Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    IIRC it's not a big charge, only a couple of dollars per game. Probably to cover the cost of processing the payment
    As far as I can tell, you can only sign up for yearly or monthly (which automatically renews unless you cancel it) subscriptions. The monthly subscription is $9.95 I believe.

Comment

It would appear those hoops that require jumping through before the new assistant can take her spot behind the bench are numerous and not exactly uncomplicated.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I thought so.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...101211aab.html
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

My wish for the week: that you'll be posting a link to a story very similar to this next Wednesday.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            My wish for the week: that you'll be posting a link to a story very similar to this next Wednesday.
            You mean because the WCHA screwed up the release again?
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              You mean because the WCHA screwed up the release again?
              At least gophersports.com got it right!
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                At least gophersports.com got it right!
                It would have really been strange if gophersports had showed video of Blayre Turnbull scoring.

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/2011/10/13/go...ding-champions
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Good information there from the Daily. That's the type of injury report the larger media always provides for the sporting public regarding the men's team but which we only very rarely see for the women's team. "Day-to-day" on Wednesday is a huge upgrade in information from "status uncertain" on Saturday night.
                    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey: 2011-2012 Season Thread

I prefer hearing something like "one to three weeks." I think Grogan started out day-to-day. Sometimes, it can wind up being a lot of days.

Comment

I agree with that too but just receiving any information at all is a breath of fresh air. For most of us the only injury information we get is when we watch to see who skates out on to the ice for pre-game warmups.

Comment

Per the Daily article, it would be great...and obviously ideal to have Schoullis available for the Badger series this weekend, but if #24 could / would heal or rehab more completely with the weekend off I'd say rest her for the benefit of the balance of the teams season. Obviously it's tough for any Gopher to miss a series with UW. Erickson is right I believe...the team has the depth that should allow them to compensate the potential absence of #24. Unfortunate with the way the top line has played through the first four games this season. An opportunity for someone...and the team to step up. Circumstances that hopefully inspire a strong effort from the roster this weekend.

Have to contain the likes of Knight, Decker, Prevost & the Ammerman sisters with some stellar defensive play in Madison...as much as possible, or getting pts. out of the series will be difficult. Tough task. Noora will have to be on her game. Räty rarely plays anything less than outstanding...I never worry about her performance. Just minimize Badger scoring chances and don't put them on the PP a bunch.

Back to #24...I'm actually encouraged by the "day to day" assessment. Yeah, it's vague...but based on the way things looked at the time of the collision and the speculation following immediately well...like I said, I take encouragement from that news.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...101311aaa.html

GO GOPHERS!
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Wisconsin.

The Badgers are going to be the beast in the room unless and until the Gophers can beat them.

Somehow I feel just a little bit more optimistic than in years past.

Wisconsin has good goaltending but unless Vetter suits up Minnesota has better. If Slusar and Mikkelson aren't suiting up Minnesota has a better and deeper defense. Wisconsin still has scary good forwards but not as many and not quite as scary as in the past (unless Duggan and Bauer suit up). Last year's tournament game tipped to Wisconsin, I thought, when Minnesota shortened the bench and went with mostly two lines over the last half of regulation and then into overtime while Wisconsin continued always with three and occasionally with the fourth. That isn't going to happen this year.

It should be great hockey.

Come on Gophers, slay the beast.
                              Last edited by ManBehindTheCurtain; 10-14-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Line chart posted at GWH Facebook page.

Line chart.

Lorence on the first line with Kessel at center.

Brausen, Bona and Anderson on the 3rd line.

Comment

Working...
                                X