Ferris State University Hockey 2011-2012 - A New Lease On Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State University Hockey 2011-2012 - A New Lease On Life

Congrats to Ferris State, you guys played a great game.

Comment

Great season, FSU. Showed a lot more tenacity and resolve than Minnesota did. Best of luck in the future!
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        *looks around*

*takes a deep breath*

So this is how it ends, huh?

Okay. I can live with this.

Preseason 9th in the CCHA. Zero draft picks. And yet we went toe to toe with the best team in the country for 57 minutes before they put us away.

We played our asses off. We just got beat by a really good team. If Boston College isn't on the other side of the bracket, there's a really good chance we're winning the whole thing, and that's unfathomable.

So congrats to BC, and for us, this might be once in a lifetime moment for our program. Let's enjoy this. Don't cry because it ended the way it did. Smile because it happened.

No regrets whatsoever, boys. Well done.
        Couldn't be said any better.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

*looks around*

*takes a deep breath*

Preseason 9th in the CCHA. Zero draft picks. And yet we went toe to toe with the best team in the country for 57 minutes before they put us away.

We played our asses off. We just got beat by a really good team. If Boston College isn't on the other side of the bracket, there's a really good chance we're winning the whole thing, and that's unfathomable.

So congrats to BC, and for us, this might be once in a lifetime moment for our program. Let's enjoy this. Don't cry because it ended the way it did. Smile because it happened.

Absolutely. What a special year. It's been a heck of a ride.

Comment

Very impressed by your team. A great season for you Bulldogs.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Congrats on a fantastic season. You guys were awesome to cheer for. Looking forward to having you guys join the WCHA.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

*looks around*

*takes a deep breath*

This. Absolutely.

Right now this hurts, it hurts to know our boys played with everything they had and still came away with the loss. But in the end I don't think that that's what we'll remember. We'll remember how we were the runner up in the NCAA tournament and played at the same level as the best team in the country.

FSU!

Comment

Congrats guys. I remember watching the pair of games you had against RPI at the beginning of the year and despite getting shut-out twice, making fun of your announcer's repeated saying of "Nationally Ranked RPI". I guess when we take the pair against you next year, it will be "National Runner-Up Ferris State." You guys did awesome and came so close.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Way to hang in there Ferris..

National Runner Up & what a gutsy performance..
                    well played and very impressed by your team.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

*looks around*

*takes a deep breath*

This is a great post. My only arguement would be the "once in a lifetime" thing. Make it more than that. You guys belong! Congrats to all of you at Ferris State.
                      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Way to hang in there Ferris..

National Runner Up & what a gutsy performance..
                        well played and very impressed by your team.
                        the runner up trophy is still better than what everybody else did this year save for bc. You was playing with house money and letting it ride.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Very proud of the bulldogs!!!! Had a better shot with czar in there for the third, hopefully he is alright it looked pretty nasty, but we fought hard.

York is my new favorite coach (next to Bob of course) !!! Giving a shout to the opposing team before your championship trophy interview. pretty classy!!!!

Congrats on a great season Bulldogs!!!!!

CW

Comment

I'm an NMU Wildcats fan. In hockey, I'm not a Broncos, Huskies, Lakers, or Spartans fan and certainly not a Wolverines fan. But, second to the Wildcats, from now on, I'll be rooting for the Bulldogs.

Thanks for an exciting run during the NCAA Division I Men's Hockey Championship! Ferris State had much of West Michigan and beyond talking about college hockey and pulling for the team all the way.

You did the CCHA, GLIAC and the soon to be teams of the nWCHA proud. I hope Ferris hockey stays strong.

Remember, the 2013 West Regional is in Grand Rapids next year. Something to set your sights on.
                            Last edited by aygwm2; 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM.
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Great game by a great team with even greater fans. you guys were tremendous tonight on and off the ice. Congrats and yes, you do belong

Comment

Runner-up gets a banner. One that people should be proud of forever.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X