Comment

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

ND: Mike Johnson
      RPI stays the same.

Comment

The good: RPI scored a goal
        The bad: They still lost

cnor won his second consecutive week. And he didn't even have to be a traitor to do it this time! He also moved himself into a tie for first place with mackek2.

knsmith's failure to post picks this week dropped him / her from 3rd to 10th place.

Anders Lee's hat trick to christen the new building earned him 6 PtC points. Bergin, Malchuk, and Rogic were all worth 2 PtC points for the Engineers. A whopping 5 posters picked Anders Lee, while ehf chose Bergin and FlagDUDE and REDaero both tabbed Malchuk.

This brings up a very important question. Anders Lee came into the game with a 5-3-8 line (good for 13 PtC points). T. J. Tynan came into the game with a 2-7-9 line (good for 11 PtC points). Obviously, the top point producer should be excluded from being chosen. But, should it be the top forward / defenseman in terms of hockey points or PtC points? Please give an answer along with your picks for the week. (No, this will not take effect retroactively.) (And, in the future, this won't usually have an impact, but just for the rare occasions that it does, I want the crowd's opinion. And, I hope it's obvious that the other one will be used as a tiebreaker, just as it is now.)

Results!
        7 + 1 points
        cnor79

6 points
        lugnut92
        mackek2
        MavHockey14
        Ralph Baer
        vizoroo

4 points
        engineerhockeyfan
        FlagDUDE08

2 points
        burgie12
        GRussinko
        hawthr
        REDaero91
        REDRocket
        RKarger
        TuteScrooge
        Last edited by burgie12; 10-23-2011, 11:08 PM.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

RPI welcomes Ken Ralph and the CC Tigers to the unfriendly confines of the HFH. Last week, CC was ranked #4 in the (meaningless) USCHO.com pole. They then failed to get a win this weekend. They couldn't even pull out a tie! For those that are sarcasm-challenged, they didn't play this weekend.

RPI went into South Bend, Indiana and failed to produce on their opportunity to put a damper on Notre Dame's parade. They come back to Troy bruised and broken and with a 1-4-0 record. This pair of games is a return trip for RPI opening last season in Colorado Springs.

You may not choose the following players for this game:
          Rensselaer:
          F - Joel Malchuk
          D - Nick Bailen, Pat Koudys, or Guy Leboeuf

Colorado College:
          F - Jaden Schwartz
          D - Mike Boivin

Statistics / Rosters:
          Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
          Colorado College: Statistics | Roster
          Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Friday:
            RPI - Ryan Haggerty
            Kitty cats - Gabe Guentzel

Saturday:
            Rensselaer - Mike Bergin
            Two Tiggers is twice as better than one - Rylan Schwartz

I think that we should exclude the top-scoring forward / d-man based on real points, not PtC.
            Go Red!!

Comment

Friday
              RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE like a broken record...
              They stole our upset: Gabe Guentzel

Saturday
              RPI ENGINEERS: ALEX ANGERS-GOULET because formatting is fun
              The Colorado College: William Rapuzzi

I think the banlist should be determined by real points.
              Last edited by lugnut92; 10-23-2011, 10:53 PM. Reason: I was missing something.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

My picks will be later, but as for my opinion, if you put a different schema up for points, stick to it. Therefore, IMHO, the ban list should be based upon PtC points.

Which brings me to another question: What if a team has a Dryden-esque goalie that gets shutout after shutout after shutout? I know, we wouldn't pick them because we're one of the four schools that actually beat Dryden. But I think you get my point; should the goalie be up against the defense for the ban list? Or is there enough point danger in picking the goaltender that they should always be eligible?

Comment

Friday
                  RPI Haggerty
                  CC Rylen Schwartz

Saturday
                  RPI Schroeder
                  CC Gabe Guentzel
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Friday
                    RPI: Josh Rabbani
                    CC: Scott Winkler

Saturday:
                    RPI: Bo Dolan
                    CC: Rylan Schwartz

I think we should continue to use real points as the ineligibility criterion.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Which brings me to another question: What if a team has a Dryden-esque goalie that gets shutout after shutout after shutout? I know, we wouldn't pick them because we're one of the four schools that actually beat Dryden. But I think you get my point; should the goalie be up against the defense for the ban list? Or is there enough point danger in picking the goaltender that they should always be eligible?
                      I am against the goalie being ineligible. In my opinion, the reason that the goal / assist points for the goalie are so high is to try and entice individuals to choose him because his point totals are so variable / dependent on a number of other factors (kinda like a pitcher's W-L record). Besides (and maybe this is more of an ECAC thing), with the large amount of inconsistent goalie rotation that goes on, it's difficult to predict which goalie will be playing which game (especially if it's a Saturday game), which is just another thing that keeps people from picking goalies, hence the big rewards for goals / assists.
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Friday:
                        ECAC D-III: Johnny Rockets Rogic
                        WCHA D-III: Scott Winkler

Saturday:
                        RPI: Ryan Haggerty
                        CC: Rylen Schwartz

Comment

Friday:
                          RPI: Rogic
                          CC: Schwartz (obviously not the ineligible one)

Saturday:
                          RPI: Haggerty
                          CC: Rapuzzi

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            I am against the goalie being ineligible. In my opinion, the reason that the goal / assist points for the goalie are so high is to try and entice individuals to choose him because his point totals are so variable / dependent on a number of other factors (kinda like a pitcher's W-L record). Besides (and maybe this is more of an ECAC thing), with the large amount of inconsistent goalie rotation that goes on, it's difficult to predict which goalie will be playing which game (especially if it's a Saturday game), which is just another thing that keeps people from picking goalies, hence the big rewards for goals / assists.
                            FWIW, there has only been one goaltender in college hockey history (to the best of my knowledge) that has been credited with a goal (I believe it was an MTU goalie), and none have shot the puck into the opposite net. Obviously Allen York did get an assist his freshman year. Source is Wikipedia (so you know it's true ).

Comment

Friday
                              RPI Ryan Haggerty
                              Tiggies Rylan Schwartz

Saturday
                              RPI AAG
                              Tiggies Gabe Guentzel

I think that we should exclude the top-scoring forward / d-man based on real points, not PtC. But then wouldn't Haggerty be ineligible too?
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 10-25-2011, 11:50 AM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                I think that we should exclude the top-scoring forward / d-man based on real points, not PtC. But then wouldn't Haggerty be ineligible too?
                                Malchuk has a 2-0-2 line while Higgs and Haggerty have 0-2-2 lines. Whichever method is not used will be used as a tiebreaker, so only teammates with identical lines (like Bailen, Koudys, and Leboeuf each with a 1-0-1 line) will be mutually excluded (which also explains why Bergin with a 0-1-1 line is currently eligible).
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X