This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Actually, I think at this point, Cornell wants Colgate to lose their next 3 straight and drop below .500 in RPI (if possible - not sure if it is) so they're not a TUC. All things being equal, I'd gladly take the 2 seed in the ECAC tourney if it meant moving up to a 2 seed for the NCAA tourney.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      All things being equal, I'd gladly take the 2 seed in the ECAC tourney if it meant moving up to a 2 seed for the NCAA tourney.
      Is there that much of a difference between a 2 and a 3 seed in the NCAAs?

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
        Wish we could have taken care of business instead of needing help.
        We can still take care of business tonight! Any result that is NOT a loss gives us a weekend off. I'm sure energy is flying high tonight. We're capable of defeating nationally ranked teams, and we're capable of defeating Union (see last yr's playoffs).

Let's go 'Gate! Win one for our seniors!
        Colgate '09

Comment

If I'm right, somehow all of the results of tonight kept 'Gate in 4th place.

That said, based upon the results of the last two weekends it's difficult to remain optimistic.

Comment

Well, we get a first round bye ! Weird.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Let's hope the week off helps the team work some things out as I am not looking forward to seeing Q-Pac if they can beat Brown. I was at the game in Hamden, and they drilled us. And will Bourdon be suspended for Game #1 for his game misconduct tonight? That sure won't help.

Comment

Game misconduct means ejected for THAT game. It is NOT a game disqualification, so unless the league decides to intervene, Bourdon will be able to play. Of course, they decided to suspend Wagner several days after his hit back in December...

Somehow, we managed to hold onto 4th. Hopefully the weekend off will allow us to regroup and get our bearings straightened out.
                Colgate '09

Comment

(whoops -- double post)
                  Last edited by Rainman; 02-26-2012, 09:38 AM.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Should we be worried about our goaltending?

Comment

Absolutely !

Comment

That's not good Shabby.

Comment

In a bit of good news, Austin Smith scored the most goals in league play in the last 20 years.

Also, when looking at the league stats I saw that both Price and Goulakos ended up in the Top 10 d-man scoring in the league scoring . . . but were each minus players. BUT Larkin finished in the Top 10 in the league in +/- at +12. Food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                            Is there that much of a difference between a 2 and a 3 seed in the NCAAs?
                            I definitely think so. A 3-seed could end up facing the 5th best team in the country, whereas a 2-seed could get the 12th place team. There's usually a pretty demonstrable gap between the quality of 5 and 12. Also, 2-seed is the home team for the first game, allowing for better line matchups, etc.

Alas, Cornell could not take care of business so it's a moot point now. Cornell probably need a championship in Atlantic City to make the tournament now, but might be able to sneak in if they beat the right team (a TUC) in the consolation.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Love the bye. Think that works to our benefit this year, especially the way the last 4 games went, just like starting over. Just have to win 2 of the next 3, all at home, I like that. Then win 2 at a neutral site and we're off to the NCAA's. Nice promotions in the rink over the weekend for Austin and the Hobey Baker and Wags for All American, nice job by the SID office.
                              The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

New season starts NOW ! Forget the last two weeks, heal up, get ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X