown. Ti Lavoie is on a hot streak, but some others will have to generate pressure and shots to get at Sperry. And yes, goaltending had best be flawless. I'm looking forward to the game, and hope we have a big crowd in town.
                  Any chance HEA students get free tickets? Unfortunately I have to root for bu. (shoot me now)

Comment

Okay, so I will take the first shot...

Sat 02/25/12 Maine at Providence2:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal
                    Sun 02/26/12 New Hampshire at Boston University 3:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal

Sat 03/03/12 Providence vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                    Sat 03/03/12 Boston University vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Northeastern vs Boston University from the 2nd game 1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)

Comment

Sun 02/26/12 New Hampshire at Boston University 3:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal

Sat 03/03/12 UNH vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                      Sat 03/03/12 Providence vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Northeastern vs Providence from the 2nd game 1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post

Sat 03/03/12 UNH vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                        Sat 03/03/12 Providence vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Northeastern vs Providence from the 2nd game 1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)
                        joe, which team might you be pulling for?
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Sat 02/25/12 Maine at Providence 2:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal
                          Sun 02/26/12 New Hampshire at Boston University 3:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal *

Sat 03/03/12 [New Hampshire (if they win) or Maine/Providence] vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                          Sat 03/03/12 [Boston University or Maine/Providence (if UNH wins)] vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Boston College vs Northeastern 1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)

* I am hoping that I lose a lot of points, beginning right here!
                          Last edited by DC78-82; 02-22-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Sat 03/03/12 [Maine vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                            Sat 03/03/12 [Boston University vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Northeastern vs Boston University Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)

Comment

Sun 02/26/12 New Hampshire at Boston University 3:00 p.m. Hockey East Quarterfinal *

Sat 03/03/12 [New Hampshire (if they win) or Maine/Providence] vs Northeastern 12:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)
                              Sat 03/03/12 [Boston University or Maine/Providence (if UNH wins)] vs Boston College 3:30 p.m. Hockey East Semifinal (Hyannis, MA)

Sun 03/04/12 Boston College vs Northeastern 1:00 p.m. Hockey East Championship (Hyannis, MA)
                              "Keep your head up, and your stick on the ice."

Comment

Maine
                                UNH

NU
                                BC

BC
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X