X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Congrats to Coach Vaughan on #300

Nice to see them get the win and open the conference slate strong. Second all the comments on Smith, what a season so far. Still too many penalties, and against Yale that could be a problem

Let's go for #301
    ECAC Champions: 1990
    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Great point you brought up about Mihalik, Gater, very positive and makes me feel better.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Icing on the cake when your OOC opponents go 5-0-2 on the night.

If Bartliff can get back soon this team could be a real threat - ton of goals from Smith but production from nearly everyone - seems like a particularly productive year so far for the D-Men.

Comment on the radio last night made it sound like Bessette has left team. Anyone know if that's true? Always hate to see someone leave but I can see not wanting to spend one's senior year riding pine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
          Icing on the cake when your OOC opponents go 5-0-2 on the night.

If Bartliff can get back soon this team could be a real threat - ton of goals from Smith but production from nearly everyone - seems like a particularly productive year so far for the D-Men.

Comment on the radio last night made it sound like Bessette has left team. Anyone know if that's true? Always hate to see someone leave but I can see not wanting to spend one's senior year riding pine.
          He's still on the team however he's out with an injury and possibly will not play this year.

Comment

Coach just told me Bartliff's out a couple more weeks as is Rivillini.(Not disclosing the injuries)

Comment

Well, we got a split. Guess that's about what we should expect on the road with these two teams, this early in the season, but it would have been nice to come away with 3 pts. Have to get back at the Eli in our barn..
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I just got back from New Haven. I really like Ingalls Rink, it's a great atmosphere ... even though we lost

But you win some, you lose some. Satisfied with the road split, but it just doesn't feel great when you lose the 2nd game. Worse when there's nothing to cheer for, making the drive back home long and bitter

That said, Mihalik looked a lot better tonight than last night. He was probably our best player on the ice.

Also, it's still early. Seven ECAC teams went 1-1 on the weekend. 'Gate, Cornell, Brown, and Yale all took 2 pts from each other. And the defending Stanley Cup champs roughed up Ben Scrivens tonight
                Colgate '09

Comment

Looks like we could have won, we outshot Yale 15-4 in the second and 39-22 for the game. Anybody see the game...rainman ?

Comment

Shutout by Yale again. Yikes. Not "losing to Lafayette" bad, but still disappointing

Oh well, I'll take a split on the road to open the year
                    ECAC Champions: 1990
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                    Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Anybody see the game...rainman ?
                      My above post pretty much sums it up. But I'll also add that a lot of bounces weren't going either team's way. Yale definitely took more than 22 shots. Many of them didn't "count" because they went wide. Some went high. We just happened to get the "tough luck" end of it. Mihalik stopped a breakaway in the 2nd and stood on his head for a portion of the 3rd.

As for outshooting Yale 15-4 in the 2nd period, that seemed a bit lopsided. The shots (from my point of view) looked a bit more even to me.

But we got the road split. That's better than nothing.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Crying in my beer over that loss to Lafayette. Hope Bartliff and Rivillini get suited up soon. Injuries are like the plague around here.

Starting off with league games on the road against tough opponents is never easy. Glad our trip to Yale is over but need to return the favor in Hamilton. Win #301 next weekend for sure.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Saw the game at The Whale...a great atmosphere for college hockey and wish we could create some of that at Starr...SOG were very misleading with Yale having a definite edge on quality chances...Elis did a good job on channeling our speed to the outside (from where a lot of shots originated) and they were very strong in front of their net...you can tell we miss Bartliff and, although from a puck possession standpoint we probably had an edge, only line #1 created scoring chances...a split's not bad, but we will need some help from second and third lines...sat with a bunch of Yalies and a BC grad...they were quite impressed with Jeremy Price...good to see him back...

Comment

Hello friends of Colgate Hockey,

I just wanted to touch base with all of the fan forums and blogs of the teams in the ECAC about Goals For Good. The site was launched late on Thursday, so it was tough to spread the word on short notice with two huge games being the focus. We still raised a little money for some great causes. Please check out http://www.goalsforgood.org to support Colgate hockey and Brendan's Fund. There's also a $1,000 bonus on the line going to the local food cupboard of the team that raises the most money.

Thank you for your help,
                            Kevin McNamara

Comment

I will say this, the boys were on the 2nd night of a road trip and we were in that game up until the end. We skated with Yale and matched there speed which is also a great sign. There is absolutely no quit in this team and you have to love that, very fun to watch them battle to the horn.

Mihalik is back. Very quiet in the crease and letting the play come to him, great to see.

Felt the puck luck wasn't going our way and some of the calls against us were definitely questionable. Scoring balance will come when Bartliff gets back, I also think it may be time to get Mayer back with Bourdon. They worked great together at the end of the year and into the playoffs last year.
                              The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

How would anyone characterize Yale compared to last year? Are they still the team to beat? Not the offensive power from last year...yet. Please tell me Arcobello (sp?) has graduated.

Still #18 in the poll. Every game seems more significant for the PWR than usual - lots of ECAC teams making some early noise and OOC opponents still on the schedule.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X