This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This Week in Hockey East

Thank god the first half of the season is over for BU. They really need a break right now to regroup and get healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
      Northeastern ahead of BU 3 - 0 at the second intermission. BU looking flat again.
      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I thought they woke up and looked competitive for about 8 minutes in the middle of the second period, but that was one sorry 5-on-3. At a certain point, you have to quit worrying about who is out with injury and those on the ice have to go out and play better.
      Wasn't this team regarded as having a lot of depth? The lineup on collegehockeystats gives me that distinct impression. Are key, healthy players underachieving?
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Wasn't this team regarded as having a lot of depth? The lineup on collegehockeystats gives me that distinct impression. Are key, healthy players underachieving?
        I think this team has a large talent gap. Some really top notch players and than some not so great players. Not too many players falling in between. But yes, even without the players that are injured, I think the team can do a lot better than they have been so to that extent, there is definitely some underachieving. The D corps seems to have take a major step back despite losing only one player (albeit an Olympian).

But to the team's credit, I don't think any of their losses have been to bad teams. They have two losses to Cornell and Wisconsin which I think is fine. We would've been hard pressed to grab one win with a healthy line up against those two. A loss each to BC, PC and North Dakota. All very good teams. My only gripe is losing two to Northeastern. I think we should've been able to pull out at least one win. But yea.., NU has a ridiculous goalie and very good depth. What can you do.

Just hope the team is able to get healthy over the break. Start finalizing lines and blaze through the second half.

Comment

NU stepped on the gas to start and just outplayed bu. There were a few stretches bu was showing some life but there wasn't much doubt. The PK for NU has been awesome.

TTT must be loving this right now with bu 1-5 in there last 6.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
            TTT must be loving this right now with bu 1-5 in there last 6.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              That would be an understatement. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them were skating sick last night though, as the "bug" seems to be going around.

Comment

Must have never played the Game? Playing sick or have a Bug ?? poor excuse ( 2 losses in 7 days?)

Most Athletes will excel when under the weather .. they have a tendency to over compensate there play
                because they know that they are not feeling well..

It just gets tough when a team rely on just one strong player to carry the team ? You have to coach and
                improve all your players from start to finish and then other players can learn to step up..

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey it's only a Game View Post
                  Must have never played the Game? Playing sick or have a Bug ?? poor excuse ( 2 losses in 7 days?)

Most Athletes will excel when under the weather .. they have a tendency to over compensate there play
                  because they know that they are not feeling well..

It just gets tough when a team rely on just one strong player to carry the team ? You have to coach and
                  improve all your players from start to finish and then other players can learn to step up..
                  yeah, ok pal....I'm sure there are plenty of athletes that "excel" when they are running a temp, are congested, and hurling. What a moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                    NU stepped on the gas to start and just outplayed bu. There were a few stretches bu was showing some life but there wasn't much doubt. The PK for NU has been awesome.
                    "h3ll hath no fury like a woman scorned" appeared to be a factor in 5 of the 6 NU goals!! You go, girl

Comment

From the NEHJ, piece on Genevieve LaCasse:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...providence.php

Comment

This week's WHEA Award Winners:

ATHLETIC REPUBLIC PLAYER OF THE WEEK
                        #5 ALEX CARPENTER, BOSTON COLLEGE
                        (Freshman Forward; North Reading, Mass.)
                        Carpenter registered two goals and an assist, with a +3 rating in a weekend split against No. 6 Mercyhurst. The center sealed BC's 4-2 victory on Friday, the first win over the Lakers since 2001, before serving up two points in Saturday's 3-2 overtime loss.

PRO AMBITIONS ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
                        #17 JENNA LASCELLE, NEW HAMPSHIRE
                        (Freshman Forward; Cornwall, Ont.)
                        Recorded her first career multiple-goal game with a hat trick against Dartmouth. Her even-strength goals gave the'Cats leads of 1-0 and 3-2, and her tally on a penalty shot tied the game, 4-4, early in the second period. Lascelle scored on her only three shots of the game and finished with an even rating in both of last week's games.

WHEA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
                        #41 FLORENCE SCHELLING, NORTHEASTERN
                        (Senior Goaltender; Oberengstringen, Switzerland)
                        Schelling stopped 29 of 30 shots (.967 save%) against No. 10 Boston University of Wednesday night at Matthews Arena.

