This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Unbelievable weekend in Hamilton, the school should be commended. Great crowd at football game and good crowd at Hockey.

This is a team that will compete all year! Would have been easy to take a tie and call it a moral victory. Man they battled all night. How many of you had the team at 3 and 1 after the first 4 games?? I loved the physicality that Goulakas,Wagner, Mchperson and Nasca brought last night. I think Miami thought they could physically run Gate out of the building. Didn't happen.
    Last edited by Gaterrooter; 10-17-2011, 07:50 AM.
    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Amen...I agree.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

INCH power rankings has us at #14 ! Bartliff I believe has a shoulder injury. Waiting for National polls !

Comment

Yes Shabby, perhaps The Coat is mellowing in his relatively old age (watching Earl and Conte at Starr qualifies me for "senior status")...although the mellowing process was not helped by sitting through the last two minutes of rergulation time and ot against Cornell Sat afternoon. Spiro looks like a nice pickup; he came on board pretty late in the recruiting process. Great to get some early season 1-goal wins against quality opponents, although UN-O did lose two up in Alaska this weekend. Wagner and Smith look like there's serious chemistry there and adding speed in Wilson completes a high calibre line. Chris Wagner looks like his upside is very high and it would be great to see Austin have a great senior season; he deserves it...

Comment

Conte was at Saturday's game...wonder if the Devs are interested in someone. We're the same age Greeny. Couldn't agree more about that line either.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Conte was at Saturday's game...wonder if the Devs are interested in someone. We're the same age Greeny. Couldn't agree more about that line either.
              Two Devils prospects in the same game against one another - Corbin McPherson and Miami's Blake Coleman

Comment

Congrats on the weekend, Colgate. Thanks for doing the ECAC proud and I hope you guys soften up a bunch of opponents for your travel partner
                Cornell '01

Comment

Just returned from a 4-day out of stater. An amazing w/e in Hamilton! Thanks for all the recaps of both games, Shabby, Rainman, Greencoat, etc. It was exciting just reading all the posts. Depressed to have missed maybe one of the most exciting home sports weekends - with fb's ot win - of the recent past. Sounds like we have some great playmakers in that Smith - Wagner - Wilson line, + others. Looking forward to the rest of the season and actually being at Starr for the first time for the Niagara game. Gotta see this team in person!! (maybe a FB-hockey doubleheader on 10/29!?)
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We're ranked #16 in the USCHO poll!

This is the first time we've been ranked since 11/23/2009 (that week we were 20th), and the second time we've been ranked since 10/16/2006 (also 20th, that was the infamous year we were picked to finish 1st in the ECAC). Hope this doesn't jinx us but we deserve the recognition after beating Miami.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

# 14 in USA Today poll

Comment

The ranking(s) seem conservative as if they're [partly] based on Colgate's underperformance last year. But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. Once Miami gets winning, our PWR should rise, too. Army not looking very intimidating right now...hoping for another Cod Classic Cup! Anyone going? Health report on Eachus or McCarney? Just wondering, thx.
                        Go 'Gate!
                        Beat Army!
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

quality work Gaterrooter...thanks...

Comment

I wish I knew how to do that ! Thank you Gater...awesome.

Comment

Not a problem. I'll try to keep up with the info and paste relevant articles, pics and videos as they come along.
                              Can't believe we are almost on page 9 this quick.
                              The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Working...
                              X