Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State University Hockey 2011-2012 - A New Lease On Life

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You guys only blew this weekend, we blew the entire 2nd half of the season so who's collapse was worse?
    Yours. You had a whole season to play well and you didn't. FSU lost one series in the playoffs and should make the tourney

Well Hammer, you picked the right stick for the winner.
    Last edited by Biddco; 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Congrats to Bowling Green.

Now do something with your opportunity. God knows we sure didn't.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sorry, my friend, like you said last night, they are playing 80's run and gun hockey instead of the play that got them a regular season title.
        They'll have to regroup for the NCAA's. Stranger things have happened there.

Comment

It's not even that. We had them tonight. 3-0. We had them dead, buried, and we could have planted grass seed on the grave. And we didn't finish the job....

I knew we were in big trouble when Dom told us about the scoring chances right before BG's 2nd goal. I even said so in the score update thread. If we bury one of them, it's 4-1 there and it's done. Nope. Not us. And now here we are.

We're tied for 6th in the PWR as we sit here at 10 PM EDT. We're lucky to be there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Congrats to Bowling Green.

Now do something with your opportunity. God knows we sure didn't.
            Thank you! We have taken at least a point from every other team going to the Joe this season. The boys know that they can beat them! How they handle the atmosphere will be the key.

Comment

Yea, that was a crappy way to lose thats for sure. Ferris now has a couple weeks off before the tournament. Lets hope they can rekindle the magic that they had when they were undefeated in January and February.
              Nightfall
              Christopher Brian Dudek
              USCHO Photographer/Reporter 1998-2005
              http://www.nightfall.net

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Yours. You had a whole season to play well and you didn't. FSU lost one series in the playoffs and should make the tourney

Well Hammer, you picked the right stick for the winner.
                I know ours was worse. I was just trying to tell you guys it's a matter of perspective. You're all down for letting this one slip away but from our perspective you still aren't bad off and will make the NCAA's where redemption can be found.

Comment

After six years, it's only appropriate I leave my last game in Ewigleben disappointed. Team got super complacent, and played like total and utter garbage after the first period. I'm not sure they even deserve to be in the national tournament after that. Blowing a 3-0 lead is a choke job of epic proportions.

Comment

That's okay. In my last home game I watched Michigan beat us 7-1 and saw Kevin Hilton and Brendan Morrison go ham all night. I think Hilton had 6 points that night (and for once, I'm not exaggerating).

And I was looking forward to going down to the Joe and seeing this team play on Saturday, too. It would have been really nice to go down there, see some friends, have some drinks (well, maybe more than some ), be stress-free, and enjoy watching us play, knowing full well our ticket to the tournament was already punched.

Goddammit.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Indeed, the weekend was going to be one last thing of enjoyment before the slow drag to graduation.

Now what the hell am I going to do? Good thing March Madness starts up. That's at least something.

Comment

That's okay. In my last home game I watched Michigan beat us 7-1 and saw Kevin Hilton and Brendan Morrison go ham all night. I think Hilton had 6 points that night (and for once, I'm not exaggerating).

And I was looking forward to going down to the Joe and seeing this team play on Saturday, too. It would have been really nice to go down there, see some friends, have some drinks (well, maybe more than some ), be stress-free, and enjoy watching us play, knowing full well our ticket to the tournament was already punched.

Goddammit.
                        I don't think there's any scenario where Ferris gets left out.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                          I don't think there's any scenario where Ferris gets left out.
                          Oh, I know, but that's not the point. I really could have enjoyed next weekend watching this team play, and now that's not going to happen.

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is kinda how I feel right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4

Comment

When I said this:

I don't care if we win the CCHA. I don't care if we win the CCHA tournament at the Joe. I really don't care. Honestly. The (much) bigger prize is that NCAA tournament bid, as we found out a couple years ago. That's the one I want. Badly.
                              Tonight is NOT what I had in mind.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Boy. I was mad Friday night. Right now, I am just shocked beyond belief. That certainly is not the same Bowling Green team that Ferris saw several weeks ago, although BG was showing signs of a solid team during their last trip to Big Rapids. Coach Daniels even said "that is not a team we want to run into again." I tell you what, they are young and they are going to be good soon, if not next year, and I firmly believe they have as good of a shot as any of the remaining teams to win the CCHA tournament.

Certainly looked as if Ferris became complacent after the first period and was just playing to get to the end of the game. After Czarno went down, the whole pace of the game seemed to shift in BG's favor. Disgusting effort after the first period, in my opinion, but I was just a spectator. What do I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X