X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2011-12

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Where you guys seeing tenth place, even though it doesn't surprise me !
    The coaches and the media poll both have Colgate listed as 10. https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...h-in-coaches-/

Comment

Off topic: Did the Yanks roll over last night vs. the Rays? Geeesh! Pathetic! How about the Braves blowing it? What an ending to the season.

OK, back to hockey: yeah, I don't know what the coaches and media are smoking, but I think they got it way wrong.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Off topic: Did the Yanks roll over last night vs. the Rays? Geeesh! Pathetic! How about the Braves blowing it? What an ending to the season.
        As a Sox fan, I'm swirling in the seventh circle of hell.

Comment

I'm a Braves fan !!!!!!!!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
            Don't even get started on that topic. The Red Sox rolled over vs. the Orioles and blew it as well.

Originally posted by Gotter View Post
            As a Sox fan, I'm swirling in the seventh circle of hell.
            I feel your pain, Gotter. I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan, went to three games at Fenway this past season, and saw three losses.

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I'm a Braves fan !!!!!!!!
            See above Shabby. We're both in the same boat when it comes to frustration right now.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Wow. Already through one page. Can we make it to part II earlier this year? I'm gonna blame last year's regular season on the botched attempt at a first thread by someone that wasn't Shabby. That messed up our mojo. Looking forward to a strong start this Saturday.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I know it's only a scrimmage tomorrow, but I want to see line combinations for this year. No broadcast, anyone going over?

One area we have to improve on is the PP. I don't possibly see how we could be worse than last year. I'm predicting at least 15 more power play goals than last year-on the low end. That will create a couple of extra wins for us right off the bat. We were at 13.7 percent last year, 29 for 211. Another stat we have to improve on is the one goal game stat. We were 4-11 last year in one goal games.
                The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                  Wow. Already through one page. Can we make it to part II earlier this year?
                  Considering that Board isn't currently closing threads when they reach 1000 replies, probably not.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post
                    I know it's only a scrimmage tomorrow, but I want to see line combinations for this year. No broadcast, anyone going over?

One area we have to improve on is the PP. I don't possibly see how we could be worse than last year. I'm predicting at least 15 more power play goals than last year-on the low end. That will create a couple of extra wins for us right off the bat. We were at 13.7 percent last year, 29 for 211. Another stat we have to improve on is the one goal game stat. We were 4-11 last year in one goal games.
                    I like your optimism Gaterrooter, but seeing is believing this year. Taking nothing for granted and no predictions.

Gotter, vis-a-vis Sox: I feel your pain

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post

Mihalik is a sophomore this year and more experienced. That should help in the one-goal game dept.
                      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Amen !!

Comment

Anybody make it to the scrimmage last night?
                          The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

I did and almost wish I didn't. Blew a three goal lead, had sixteen penalties, almost got out of control with the chippiness. At one point after a scrum, Kotyra talked to both benches as if to tell them this is an exhibition so keep it in perspective. Carleton not a bad team at all, some very good skaters, bigger forwards, we have not much size upfront. Lidgett and Wilson looked good, but small. Mihalik was great, it was Vaughan's first practice with the team, October 1 by NCAA rules. I wouldn't take too much out of this game.

Comment

Sorry to get this report Shabby. Guess we can be happy with the Fordham game however.

Comment

Hey Colgate folks! I'm planning on driving up with another young Miami alum for the games on the 14th and 15th. We've never been up to Hamilton and there seems to be a dearth of hotel options... any suggestions for a place to stay in or remotely close to town that weekend?
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X