• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey: 2011-2012 Season Thread

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...100411aaa.html
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I have a quick question I plan on attending a good number of Womens games this year. Do they by chance simulcast mens games when they are playing at the same time? For that matter now that I think of it, are there even televisions in Ridder?
      Thanks

Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelerdealer View Post
        I have a quick question I plan on attending a good number of Womens games this year. Do they by chance simulcast mens games when they are playing at the same time? For that matter now that I think of it, are there even televisions in Ridder?
        Thanks

Go Gophers!
        No simulcasts or televisions at Ridder. When there's a conflict and you want to see both, your best bet might be to DVR the mens game and watch it when you get home.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by wheelerdealer View Post
          Thanks

Go Gophers!
          You won't be able to watch the games, but will get the occasional scoring updates.

Comment

Great! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by taz91 View Post
              You won't be able to watch the games, but will get the occasional scoring updates.
              Ah, just grab a broom or something and run back and forth in the tunnel.

Comment

http://www.mndaily.com/2011/10/06/go...open-wcha-play

GO GOPHERS!!

We want six!
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Like their attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    Ah, just grab a broom or something and run back and forth in the tunnel.
                    For the number of student workers they have, it just may work. Hopefully the arena manager isn't on here.

Comment

Originally posted by taz91 View Post
                      For the number of student workers they have, it just may work. Hopefully the arena manager isn't on here.
                      Look out for a 'ManInTheTunnel'!

Comment

Beat the Huskies...Huskies...Huskies!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...100611aaa.html
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

5-0 after two. Goals by Kessel (2), West, Schoullis, and Lorence. Shots are 39-9.
                          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Final 6-0.

Attendance posted as 457, embarrassing. About half of that number was the band (OK, slight exaggeration but it WAS the largest band ever, a full section).

Kortum and Anderson not dressed tonight, Frischmann and Ludwigson instead. I heard someone say something about illness. Maybe the Division I women's columnist knows. The change in roster resolved itself into only three lines seeing regular shifts. The 3rd was Bona centering Lorence on the left and Brausen on the right, they were rewarded for consistently solid play with Lorence's first collegiate goal. The fourth line saw Downey getting spot duty and then the full line was out for one shift in the 2nd and several shifts in the 3rd.

It was a dominating performance by the Gophers. Kessel scored two, one a wonderful top shelf far corner laser shot from the top of the left circle. Schoullis got her 100th point as a Gopher. There were lots and lots of pretty plays but not all pretty plays end in goals. However, both of the West goals on feeds from Terry (one short handed, one on the power play) were pretty, pretty plays.

Geez, 457 really sucks.
                            Last edited by ManBehindTheCurtain; 10-08-2011, 09:01 AM. Reason: attendance

Comment

Lynx win WNBA title with 73-67 victory in Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                                Kortum and Anderson not dressed tonight, Frischmann and Ludwigson instead. I heard someone say something about illness.
                                Don't know about Anderson, but I was told that Kortum has mono.

Comment

Working...
                                X