This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Ditto about the shift from last season. I love that we're not losing these. And very glad to see the PP kicking in tonight. Just still having heart palpitations that we've only won one game by more than a goal. A win is a win, but selfishly/anxiously/unrealistically I want to see these guys start pouring it on and dominating. Please talk me off the ledge, fellow 'gate fans!

Comment

Well, we asked for more balanced scoring...

Agreed that we seem to be on the right side of that thin line between winning and losing, which is a pleasant change for this year. Niagara's no slouch, in spite of their record, so I'll take the win. Austin Smith stays on fire, good times all around

Anyone know how Mihalik played? Saw he gave up the 6 goals, but how at fault was he? Good chance we see Evin tomorrow night?

Let's get Coach #300 tomorrow night

And BEAT LEHIGH!
      ECAC Champions: 1990
      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

A wins a win ! Austin Smith hell bent, four PP goals, Mayer with two, Wags threee assists, Michalik ?

UNO beating Wisco and now a TUC is tremendous for us, if only Miami would stop losing.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Really would love to see DV get his 300th win tonight, at home, on family weekend. It Didn't look like he would have the chance to do this, prior to league play, when looking at the first seven games on the schedule.
          The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

It sure is nice to see wins in these types of games.

I think the most positive thing (aside, obviously, from winning rather than losing nip and tuck affairs such as last night) is the scoring from secondary and perhaps even tertiary sources. Taking some of the stress of the top lines sure does help . . .

Comment

Good luck tonight guys! (I'm snowed out - will have to listen to GateRaider) Hope we have a good turnout for DV's 300th!
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

As I listened to the football broadcast this afternoon, I can say, without hesitation, that I am SO glad we have John broadcasting the hockey games.
                While I know full well that the intensity between the two sports is very different, John is AMAZING in his broadcast! A single commentarian, at a much faster pace, John is spot on. Thanks, John, for what you do for us who cannot be at every rink, albeit even Starr.............

Comment

Two goals in last six minutes of both games...2-1-1 against Atlantic Hockey...Miami is 3-7...let's not start congratulating ourselves on a good season quite yet...we need someone other than Austin Smith to get his nose dirty and go to the net...

Comment

You win some, you lose some. Yeah, Miami's 2-6, but the defending Stanley Cup champs are 3-7. It's early in the season. We already have 4 wins. Last year win #4 didn't happen until February.

Going into the weekend, I realistically thought we would split this home-and-home. And we did. I just didn't think it would be the road teams winning. While we couldn't solve a hot goaltender, our travel partners to the west lost to Mercyhurst. Things like this happen. Next week starts the REAL season.

Oh well. I guess Coach Vaughan will have to get #300 next weekend when I'm at the games in person!
                    Colgate '09

Comment

I just got home from the game....and I still don't understand why Niagara's first goal counted. How can you give credit for a goal, after you've already blown the whistle to stop play? I, along with those sitting near me, heard the whistle first (presumably because either he thought the puck was covered, or it was out of his sight), then saw the ref point to the goal and the goal light go on. If it happened in that order, shouldn't it be no goal?

Oh well, it is what it is. Now on to league play, first against Brown, who may be improving after their win over Princeton today. Let's just take care of business, and who knows where we could go.

Comment

Looking at the numbers, 43 shots definitely says we had our chances to take this one, but couldn't push anything through. Giving up 37 shots is far more distressing, and could really hurt against some of the higher-flying teams in the League (like, say, Yale, who we see Saturday)

Austin Smith on the scoreboard again, he could be having a really special season. Of course, if he doesn't get some help, that will be small consolation

PP went 1-5, now sitting at 22% on the year. Wouldn't mind being a bit better, though that's currently in the top half nationally. The PK at only 79% is much more worrisome

Tough loss, regroup, refocus, because here comes the ECAC schedule
                        ECAC Champions: 1990
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Just wanted to mention that Niagara is a good team. Union had to score in the last minute to tie them(ENG) and Air Force the same but they beat them in OT.

Also, we had numerous shots miss the net, we're fine.

Comment

You have until 7PM toknight to get your picks in or revise your picks in the ECAC Pick The Standings Contest.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

We need at least a split on the road this weekend. Brown is an up and coming team, anyone know how Bartliff is ?

Comment

Colgate's up and coming too. I think we'll get at least 3 points this weekend.

Cornell-Yale should be interesting Friday night. I don't know if anyone has a read on either team. Quinnipiac's off to a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X