Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey: 2011-2012 Season Thread

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    Created a little intrigue with the tid bit concerning the new assistant. Figured they've had someone hired for awhile, sans an official announcement when the job listing disappeared from the NCAA site. Hope they can get her behind the bench ASAP.
    Strong praise in the press conference for Darwitz; whoever they have coming in will have big skates to fill.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

http://www.twincities.com/sansevere/...5?source=email
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...130677283.html
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

"That narrows it down to all the female hockey coaches in Canada."

Hmmm, now I'm really curious! Hopefully she's got connections throughout all of Canada and can use them to attract some of their top players. No doubt this is one of the objectives, to compliment the Gophers' recruiting advantage that they already enjoy in Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Hmmm, now I'm really curious! Hopefully she's got connections throughout all of Canada and can use them to attract some of their top players. No doubt this is one of the objectives, to compliment the Gophers' recruiting advantage that they already enjoy in Minnesota.
            Indeed. I also hope she sticks around for awhile.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              or Mexico...

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...092811aaa.html
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Wildly unfounded speculation:

Anyone know what Bobbi Ross is up to?
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                    Wildly unfounded speculation:

Anyone know what Bobbi Ross is up to?
                    Last I heard, she was back in Saskatchewan. She would be a good coach -- she coached the Gopher club hockey team for a while after her graduation. Maybe someday she'll get back into the NCAA hockey scene. One of my all-time favorite Gophers.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Last I heard, she was back in Saskatchewan. She would be a good coach -- she coached the Gopher club hockey team for a while after her graduation. Maybe someday she'll get back into the NCAA hockey scene. One of my all-time favorite Gophers.
                      I still cringe when I hear her name after that Frozen Four semi in which she nearly single handedly broke every heart in Wildcat Country
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Also one of my all time favorite Gophers.

I figured she was probably back in Saskatchewan. She would need a work visa to take a job, any job, in the USA. The Gopher head coach says they have hired an assistant but "she" has to get a visa before she can start work. The Gopher position is one that recently has been filled by a former player.

Just wildly unfounded speculation which I believe is one of the reasons why this forum exists.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                          I still cringe when I hear her name after that Frozen Four semi in which she nearly single handedly broke every heart in Wildcat Country
                          Hopefully, you get a chance to meet her. She was a great interview, because her comments were always thoughtful and sincere, whether she'd scored 4 goals in a FF game or had her career just end in OT in an NCAA quarter. Very good hockey player and a better person.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                          The Gopher head coach says they have hired an assistant but "she" has to get a visa before she can start work. The Gopher position is one that recently has been filled by a former player.

Just wildly unfounded speculation which I believe is one of the reasons why this forum exists.
                          Some parts of your speculation are more founded than others.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Some parts of your speculation are more founded than others.
                            Hmmmm . . .

Brittany Francis?

Comment

The Daily is back on the GWH beat.

http://www.mndaily.com/2011/09/29/wo...h-expectations
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                                "The Dutchwomen were 11-29-3 last season..." The Daily was a tad generous in crediting the number of wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X