WHEA TEAM OF THE WEEK
                        NORTHEASTERN HUSKIES
                        The Huskies won the only league game of the week by a 4-1 score on Wednesday vs. No. 10 ranked Boston University at Matthews Arena.

ARMY ROTC THREE STARS AWARD
                        At the conclusion of each Hockey East game, the " Army ROTC Three Stars of The Game" are selected. Here are the 2011-2012 season leaders to date:
                        Rk. Name Cl. Pos. School
                        1. Ashley Cottrell Sr. F PC
                        2. Corinne Boyles Jr. G BC
                        Corinne Buie So. F PC
                        Florence Schelling Sr. G NU
                        5. Nicole Paniccia So. G UC
                        Kayla Tutino Fr. F BU
                        Army ROTC

HOCKEY EAST WEEKLY TOP PERFORMERS

Corinne Boyles, BC (Jr., G, Wheaton, Ill.) Registered 73 saves and a .936 save percentage in a weekend split versus No. 6 Mercyhurst.

Kendall Coyne, NU (Fr., F, Palos Heights, Ill.) Notched three points (1g,2a) against Boston University.

Brittany Dougherty, Maine (Jr., F, Chesterfield, Mich.) Assisted on three out of the four goals scored in this weekend's two-game series vs. Union.

Jennifer More, Maine (Fr., F, Deloraine, Man.) Had an assist on the game-winning OT goal Friday and the game tying goal in Saturdays 2-2 draw.

Kylie Smith, Maine (Jr., G, Apple Valley, Minn.) Made 52 saves on 55 shots (.945 save%) in the two-game series against Union over the weekend.

Kerrin Sperry, BU (So., G, North Reading, Mass.) Stopped 26 shots on Wednesday against Northeastern.

Dawn Sullivan, Maine (Sr., F, Enfield, Nova Scotia) Scored the game-winning goal in overtime at Union in Friday's contest.

Kayla Tutino, BU (Fr., F, Lorraine, Que.) Scored her team-leading 11th goal of the season on Wednesday against Northeastern.

Ashley Motherwell, BC (Jr., F, St. Charles, Ill.) Scored a game-winning goal and had an assist in a split with No. 6 Mercyhurst.

Jackie Young, BC (So., D, Medford, Mass.) Posted her third multi-point game of the season with two assists in BC's 4-2 win over the Lakers.
                        space

Comment

Official release from Providence on the signing of 2012 recruits.

Five future Friars.

Comment

We still doing this? If so I'll take Dartmouth and Harvard tonight, if not oh well.

Comment

I'll throw up the list for this week with my picks

Tue 1/3/12 Harvard at UConn 7:00pm
                              Tue 1/3/12 Vermont at Dartmouth 7:00pm

Thu 1/5/12 Clarkson at Northeastern 3:00pm
                              Thu 1/5/12 St. Lawrence vs. BC (at Matthews) 7:00pm

Fri 1/6/12 Clarkson at BC 3:00pm
                              Fri 1/6/12 St. Lawrence at Northeastern 3:00pm
                              Fri 1/6/12 Robert Morris at Providence 7:00pm

Sat 1/7/12 Brown at UConn 1:00pm
                              Sat 1/7/12 Robert Morris at Providence 1:00pm

Comment

Originally posted by GC2 View Post
                                I'll throw up the list for this week with my
                                Thanks!! Too much eggnog!!

Tue 1/3/12 Harvard at UConn 7:00pm
                                Tue 1/3/12 Vermont at Dartmouth 7:00pm

Thu 1/5/12 Clarkson at Northeastern 3:00pm
                                Thu 1/5/12 St. Lawrence vs. BC (at Matthews) 7:00pm

Fri 1/6/12 Clarkson at BC 3:00pm
                                Fri 1/6/12 St. Lawrence at Northeastern 3:00pm
                                Fri 1/6/12 Robert Morris at Providence 7:00pm

Sat 1/7/12 Brown at UConn 1:00pm
                                Sat 1/7/12 Robert Morris at Providence 1:00pm Tie

Comment

Working...
                                X