X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    We're up to #13 in the USCHO rankings. Six of top 20 are ECAC teams with Cornell and Harvard on the bubble. When was the last time we were ranked ahead of BU? Gotta love it!
    Those are the INCH rankings, which don't really count.
    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

None of the rankings count for anything, just fun. Only the PWR (kinda) count, we're 8th currently, but even that isn't official. It supposedly mimics the selection process though it has been correct over the last few years.
      Last edited by sshablak; 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby, the pairwise is close to official, but at this time of year largely irrelevant.

One thing to take away from the RPI rankings is the strength of schedule which is a big contributor to power. As of today we are renked 6th in the country as far as strength of schedule goes. Having Ferris, Yale, Union, Cornell and Dartmouth twice, along with Merrimack once and the Vermont at Thanksgiving gives Gate a "control your own destiny" scenario. The wins over UNO and Miami are proving to be important as UNO keeps winning and if Miami starts winning.
        The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

I understand it's early, but hardly irrelevant. We don't play many quality OOC teams(compared to say Miami ND etc) but our wins are absolutely huge against UNO and Miami for "later".

Also, if you read, the PWR here on USCHO has nothing to do with the "Official Selection committee". Even though it has been correct in the past it is not "official criteria" used by the comitteee. Read the NCAA guidelines and you'l understand where I'm coming from.I agree with you on all else, very true. I'm afraid of our four first league games all away.
          Last edited by sshablak; 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Finally, some quality OOC wins that always elude us. They're huge and will carry us far. A win over Vermont at the Gut is a strong possibility; watched them get shellacked on tv at UM [other than 1 distinct season, was hoping they would be a stronger force in HE]. Great that we get 2 cracks at Cornell, Yale, Union, Ferris St...I'd take splits with all of them. This may be the year we finally break the Big Red Hex.

One game at a time. Hope some Raider fans show up at Niagara.
            We're #16!!! Good things do come in time.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

on a very sorry note, just noticed that Univ of Ala-Huntsville has dropped its hockey team to "club" status...very sad to see..have followed their program since we played them twice (away) some 25 years ago...I always root for underdogs and loved the way the program developed over many, many years...I'll go on their post, but I really think it's a shame and my strong guess is that administrative cowardice is at play here...condolences...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                We're up to #13 in the USCHO rankings. Six of top 20 are ECAC teams with Cornell and Harvard on the bubble. When was the last time we were ranked ahead of BU? Gotta love it!
                Gheeesh.....sorry I even brought this up. I just wanted to be transported to La-La Land for a minute. No more talk of rankings.

Sympathies to Ala-Huntsville. Sorry to see a program like this in the deep south go belly up
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate love the positive Poll talk. We've gone the last 5 years without any POLL talk at all. Saw they moved the start time on Saturday night to 8:00 PM at home because of parents weekend. Any guess as to what type of crowd we get for Saturday night?

Comment

With family weekend we might have a decent crowd there. Student side was pretty full but the reserved chairback sections were maybe half full against Miami. Season ticket holders are down.

Niagara tied Union last weekend and will give us all we can handle. Beat us twice last year.

Lehigh comin in at #7 nationally, Lum(qb) leads the nation in total offense and has thrown for 2600 yards and twenty six touchdowns, ouch !!!

Colskate you "did" make it to la la land. LOL
                    Last edited by sshablak; 10-26-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Heavy snow here! Will it level the playing field for LU-CU game? Hopefully more difficult for Lum to throw to his receivers.

Poor weekend *should not* keep parents, etc. away from Niagara game. Will be a big test for us, and deserving of a large turnout.

This old codger hopes to make it if Rte 20 is driveable..
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We played two tough games against Niagara last year. Last year we lost 4-2 on the road that was 3-2 in the final minute until an empty-netter iced it. The game at Starr we lost 4-3 in overtime. But this year's team is not last year's team. Every game this year (so far) we've found ourselves down a goal (or two) and battled back.

I'm positive we can sweep Niagara. But it'll require a full 100% team effort and a full 60 minutes on the ice.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Remember you only have until Nov 1 at 7PM to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Standings Contest
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Up 5-3 after 2. Let's finish this on the road and get home for tomorrow night. Grind it out boys.

Comment

HOLY COW! Not exactly grinding it out, but a W any way you slice it!!!

Comment

-Last season, tonight's game (and the Army game) would have been losses. Didn't tune in tonight but regardless of whatever the heck happened in the 3rd, we didn't fold.
                                -Last season, we found ways to lose games. This season (so far), we've found ways NOT to lose games.

Back in front of the home crowd tomorrow night. Let's pull out a W for the fans and also get Coach Vaughan #300!
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X