Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1001

Thread: This Week in Hockey East

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    596

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    On my way to the UNH-BC scrum, and find it interesting how many of the above find BC unbeatable already......I'll be interested in watching the goal, because it was only Schauss who kept the Wildcats at length last year, and I beleive this year's team is much better, even 4 games in.....kudo's to the Eagles for beating the more hated Bulldogs but I tend to agree with DC and look for at least 2, maybe 3 points this weekend

  2. #42
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    find it interesting how many of the above find BC unbeatable already
    You aren't very good at this. According to you, lots of people think Northeastern is unbeatable too, then?
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-14-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  3. #43
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Fri 10/14/11 Boston College at New Hampshire
    Fri 10/14/11 Union at Northeastern
    Fri 10/14/11 Bemidji State at Maine
    Fri 10/14/11 Minnesota Duluth at Connecticut

    Sat 10/15/11 New Hampshire at Boston College
    Sat 10/15/11 Mercyhurst at Providence - Tie
    Sat 10/15/11 Quinnipiac at Northeastern
    Sat 10/15/11 Vermont at North Dakota
    Sat 10/15/11 Minnesota Duluth at Connecticut
    Sat 10/15/11 Union at Boston University
    Sat 10/15/11 Bemidji State at Maine 5:00 p.m. - Tie

    Sun 10/16/11 Mercyhurst at Providence
    Sun 10/16/11 Vermont at North Dakota
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  4. #44
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    18,505

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    You aren't very good at this. According to you, lots of people think Northeastern is unbeatable too, then?
    Well, you do, but then it is easier to pick them to win once the game is over. Did you know that they were going to struggle with Union, or are you still on your honeymoon?
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  5. #45
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Well, you do, but then it is easier to pick them to win once the game is over.
    I didn't even realize the game was at 3. Still don't know the score haha
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    are you still on your honeymoon?
    That's the week of the 24th
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  6. #46
    Vort Doen.....Heija Heija Heija OnMAA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,388

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    That's the week of the 24th
    Will you be late for that too

  7. #47
    Thanks For Practice.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Epping, NH
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Corinne Boyles doesn't rate a sign.

  8. #48
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by OnMAA View Post
    Will you be late for that too
    I sure hope not; Disney is expensive!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    596

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    I'll give Boyles credit for having a good game....she was only beaten on the 5 hole when Horn shot on her shift which was a nice play.....overall Gilligan stole the tie for UNH...BC was the better prepared team, which says alot for playing the harder schedule to begin the season....once UNH started to skate, BC backed off enough to have an even game but again it was Gilligan who was the difference....BC had many more grade A scoring chances.....also I think King should put Fpaltzer (14) up at forward, she is a good player.....today's rematch will have Minton in net which will be a tough assignment for her....I think both teams will be suggish and sloppy, which benefits BC as the more experienced team right now.....a good effort for the Wildcats last night....."today is promised to no one"

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    251

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    excellent recap. bc's achilles heel will be scoring goals and last evening was a case in point. unh goalie made some excellent saves to keep unh in it, but bc really needs to bear down and begin putting the puck in the net. too many skilled players on the front line to have just 2, 3 and 1 goal in their first 3 games. recognize it is still a little early, but bc goaltending has been better than anticipated, defense has been pretty solid; it's not up to the O. also, unh looked much more lively than last year. seems that some of the changes and new recruits have added some needed energy. still predict 2 points for bc today.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    I'll give Boyles credit for having a good game....she was only beaten on the 5 hole when Horn shot on her shift which was a nice play.....overall Gilligan stole the tie for UNH...BC was the better prepared team, which says alot for playing the harder schedule to begin the season....once UNH started to skate, BC backed off enough to have an even game but again it was Gilligan who was the difference....BC had many more grade A scoring chances.....also I think King should put Fpaltzer (14) up at forward, she is a good player.....today's rematch will have Minton in net which will be a tough assignment for her....I think both teams will be suggish and sloppy, which benefits BC as the more experienced team right now.....a good effort for the Wildcats last night....."today is promised to no one"

  11. #51
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    bc unbeatable already......
    UNBEATABLE!

    Truth.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    543

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    BC looked really good in that win over UNH. I think they might be the fastest team in the league this year. Boyles looking like a worthy successor to Schaus.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    596

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    it is fascinating how things can be so easily taken out of context these days....)
    I hope that the men can roast some Eagle tonight or else it will have been a turkey weekend come early for sure.....yes, when it comes to BC eagles equal turkeys.....

  14. #54
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    6,939

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    it is fascinating how things can be so easily taken out of context these days....)
    I hope that the men can roast some Eagle tonight or else it will have been a turkey weekend come early for sure.....yes, when it comes to BC eagles equal turkeys.....
    Do you like apples?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    BC Interruption Hockey Writer
    Twitter: @Salzano14

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    596

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Your weekend Tony....congrats for a maroon and gold triumph....I'm glad I know the Joe Mullens', Tom Songis' and Paul Skidmores of BC past otherwise I REALLY could see myself hating you guys....)

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    558

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Mattj711 picks right back up with his winning form from last year!! Almost 100% Of course, I guess a special congrats is due to Hux for being the only one to get the UNH BC tie correct!

    mattj711 ................12.......92%
    NUWH Doghouse.......10.......77%
    gc2........................10.......77%
    scrambledlegs............9.......69%
    HockeyTeacher..........9.......69%
    Hockeyfan 111...........9.......69%
    Slewfoot...................9.......69%
    OnMAA.....................8.......62%
    Trillium.....................8........62%
    TTT20.....................8........62%
    DC..........................8........62%
    Hux........................8.........62%
    bleedblue.................8........62%
    Joe Hockey...............7........54%

  17. #57
    The Voice From Above
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    362

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Too much faith in Maine it seems.

  18. #58
    Disgruntled Poster brookyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Recliner, usually
    Posts
    24,845

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Sat 10/15/11 Union at Boston University


    Quote Originally Posted by scrambledlegs View Post
    TTT20.....................8........62%
    I think he threw one.
    MINNESOTA HOCKEY

    Blowing up the Beaver dam!

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    260

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by scrambledlegs View Post
    Mattj711 picks right back up with his winning form from last year!! Almost 100% Of course, I guess a special congrats is due to Hux for being the only one to get the UNH BC tie correct!

    mattj711 ................12.......92%
    NUWH Doghouse.......10.......77%
    gc2........................10.......77%
    scrambledlegs............9.......69%
    HockeyTeacher..........9.......69%
    Hockeyfan 111...........9.......69%
    Slewfoot...................9.......69%
    OnMAA.....................8.......62%
    Trillium.....................8........62%
    TTT20.....................8........62%
    DC..........................8........62%
    Hux........................8.........62%
    bleedblue.................8........62%
    Joe Hockey...............7........54%
    Didn't I have 10??

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    558

    Re: This Week in Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by SlewFoot View Post
    Didn't I have 10??
    Apologies..correct tally is below

    mattj711 ................12.......92%
    NUWH Doghouse.......10.......77%
    gc2........................10.......77%
    Slewfoot.................10.......77%
    scrambledlegs............9.......69%
    HockeyTeacher..........9.......69%
    Hockeyfan 111...........9.......69%
    OnMAA.....................8.......62%
    Trillium.....................8........62%
    TTT20.....................8........62%
    DC..........................8........62%
    Hux........................8.........62%
    bleedblue.................8........62%
    Joe Hockey...............7........54%

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •